North West Drive Out 2 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

North West Drive Out 2

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by gts328uk, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Well,Mark & I had a great day today blasting over this route! After Bolton Abbey their are some really superb roads,very very fast in places and great scenery. I hit a recently deceased pheasant at high speed and heard it bumping all the way under the car,unfortunatly Mark could'nt swerve in time and ran over it with his wheels,feathers everywhere! Ripon is a lovely place and even our 2 355's attracted a lot of attention.I had the roof down for the first time this year,weather was warm & sunny.
    The route basically consists of meeting at JCT 600 at 10.30ish.Clive the general manager has kindly agreed to lay on coffees and pastries for breakfast.There are 2 Enzos in their showroom at the moment and a stunning 360 Stradale in Yellow.From there we travel through Leeds city centre via 2 sets of tunnels,and head towards the airport.Through the airport tunnels and then towards Skipton and Bolton Abbey.We'll all park up here and have a wander looking at the cars etc.There's a nice big tea shop serving everything here so I suggest we grab something here instead of going for a pub lunch.After leaving there we'll head towards Harrogate and travel on the B roads via Blubberhouses(!) towards Ripon.(About 45 mins to Bolton Abbey from JCT and 1 hr to Ripon from Bolton Abbey).The roads here are fantastic,narrow twisty bits and long straight stretchs.In Ripon there is a large car park in the town square,I suggest we all meet there and we can have a cuppa tea/coffee in a pub called the Unicorn also in the square.After Ripon,its a 20 min drive to the A1 or alternative routes back home.The mileage from JCT via Bolton Abbey to Ripon i'd guess is about 70 miles.Does'nt sound a lot but including stops its prob 3/4 hrs in total.Its long enough though,I was pretty tired when i got back.
    I'll put on the exact route and further details nearer the time but if the weather was as good as today it'll be a great run out.Fingers crossed for the weather.

2. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sounds like a great route, I know most of the roads too so should be a blast. Im going down to Kent on tues to inspect the car and pay and then back down on Sat to pick her up, cant wait, Ill take my camera down on tues and take some pics and post them on here.

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Simon - the route sounds fantastic.

Can someone arrange a test drive for the Stradale for that Sunday ? Would lobe to hear it.

4. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Guys,

I'd love to be there this time but date is a bit dodgy with my schedule, If things change I'll let you know, could be a last minute thing ?

Sorry, GTO would love to come out to play !!!

Steve

5. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    To be honest Rick that Stradale really did it for me! It looked an animal in Yellow,so much different than a standard 360.The sales guys said it was about the same loudness as a tubi'd 355 but a different sound.Those discs...unbelievable

6. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Best of luck Dave,is it a dealer you are buying it from?

7. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Cheers, yeah KHPC. Im going down tommorrow to inspect the car (just a few little jobs needed doing) and to pay and then back down on sat to pick her up, cant wait. Im taking my camera down tomz so will be posting some pics.

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Nice one,you are'nt going to go far wrong with those guys,only heard good things!

9. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Hi simon,

Just keep you scanners out for local accident blackspots :D. Grassington is also a nice place to get to but you could do that on the next meet.

Could you update you entry on the calendar to what you think is coming.
    It looks like we will be about 40+ Cars so far :cool:. Depending on what happens and if i have the kids with me, we may join you, it's a Maserati.

More info on the meet, it's a bit basic.

http://home.btconnect.com/fourinstance/cars/

Cheers
    Chris

10. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Ta Chris,have updated calendar.I know there's a well known police Subaru Impreza on the road to Ripon so i'll make a note of it on the maps!

11. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Bolton abbey have said they will be happy to
    reserve a place for us. So, that's nice :)

12. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #62 dpsuk999, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    #63 polartech, Mar 30, 2004
    Nice one Dave, congratulations!!!
    She looks beautiful; I`m sure you`ll enjoy her. We`ll have to meet up at some point, I got mine just last week and I`m only at the eastern end of the M62.
    All the best, Geoff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    That car looks stunning! Its far bloody more shiny than mine! Find out what polish they use! I know what i'm doing this weekend now.If you want to meet up for an hour in Leeds let me know Dave.

15. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    still on ?....gone quiet

16. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I'm sure it's still on. Can't wait.

17. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i will be there hope we dont stay at jct to long

18. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Don't worry guys,its all on come rain shine or whatever! I'm preparing the maps as we speak and i'll hand them out at JCT on the Sunday.I've got to email Clive the Sales Manager next week with definite figures so I need everyone to confirm individually if thats ok.I'm going to look a t**t if loads don't turn up so work on the basis its gonna be raining! We won't stay at JCT for more than 30 mins though.I'm not going to put the exact route on here for obvious reasons but as I said everyone will have an uncomplicated map!Its going to be a great day,can't wait!By the way Dave did you pick up the 348 and how is it doing?

19. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    i did notice on the day of the february run out, many cars were parked up awaiting entry to the jct car park.....a few of the cars were precariously parked on the road.
    if you are travelling north on the ring road (from the M621), and you take the next left hand turn, (past the showroom on your left) there is much more room for safe parking.
    see you there.....just have the fuel tanks to refit, flexible fuel pipework and filters to renew, headlamp units to rebuild, engine oil and filter to change, and also the inevitable spit and polish.
    regards, david

20. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Hi,

If the weather is fine we should be on for a very interesting meet. There's just over 60 Cars including you guys and still two weeks to go.

We also have a Nissan Micra coming (he's only 18). So no drooling o.k, no racing it either :)

See you there.
    CC

21. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Good point Dave,although the reason for that was that we were arriving before JCT opened and therefore could'nt drive in as they had'nt removed the bollards.The same at the other entrance i'm afraid.For that reason I suggest we meet bettween 10.30am and 10.45am which will guarantee those bollards won't be there. They open at 10.30am

22. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    i did pick her up on sat :) ill post some pics at the weekend. yeah still up 4 it also, will be good to meet all u.

23. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #73 dpsuk999, Apr 9, 2004
  24. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Very nice Dave,even the cam box covers look well painted,had to get mine done recently as it had all started to flake off!

25. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Well I could'nt be arsed working today,so I washed the 355 and took it round the route for next week (again)! There is a half hour stretch of straight though undulating road which is a dream,I thrashed the bo******s off it today,very little traffic again.Having said that we can't avoid going into Ilkley on the way to Bolton Abbey which has roadworks and at least 20min of slow moving traffic,but after Bolton Abbey its wicked!