North West Driveout 3 | FerrariChat

North West Driveout 3

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simon355, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Well,todays fab weather has inspired me to ask if anyone is up for another driveout! Its been at least a week since the last one! I can't do the 16 May but any other Sunday is fine.Everybody who did'nt show last time is forgiven! I don't mind organising it but dates wise what about 9 May or 23 May? Any comments? Routes wise anyone any ideas? How about a shorter route through Derbyshire or is North Yorks better,say Skipton area etc.Lets have some input!!

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    why dont we gate crash the porsche owners club event at harewood house i will find out the date i know its soon if the weather is good we might get a few more this time but if it rains i am sure the same 4 will turn up

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Beautiful day for it today - wish it had been like this last weekend. Ended up driving over Chester way (100 mile route) and didn't see one other F car (loads of Porsches though !!)

Obviously count me in.

How about meeting up somewhere different - maybe the Cat & Fiddle and having a run from there, finishing up in another pub or something.

Rick

- Simon & all if you fancy meeting up in Manchester one evening give me a shout.

4. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    How about meeting up somewhere different - maybe the Cat & Fiddle and having a run from there[/QUOTE]

how about a meet manchester ish then via the superb A6 up to the lakes ?.....nice lunch.....then a potter around......probably best before roads get busy toward the summer......maybe an overnighter somewhere noisy, or somewhere nice and quiet like "the bridge" @ buttermere.
    just a thought.....d

5. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    ........or, meet @ Skipton "little chef" (fairly central to all).....take A65 toward Kendal (never disappoints)......thro' the town and on to Penrith via the A6 (superb)......from Penrith, take the A686 toward Alston. (the section between Melmerby and the cafe @ Hartside top is amazing)......following tea etc @ the cafe, on toward Alston and Haydon Bridge on the A69......Turn right on the A66 toward Corbridge.......head south from Corbridge on the A68 for aprox 9 miles, turn right and on to Blanchland (further 5 or 6 miles)......park in the beautiful village square and take a late lunch at the Lord Crewe Arms across the road (need to book).....pick up the A68 once more, heading south toward Darlington......take the A167 from Darlington to Thirsk, (past the race circuit @ Croft) via Northallerton......Thirsk to Harrogate on the A61 via Ripon.
    Here the lancashire boys can head off back toward Skipton and home, and the yorkshire boys, south.
    What a day !.....but remember, it is a drivers day, and i have attempted to design a route to get the maximum enjoyment out of the cars we are privileged to own.
    If you care about mileage and times, i am sure you all have a "route planner"
    regards, david

6. MARKY 355

MARKY 355 Karting

Dec 26, 2003
    LANCASHIRE
    Full Name:
    MARK
    Count me in ,cheshire and the cat and fiddle would make a nice run,but would have to be 23rd,as im on hols till 11th may.

Im sure me and simon would have a midweek/evening run into manchester to meet up with ric and anyone else?

MARK

7. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yep i'm up for that,can do Manchester anytime inc any ev next week.Just need a coupla days notice

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yea,i'm up for that too.Lets give em a blast from the tubi's!

9. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I really do not wish to offend anybody here, and I hope I don't, - but why spend the afternoon in "somebody else's back garden" ?

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hello is this going to happen i will go on a weekend or a midweek run to manchester any night in week just need a couple of days notice are we all chatters or drivers up north last run we had 15 chatters and only 4 drivers turned up lets do something or i might sell up and move down south as they do something nearly every other week ferrari are made with lights and windscreen wipers dont be frightened to use them

11. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    fancy doing the 200 miler posted above, this, or the weekend after ?
    regards, d

12. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Donnington next Sunday ?

13. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I'll go with the flow.....
    Need to book ferry as early as possible though.
    d

14. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

I can do that Ric if your up for it & anyone else? Whats going on there?

15. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    simon.....refer to thread entitled "ferrari cup challenge"
    regards, d

16. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Ahh thanks Dave,well i'm up for going,anyone else? Mark/Steve?

17. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Let me double check I've got nothing on on Sunday (99% sure I haven't) - (SteveF - I'm checking the weather forecast really ....).

It's not a bad drive down there too, looking forward to it.

Rick

18. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    if you guys are heading down the A6, then maybe a meet @ buxton or bakewell ?
    regards, d

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    who is doing donnington on sunday also sunday june 13th porsche show yorkshire regional concours at harewood house we have got to do an apperance there and give the public some proper cars to look at and tubi sounds to listen to

20. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I'm all clear for Donnington this Sunday - anyone else ?

21. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    ferry's booked.....I await instructions.
    regards, d

22. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    See you guys there.....
    See the thread about Donington, if you guys are parking up in the same area.

23. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Mark is on hols 'til may 11th
    d

24. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Dave - what time/day are you coming over ?

25. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    dock liverpool @ 10 am saturday and shall stay at my daughters on sat night.....can do the buxton / bakewell thing mentioned previous, on the sunday morn ???
    rgds, d