Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Dec 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, I'm in the process of selling it. And since squeaky racing brakes and R-compound tires aren't really the best way to present a Ferrari, its no longer set up for the track. And its all detailed and pretty so that if someone wants a test drive I don't have to go out in the cold and wash it. Soooo... no Stradale until March means no track until March. (Here in Texas, I can go to the track year-round.)

Oh, well... I guess I'll focus on getting more work done...

2. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    LOL! Yeah, I thought of that, too.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I doubt I get a VIN out of them... they've generally refused to give out any info to date. I will ask nicely for some details.

I appreciate all the support... its nice to have the Fchat family behind you! And if I need to find a stray titanium 360, I'm sure our little network is better equipped to do it than any other than law enforcement.

However, just to be clear... I will not be bringing lawyers into this... nor will I be trying to get my dealer in trouble with FNA... or FNA in trouble with the big F... like it or not, until I abandon Ferrari altogether, I need my dealer to be my friend.

But as with any friend, I will ask questions and call B.S. where I see it... next step an overdue visit to my dealer...

Cheers,

Brian

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Brian,
    Say hello to Tony & Mike for me. I noticed Mike sometimes posts comments so he may saw your thread already. I respect your attitude on this, and I hope FoD will reciprocate your behavior.

I didn't even know you are selling your 360. Where are you selling it at? Consignment at FoD? or through DJ? Yours is Euro spec, right?

Yoshi Ace

5. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    "I need my dealer to be my friend"

Friendship must go both ways. I guess the old fashioned concept that sellers should be nice to buyers is dead and buried at least as far as FNA is concerned.

6. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yeah, I don't see when I'd ever drive it once the Stradale is here.
    Of course, I am assuming that will ever happen... maybe I should hang onto my 360 until it actually does. ;)

Yes, its a Euro. And yes, I have DJ working on it.
    And have it advertised in FML and similar.

Brian

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Brian:

I picked up my 04 spider two weeks ago, just thought I'd share what I learned from the process of what the dealer knows and what they can tell you (I'm pretty tight with my dealer).

I was able to get reports from my dealer as my car went though the line, status in Ferrari speak, red 10, status 90. 91. 92, I was not able to get vin # until status 92 (car was at FNA). I think your dealer is probably being straight with you as I think they are telling you what they have been told. The only thing I would say is that unless the car was serverly damanged (I know of cases where engines have had to be repaced customer still ended up with their car), you certainly should have gotten your car. You might want to ask your dealer if they followed the cars status as it went through, might tell you something.

I feel bad for you, good luck.

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Test Drive? Did somebody say Brian is giving test drives in his 360? :)

I think Brian's got the right attitude here, and what are his real options? Go to the dealership and scream? What will that do for him? They've already offered him the next build, and they may truly not have any more information on what happened to his car. Maybe I'm naive, but I usually don't think somebody's trying to screw me until I see evidence of it.

9. f355

f355 Karting

Oct 5, 2002
    Ask for more information and if they don't provide it phone FNA and they refuse to give it. SUE!

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't think this is the best way to deal with FNA or the authorized dealer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. :)

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I'm sorry to hear this. I understand your point, but I would do something. At least ask photo's or something, laywers (forgot the spelling :p) won't help much, cause the relationship will break. You were going to get a Stradale, offcourse you want to know what happened, and if something really happenend, they feel **** too, and give all the info they have, otherwise, I think it's fishy, but hey, you can't do too much, cause you still have to get a car from them.

12. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    My dealer doesn't seem to have the same visibility that other dealers do. He can see when it goes into production and when it comes out and when it arrives off the boat in NJ. That's it.

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I would not sue ove such issue unless you can prove that your car has been given to somebody else circumventing you.Giving that you likely purchased from FoD I do not see that that would be the case.
    Also since the production run is sold-out they could not get the extra car they would need to fulfill your void.

I'd say someting happened. Call FNA and see if they can help you get to the bottom. Also call the president of FoD and see how he reacts.

