Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Dec 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Besides my spelling, I think there's something fishy with the dealer.

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    After all the anticipation and all the wait .... I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Cheers, Will

'04 Stradale due early '04

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Brian, the same thing happend to a client of F.l.I but they were nice enough to take him FNA in New Jersey and showed him the car. Apparently something happened during transit. it is possible but let them show you a proof. good luck.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I would hate to speculate too, but it is a great possibility. I'm unsure about F-cars when ordering them, but with other cars, if you order them, you will get a VIN from the dealership. I had received my VIN for the S2000 ~30 days before it was due at the dealership (takes about 2 weeks to ship by boat and another week of travel to the dealership). And that was after putting down a deposit and waiting just over 10 month to receive it years ago. I won't go into details, but I ended up going with another dealership. This... might be something you need to do if they cannot supply you with the correct information regarding your car and why it isn't in your hands.

Mucho luck Brian. I hope to see it soon! Or rather... just hear it, that would be great enough!

5. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Who knows what happened.

If it were "back in the day" when Enzo was around and Chinetti ran things for US distribution..... then no question with that story I would lay bets they were just jacking you around. Sounds like EXACTLY what Enzo would do if someone else offered more money!

Hey you could look at it like this:

This brings you even CLOSER to the traditions of Ferrari! You got jacked around by Ferrari just like lots of rich, powerful and important people did by Enzo personally back when he ran things! Perhaps the ghost of Enzo does still lurk..... You should celebrate! How many people in todays sanitized and generic world get to experience some of the true spirit of the Ferrari of old?!?!?!?!?!?!

Terry

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    In that case I will send the ar up to you again. I told them specifically leather only! :)

Sorry to hear that BTW. Sh*t happens and who knows it may be for a reason. Depends on where you live but likely you can not drive the car anyway till March.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I think Terry Springer's annotation cast light onto a different facet of this diamond. Nicely put.

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    If you think the dealer is ****ing you around, call FNA. The rep for your area should be able to track this down quickly and confirm whether or not the car got boffed in transit. Those things do happen. In fact, its my understanding that Classic Coach in NJ does alot of work just fixing what comes off the boat, before it gets shipped out to dealers. I know of at least one example where the car was damaged before it arrived, and it was delivered "fixed", "good as new" when, i am reliably informed, the body and paint work could be detected. (Not suggesting that job was done by Classic C., in fact, its my understanding the car got toasted and fixed in Italy, before it was shipped). Better to wait, if that's what happened to yours. Although it must have been pretty ugly for them to decide it couldn't pass their normal QC procedures, as described above.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    When I was a wash rack grunt at a local Ford dealer, I remember a Mustang Mach 1 came in that at some point in transit had been secured with a chain. Across the hood!!!!!

We had to send it to the body shop, but someone still got their "new car".

Good luck, brother!

10. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hope things get worked out in your favor. BTW, Ferreari of Beverly Hills delivered a titanium Stradale in the last week or so.

11. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Really sorry to hear your news. Since you are the one who introduce me to this site, I always appreciate that.

Your patience & the way you are handling this matter is gracious. I would be really pissed, but getting upset won't do much. Maybe you should negotiate something out of this.

Hope things will turn aroud well for your car!

Yoshi Ace

12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Dude, DEFINITELY call FNA and ask what happened. If it supposedly happened in transit, they will know. And if they have no record of this, then they will certainly want to know about this dealer. worth the call - worth asking.

13. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Brian, that totally sucks. :( Very sad news. Whart is spot-on, you should contact FNA. I would want to KNOW what happened. Hopefully you can get a car before March.

Best of luck.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    perhaps someone else can clarify this, but i think each car is many weeks from cradle to grave - it's just that some number finish up each day - but there are LOTS in-process.

i'd be curious to know this in general.

i think your plan is the right one, brian. go to the dealer f2f and ask them to explain the situation. make sure you go between 9-5 ET. if they don't have an answer, they can call NJ right then and there with you in the room and get some answers for you. TOTALLY reasonable behavior on your part and TOTALLY reasonable questions. i can't imagine why they wouldn't do this for you.

doody.

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I hate to bring this up but...
    worst case scenario #1 - something is damaged.
    resulting in... repaired just like new. no problem at all. just delayed in time.

worst case scenario #2 - it was sold to someone else for same/higher dollar because of either a) someone wasn't informed this was already said for, or b) because someone has a higher priority than Brian, who already owns a 360 (hence, not a new F-car owner).
    resulting in... what? I'm stuck on this one, and hope that some answers come through. What could be done IF and I do say IF this is the case. An apology?

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, man...! Brian, this really blows...! Sorry to hear about this... Please keep us posted... If it's what your suspicions predict, then look at it from TSpringer's point of view... :)

17. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    scenario #1 - something is damaged.

I would ask for proof - a picture should be very easy. It won't help the situation but tell the dealer it would repair the broken trust element and thus boost his sevicing income in the future.

scenario #2 - it was sold to someone else for same/higher dollar because of either a) someone wasn't informed this was already said for, or b) because someone has a higher priority than Brian, who already owns a 360 (hence, not a new F-car owner).

If no proof from 1 ask for a discount as he will have gained a significant profit from the other sale. If refused ask them to sign a declaration that they did not sell your allocated car to someone else, and go hunting VIN numbers, delivery records, etc.. Even if no success, the threat of lawyers should see the salesmen feel as uncomfortable as your level of disappointment.

18. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    What could be done IF and I do say IF this is the case. An apology?[/QUOTE]

you sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress!

19. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Brian, you're being screwed. If it was indeed damaged, there will be definitely be documentation and other proof for insurance purposes. Demand to see it.

At the very least, get the VIN so we can all keep a look out and expose this fraud.

If no proof/VIN is offered, then (politely at first), release the (legal) hounds! There is no way that this sort of BS should be tolerated.

20. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    shh - that sucks - especially after looking forward to driving the car so much and planning to use it in the right way!

would be suprised if the dealer would try to rip Brian off - he does not come over as someone BSed easily

21. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    FerrariChat will grow strong enough one-day to be able to call our Ambassador at FNA and ask for the details.... since we are all concerned as to what happened to one of our members cars..... the World Wide Web is churning....

I'm sure its a accident in shipping. But if not... truth comes out in small communities, the WWW is a wonderful tool for the individual customer.

Besides.....seems to be a crack group of investigators here, when we put our minds to something.

For right now, I'm willing to bet on shipping accident and your dealer will have evidence if you ask for it, to satisfy your curiosity.

22. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ouch....that's got to be painful...I certainly feel for you.

23. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Brian,

Try to look at the bright side.

Now your F1 Championship plate will include 2003!

Paul

24. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Why no track driving ? Did you sell you Modena ?

I can relate since I had a similar thing happen. I sold my P-car in anticipation of my Modena, and the thing just got delayed, and delayed. I was told that the factory had apparently cut coupe production drastically.

Dont worry... it will come and you will enjoy it all the more for what you went through.

25. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Brian, that is some vile news you spilled tonight.. my deepest condolences!

I sense there's a story somewhere, about what you did earlier this year to deserve this little bit of coal from the dealership so close to delivery!

Let us know the outcome.

Sunny