no lift kit - Deal breaker? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

no lift kit - Deal breaker?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossi46, Apr 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    Not much new I can add...For those interested in comparing cars, I have a very steep drop off in my driveway in Oregon (rain gutter at the boundary between the street and my driveway):

- my 360 spider overhang clearance was so bad that I backed out one day a bit too fast and dropped the nose off the curb and it bottomed hard enough to break the bumper mount. Could’ve used a lifter.
    - my 430 spider overhang clearance was such that it scrapped nearly every time I backed out, but not very hard. Could’ve used a lifter.
    - my 458 spider overhang clearance was good enough that I only heard it slightly scrape a couple of times over three years. Hmmm, maybe a lifter would’ve been good
    - my new 488 spider just arrived, so I will let you know.

Never had a lifter on any of the cars and didn’t order it on the 488. Dealer said the overhang was “roughly the same” as the 458. Other than my driveway, I rarely ever had and issue.

So, as everyone else has said: “it depends”

2. Malcola

Malcola Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Malcola
    Maybe I missed something but I have to ask , why didn’t you option your 488 with the lifter kit with the driveway you still have ?

Shadowfax and Viperjoe like this.
  3. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    You didn’t miss anything...that driveway will likely not be mine for long.

Given I NEVER had any issue anywhere else on the 458, I decided to not select it. Just a choice. Time will tell if I was correct.