Northwest 412P | FerrariChat

Northwest 412P

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by donv, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    So which 412P (or P3/4) was it that is at Portland International Raceway this weekend?

I am guessing 0854?

This is based on a bit of internet sleuthing... I forgot my digital camera, so no pics. However, it was with a transporter from Redmond WA.

I'll probably find out that it was a replica or something. Please say it ain't so! Either way, it was a beautiful car and great to see in real life.

2. macca

macca Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2003
    If it was a real one, we could take a guess from the colour.

s/n 0850 (ex-Ecurie Francorchamps) is in the USA, it was yellow when last seen (belongs to Lawrence Stroll.)

s/n 0844 (ex-N.A.R.T) is currently in Europe, is red, was at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago, is being raced in all the Euro Ferrari/Maserati Challenge races (belongs to Harry Leventis)

s/n 0854 (ex-Maranello Concessionaires and David Piper 1967-70) is believed to be with Paul Vestey in the UK since 1995, was in open 'spyder' configuration and red/pale blue stripe when last seen

s/n 0848 (ex-Filipinetti team): not sure, was with Pierre Bardinon in French Mas du Clos collection until 1991, I think now with Georgio Perfetti in Switzerland; was red/white stripe

And then ther are the P4s: Stroll's 0856 spyder, Bardinon's 0860 spyder, Medlin's 0858 Can-Am spyder (looks totally different) , and (if it's restoration is finished) Jim Glickenhaus' car.....................the subject of more threads than you want to know about!

Paul M

3. etomcat

etomcat Karting

Jul 6, 2004
    Hungary
    Full Name:
    Tamas Feher
    >which 412P (or P3/4) was it that is at Portland International Raceway
    >this weekend? it was with a transporter from Redmond WA.

Redmond WA = Microsoft Corp.

So it could belong to W. H. Gates III, Paul Allen or Steve Ballmer. Well, Bill Gates has a mega-yacht with helicopter, Paul Allen owns SpaceShip-1, so it must be Steve Ballmer. He's a rather dynamic person, such a car would suit him anyhow.

Am I right? Maybe the licence plate read "MSDOS-330" or "Windows-412"?

4. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Paul,

Lawrence recently (and quietly) sold 0850. If the car in question is a real car, I'd suspect 0850. The Microsoft guys (with one notable and non-mentioned exception) don't buy serious cars. If (1) this is a real car, and (2) it's now owned in the area, I'd go for one of the brothers -- Cavallino Holdings.

5. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    I am posting this reply on behalf of my friend, Paul Skett (P4Replica) whose participation in this forum has been suspended for one month.
    Ferrari 412P #0854 has been owned by Bruce McCaw of Redmond, WA. since 1997, so I would assume that if the bodywork and colour scheme of the car that you saw is as described by ‘Macca’, then I would suggest that it was indeed #0854. See: www.barchetta.cc/english/All.Ferraris/Detail/0854.412P.htm

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    P4 Staff, why was he suspended?

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I looked at barchetta.cc already, which is one reason why I think it was 0854. And yes, the color scheme did match and it is an open car.

The reason I asked was that in searching the web, I found various answers on 0854 which said it was in England and various other places. And, I know that barchetta.cc is not always the most accurate.

8. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
  9. harpersimon

harpersimon Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 31, 2016
    West Sussex
    It'll be 0854, since its being sold in the US this week with Bonhams at a rediculous estimate

10. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I know! I still have happy memories of getting to examine it up close! And, funny enough, I visited Jim G some years later and got to see it again, up close!

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    What makes you say/think the estimate is "rediculous" (= ridiculous ?) ?
    How many P cars have you recently owned/purchased/sold ?
    Just curious.

swift53 likes this.
  12. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    .. the OP started this conversation almost 20 years ago :)