Not A Fan Of The Portofino? Give This One A Look – A Wheels Boutique Build | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Not A Fan Of The Portofino? Give This One A Look – A Wheels Boutique Build

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Wheelb, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    would you be so kind to upload the unedited versions. these don't look good.

2. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    I'll request unedited photos from the photographer.

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    Tough crowd, Ferraristi have no problem talking crap about other brands, even on this thread, but say something about their cars and they get feisty ! Portofino fan here, but the stripes need to go.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not nessecarily. I'd say the same no matter the badge. Whether I care for the look has nothing to do with the badge, and the performance drawbacks have nothing to do with the marque.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    If you say so.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The performance drawbacks are not subjective, that's simpme physics. One may not mind, but I think such a thing would be bad on a Porsche, McLaren or Ferrari. I would not care for it on a Merc GTR or M4 either.

As for looks? If so something is done I think looks nice, I'll say so. For me I like the look of modifications that enhances the cars abilities. Show me a Pista with lightweight 19 inch wheels and Trofeo R shoes, and I'd be very positive.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This is an interesting thread revival. Though not scientific by any means, I think 348 prices have been steadily going up in the last 2 years, whereas the Vantage has been flat (at best.)

8. pnd4pnd

pnd4pnd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2021
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Thune
    Know your customer. You guys missed the mark by a mile.

9. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Our client LOVED his car and every time we get a Portofino customer looking for wheels this is the first car that they mention seeing. So while we appreciate you opinion we definitely hit the mark with our customer and many other Portofino clients since showcasing this car.

10. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I’m the new owner. Not sure why so many are offended by wheels and springs, it’s commonplace these days. Let’s celebrate the Portofino for what it is, a beautiful drop top (supercar) GT. For the record I’ve ordered a new set of HRE from wheels B slightly downsized 21x9 and 22x11,5” with a 315/25 rear.

Wheelb likes this.
  11. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    What offended people was the attitude and comments of Wheelb.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    People did not get offended by what was done to the car. People got offended because the overall tone towards the Porto seemed somewhat condesending.

Some also got offended because it was implied that there was zero performance or comfort drawbacks, we some of us know from first hand that this is not the case. Putting the stiffer Novi springs on and lowering the car does come at a comfort penalty. Just ask Merio Rill at Novitec and he will be the first to tell you that. Then add larger wheels with an overall greater weight, and much lower sidewall profile, and comfort is down even further. I have not driven your car, but I have driven one set up like yours, so it's not just assumptions.

honda corse likes this.
  13. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    We appreciate your business and support! I'm looking forward to seeing what the new setup will look like and hope that you continue to enjoy the car is great health.

honda corse likes this.