14. Andersen

Andersen Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Europe
    After you eventually get your awesome CS (which I also would go throug fire to get) ; Will you have a hard time enduring a relationship with a dealer that you suspect of screwing you over?
    What will you think when that service bill later on is twice, or at least higher, than what you imagined or were prospected due to some repair or replacement you have very little oportunity to check out or verify. Will you accept it as on of those numerous "well its a Ferrari" or would you end up with that bitter taste in your mouth?

I see your view when it comes to being nice and have a good relationship with your dealer but not letting you in on the details in strange happening like this on a purschase this size is well....
    I would at least let them know what I suspcted.

Good luck and hope it turns out all good, I know the CS is.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL - I know Risi is going to be reading this, which means I'll be meeting with Tony yet again. :) Actually Tony might be at our Exotic Car Nights event Saturday. Risi/Tony/FoD are a great bunch, who knows what the real story is, FoD probably doesn't know.

16. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Hang on... let's keep things clear here...

I do NOT suspect FoD of wrong-doing here. I have no reason to doubt anything they've told me to date. However, I will admit that the circumstances, lack of info, and history of Ferrari definitely make it a "suspicious set of circumstances". I am not so naive that I will not see evidence of wrong-doing if it appears. But to date, there is NO SUCH EVIDENCE.

I consider Tony and FoD friends... and I considered James Dunne a friend when he was there. I don't know Mr. Risi, but would love to meet him. I don't doubt my friends UNLESS given evidence of wrong-doing. As I said, that does not currently exist.

Tony is working with me on this matter... trying to satisfy my requests. Nothing has happened yet, but that's not unexpected. Hopefully, I'll know more Tuesday or Wednesday.

So, yes, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED... but then maybe that car was a lemon and the one I'll get a cherry... so, it may have been fortunate that it got squashed (or whatever happened to it)...

Despite the speculation, I do appreciate all the supportive words... its nice to have a set of friends that truly share your passions... even if we do that sharing through a keyboard...

Brian

17. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Really, he reads Fchat?
    Not sure why that surprises me... but it does. Cool.

Now if he started posting... that would be really cool! ;)
    I'm sure he's got some stories to tell!! And I'll volunteer to scan and post any pictures he has to go along with the stories! ;)

18. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Mr. Risi's not much into computers, actually. But rest assured that he knows what's being said about FMoD and FMoH here, and that he is indeed a unique individual to know.

Tony won't be at Carson's, but I'll be there. Just look for the dealer plate!

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Guiseppe Risi...?

20. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Wait a second! Is FMOD an employee of the very dealership that all these questions are being raised about? If so, its suprising to me that he or she would get on this board, and into this thread, and not speak to the issue. I'm not suggesting that the dealer did anything untoward here (just look at my earlier posting on this thread, which indicated that stuff like damage in transit does happen). But, i think its a little shameless for someone to be posting here from that dealership (if in fact that's where Brian ordered the car), and not even address the issue. What say you?

21. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Thats the very one :)

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Cool...! i met him in New Orleans...! Nice guy... Kinda quiet; although i think he was just observing the environment on Saturday night, rather enjoying himself... :) Someone tell him DES said hello, for me...? Although, i don't think he'll remember me...

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I didn't know who this was, thought you might be Tony. I know Tony views FC now and then and faxes FC posts to Risi.

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    He faxes some of the posts to Risi...? Wow, Rob, you're world-renowned...!

25. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Sheesh... don't attack the guy... it was nice of him to jump in with that bit of info on Mr. Risi, despite the thread it is in. Let's not scare him off!

Yes, FMoD is Chet... the Maserati Sales Manager here in Dallas... as you can see from his profile... I was talking to him at the dealership a few hours before that post. He didn't address the rest of the thread because there's no new info to provide... and there won't be until Monday at the earliest. In fact, I'd be a bit annoyed if they did address the question here before talking to me! And you know I'll be posting here before they can! ;) Its not like I can be spending my time on the track rather than on Fchat... I'd need a car for that! :( ;)