No LED steering wheel, lifter, Bluetooth needed? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No LED steering wheel, lifter, Bluetooth needed?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Georgemaser, Feb 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. williams1

williams1 Rookie

Dec 15, 2016
    New York
    I have a new to me 458 and have all three and find them useful, especially the lifter. I am in the Northeast and find many instances for it, including my own driveway. I searched for 10 months before I found the car I ended up with. At times during the search, I considered forgoing my requirement for all three, but am glad I held out.

Viperjoe likes this.
  2. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    I’m facing a similar dilemma - do I forgo some of the options I want (but don’t necessarily need) for the otherwise ‘perfect’ car? I say yes! I think I need the lifter but only for my steep driveway. I’m gonna ask a friend with a 458 to stop by to test this. I would like a car with a clear bra just because (to me) it’s a sign that the previous owner/s had an interest in keeping the car in good shape.
    Any thoughts on the electric seats vs the CF racing seats? Are they comfortable on regular roads or really only beneficial for track use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I went with the full electric seats on my 458 Spider. The main reason was for the seat heaters since I always drive with the top down. Even in San Diego it gets chilly. I use the seat memory for a "getting in" setting and a "driving" setting. I also love the lifter, so many driveways where it is necessary.

4. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Can always have a dealer swap the steering wheel with an LED one. $$ Novitech has a springs/front lift pkg. Something to consider if the car doesn’t have to stay 100% stock and you can get a great deal on the car.

5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have had both the "comfort" seats and now the bucket / sport seats in cf and would say both are comfortable for long runs, no major differences imo. But the cf seats are really an beautiful art in itself so if I would to choose between tvo cars for the same price and the only difference is the seats, I would most def go with the cf seats

6. bz458

bz458 Rookie

Oct 21, 2017
    The 458 sits high, unless you plan on lowering it, the lifter is not an issue. I have a steep driveway and it’s not a problem. LED wheel is a must have but you can always add it later for $6-7k if you figure out you really want it. To me the Bluetooth, even with the bovee, doesn’t work that well and wouldn’t be a deal breaker...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    I disliked the feel of the carbon fiber steering wheel on my 458. LED's are a gimmick for the cars and coffee crowd. If you really drive the car and log miles for hours and hours you will wish you had a full leather steering wheel.

MANDALAY and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  8. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Agree, LED wheel is a must have.

9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have all those options and I use and love having them all. They will also make the car more attractive when you want to sell it.

10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Had both on my Italia and on the whole I agree with Spiders, although I'd like to point out that apart from having a strong personal taste component (as most optins and specs of any given car), LEDs are also quite handy to change gear and not having to take your eyes off the road. In the 458, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears hit 9000rpm like a bullet in less than nothing, so LEDs aren't 100% useless, they also serve a purpose. And it's a fun factor. We're entitled to have a bit of fun with our 458s, right? :)

Agree with the superior feel and grip of an all leather steering wheel. But for the visual and fun factor, I changed mine to a carbon fiber one.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Need4Spd and bz458 like this.
  11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Georgmaster: your Q was of Feb 15; did you decide yet ? :D

12. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I too dislike the feel of a CF steering wheel. As such, I ordered my soon TBD 488 with an LED / Leather Steering Wheel. Apparently, that configuration is somewhat in demand as Ferrari has assigned it option code LEDL. IMO, the LEDs are a must have as is a leather wheel, so I'll have the best of both worlds.

Melvok, MANDALAY and Oz-ATL like this.
  13. James A

James A Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Ashworth
    +1 on the LEDs being a nice feature, don't have a lifter on my 458 and was concerned but so far been over numerous speed bumps without issue, just take them slow. I think it actually has better nose clearance than my old Jag XKR, even in the middle it's not bad. Don't forget about the scuderia badges on the front wings which are a must.

Buying second hand you have to run with what you can get so if you like the rest and don't think you'll come across another soon then go for it. Good luck and enjoy.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Carbon racing seats in spider...design is amazing. Never too cold.

AlfistaPortoghese and Afonsolaw like this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    You can now order full leather with LED's

Afonsolaw likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

And that's what I have done also. For me I don't like the carbon does nothing for me so it looked strange to have carbon on the steering wheel.

Viperjoe likes this.
  17. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In order for me:

LED wheel - a must
    Bluetooth - not a deal breaker
    Lift - unnecessary

18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    You have read my mind, Steve. By the way, are you a more carbon fiber guy or all leather guy?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Labman likes this.
  19. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I loooooove carbon fiber. I just wish my 458 had the dash vents in CF. I may change them at some point. But the non-CF dash vents actually look good in these cars. Unlike the 430 that absolutely needs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bball16 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  20. James A

James A Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Ashworth
    I have the carbon fibre dash vents....... Very coooooooool.

Sent from my SM-G950F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Labman likes this.
  21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Personally, I would not take one without the LED wheel.

But I don't know if Joe Average first time buyer would know or care.

dustman, AlfistaPortoghese and Labman like this.
  22. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Well .... what did you buy ?