News

No Reserve Daytona on BAT

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by bighitter2, Oct 17, 2020.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Anybody know anything about the NO Reserve Daytona on BAT

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    The only thing I know is I saw it last night and drooled over it. Whats market price on a Daytona these days? 600 or 700? I have no idea. I saw the bid go from like 40k to 300k in one bid, but thats still way short of value and like 2 weeks to go on the auction. I was hoping for a thread on this. They had a yellow one fail to meet reserve a while back. I think it went to the mid 500s.

Edit: I was wrong, yellow car bid to 490
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-coupe-5/

Here is the one for sale now
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-ferrari-365-gtb-4-berlinetta/

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The U.K. version of BaT, Collecting Cars sold a Daytona last month for £450k all in, it had less miles than this and was original colour and Classiche certified. That should give so,e guide to what this will realise. Regardless as a car brought last in 1999, I suspect the sellers is already ahead even at the current high bid.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    15009 is going to need a lot of work to make it nice. It would also benefit from going back to the original color Argento Metallizzato 106-E-1.

Marcel Massini

6. donv

donv F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It will be good to see what a real selling price for a driver Daytona is. I would guess just under $500k.

Resale red isn't quite as bad on a Daytona as it is on some of the other models. I agree with Marcel, though-- the original color would have been nicer.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. gcalex

gcalex Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This is indeed, an interesting car.

If I were still in the market, I would probably be investigating. From the pictures, it looks very "sincere" (for me, this is a very high-praise statement); short-comings are pretty apparent, and overall condition of the car looks consistent across many different aspects. My guess is that the car stands a good chance of being more-or-less exactly what it appears to be.

When I was shopping, there were not many cars that I thought looked "sincere" in the pictures.

If it gets anywhere close to $500k, I'll be thrilled, as it would indicate that Daytona prices are rebounding a bit, and I'll be less under-water on my car... :)

One curious thing is how green the back-surface of the tool-kit vinyl is. I've seen a lot of kits that had a slight green tint, but never seen one where it was so strong.

I've often wondered if those green-back bags were some really nice reproduction that was available a long time ago (and hence now generally old looking, and sort of common), or whether the green-tint indicates something about the vintage of the bag (as there are some (very likely to be well-preserved original) bags where the backing is just brown)...

375+ likes this.
  9. amenasce

amenasce Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Paris / Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Menasce
    I'd be surprised if this goes over $450k.

Hawkeye likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Social Subscribed Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ahh, FC'er NSXER is leading so far! He has great tastes and acquires some really special cars.

carguyjohn350 likes this.