noisy and harsh | Page 2 | FerrariChat

noisy and harsh

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stevepaa, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #26 fou, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks, but if i referenced the Beatles cover of Big Joe Turner's Shake Rattle and Roll, I would be showing my age....

Shake rattle and roll

Il Tifoso likes this.
  2. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Ain't nothing missing with Richie

3. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #28 fou, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    i have that sound from an exhaust,

Gawd Damn that is a sound!

same sound as a great exhaust......

Il Tifoso likes this.
  4. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Fat tires, Rolling unabashed rock, and no f¥¥€’s are what it is all about.

Hate the haters

5. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Fantastic! My favorite rendition by the great Muddy Waters... stripped down, rawer version of Louis’.

Sorry to the OP (hopefully you’ve changed your tires by now!), but this thread has had some interesting shakes and rattles...

Ruben

6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Just came across this gem and couldn’t not share:

Ruben

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    We need to start a music thread for Wayne and Ruben.

F456M and Il Tifoso like this.
  8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    ECS is way better than DWS. I really liked the DWS and I generally hate street tires.

9. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Yes, have them on 575 wheels on my 456. Absolutely love them. I haven't yet tried the Ps4s (waiting on 18" sizing), but I found the Contis to be pretty much on par with the previous Michelins.

10. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    continental ECS 295/35/18 NA in US with no future manufacturing date from continental

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The 575 is not harsh, if you think its harsh you are insane. Seriously, as someone who owns an SLR as well, the 575 drives like a dream in comparsion. It is so smooth, it really reminds me alot of a bentley GT I had but much lighter and more nimble. I have a tubi and it sounds loud of course but harsh is not the word bc the seats are amazing and the ride is amazing. Harsh is the bucket seats in the SLR, that is a horrible car to drive, honestly go try out an SLR. I've had my 575 for 4 months and Im really for the first time thinking of dumping my SLR and I can't believe the SLR is almost $300k and the 575 closer to $100k. I really can't believe it, I think both came to the US in nearly similar quantities too but the 575 is better in every way, hands down not even close and the SLR is 4 years newer. Its really amazing how awesome a car the 575 especially with its looks, power, and driving experience factored in. I mean really for $100-120k what new sports cars can you get? Some M BMW SUV or something, its laughable the value 575's provide.

12. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    harsh is the word for the ride on 6 year old tires

13. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I am about to replace my 2004 575 with another 575 after driving a F12 which felt like a rocket ship but did not light my fire car wise. My previous 575 had the resonators deleted and the louder Tubi competition exhaust “ mufflers “. The car was also chipped. Every 550/575 owner who ever heard it thought it was the best sounding one they ever heard .... but to be honest it droned some times on the freeway requiring a shift of gear or speed and at idle in traffic jams ie going in our out of the Quail got a few complaints !
    It was worth it all to hear it racing to redline in every gear or in the canyons!!!!!!

I kept the suspension set on sport used 32-34 psi in the tires 19” wheels,Michelin Pilot supersport 2 s . It did not have Fiorano Handling package. Only complaint I occasionally faded the brakes after sustained high speed street driving . ( the brakes were the one major improvement in the F12)

As for another car for your wife to love try a Porsche Panamera S , GTS or Turbo my wife loved 2 of them and now misses them while
    Driving a new Mercedes S560 we thought we needed for comfort and ease of getting in and out !

14. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    For srslusso, hold out for a HGTC car and your brake issue will be solved. You can also bypass your HGTC silencer to open to achieve a good compromise in exhaust. Enjoyed your perspective comment on the 575 and F12.

As for a harsh ride on a 575, I don't understand this. Possibly perspective or roads in the area. Owning a '02 with at least the same age Michelin PS 2's, HGTC suspension, the car is comfortable at speed or down an old country road. As a disclaimer, no concrete roads with dividers in the area. Also an original owner of a C6 Z06, this car has a harsh ride on most anything that isn't perfect. Magnetic ride Z Corvettes I would describe as about halfway between the Ferrari and C6Z.
    Bill
    FL

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There are lots of solutions to the brake problem, all relatively expensive. Bill got a really good deal on HGTC parts, including the CCMs. I have his 575M classified as an HGTC conversion and he has more HGTC parts on his than many of the factory HGTC conversion kits.

16. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    a little smoother and 4 db less with new tires.

17. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    I have had my 575 for 11 years. Been through a lot of tires and makes and brands. Harsh has never crossed my mind.

18. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze

This would be Terry’s first contribution as is comes from his age group. Hahaha. Taz I am kidding you. Stay cool

Il Tifoso likes this.
  19. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    And....this is my mantra.

I have owned a lot of sports cars. Too many to even talk about.

Builders and manufacturing of them take years. I like my cars stock. If you experience problems, there’s either an issue with what you have,or there has been a change that can be traced back.

If your
    Car has been messed with, good luck