Nouvalari Sport sound on a US 308 QV 1983 | FerrariChat

Nouvalari Sport sound on a US 308 QV 1983

Discussion in '308/328' started by magnum, Nov 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    #1 magnum, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Nice exahust though I am a little biased since I have one too.

The X Ost seemed a little flatulant.

The magnaflow sounded very nice. Why did you ditch it?

3. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Maybe I haven't been so clear. I want to say that's the same car model on the videos, not exactly the same car. Sorry for the confusion...

Mine is the one with the Nouvalari. For me it sounds perfect and is affordable -Larini, Tubi... are excellent brands but too much pricey for me-.

4. hinton308

hinton308 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Full Name:
    Don Hinton
    I also recently installed a Nouvalari exhaust with test pipes. Wade (308nut) did the work and it sounds great. Very happy. Magnum did you have to send them yoour old exhaust? I did as this was the first 1983 they had done. Turnaround time was about 6 days, not bad considering it went to England.
    Don

5. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Hi Don.

No, I haven't sent my old exhaust but they asked me to do it, offering me a discount on the muffler. My muffler had a faulty manufacture in the length of one of the pipes, but they refund me some money in order to arrange the mistake -cut, resolder, etc-. Great guys and great muffler at this price. I'm happy with the product, the deal and the sound.

Cheers

6. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
    Great timing! :-D I was just looking at a Nouvalari for my -85 QV, wondering if there are any sound samples available. Unfortunately only newer cars on their webpage.
    Thanks for sharing!

7. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Hey guys, just curious, why would you need to send them your old exhaust? I simply ordered my exhaust from them and they shipped it.

8. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I don't know. I don't need to send my old exhaust, but at Nouvalari John asked me to send to them the old muffler -with a discount on the new exhaust-. Maybe they need them to have exact sizes or maybe to sell them to other guys, who knows! Ask you directly to John at Nouvalari and for sure he will give to you the answer!

Cheers

9. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Glad to be useful to other Fchatters! That's the real deal here.

10. hinton308

hinton308 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Full Name:
    Don Hinton
    I was told that they needed my exhaust so they could make a pattern. According to them this was the first 83 that they had done. No, I did not get a discount. However, they spent in a fortune in DHL charges.
    Don

11. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    I love my Nouvalari. It looks great and it sounds real nice under load. Thanks for sharing the comparison!

12. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I played the four variations for my wife and she chose the Quicksilver (I think she really wasn't paying that much attention though). I am partial to the Tubi as thats what came on my car. What I would be VERY interested to hear is what your Nouvalari might sound like under load or even inside the car. Of course, I just like the Ferrari V8 sound, so post up as many videos as you like. :)

PDG

13. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Don.

When did you buy your exhaust? I've bought mine on November 2009. Installed on July 2010... I know, I know, no time to do it earlier...

14. hinton308

hinton308 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Full Name:
    Don Hinton
    Bought exhaust September 2010.
    Don

15. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    So my exhaust was the very first Nouvalari for a US 308 QV not yours. That's the reason they wanted my exhaust, and that's the reason why mine was a bit faulty...

Thanks Don

16. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
    I am a bit confused about what´s really needed for the Nouvalari. I saw a price for the sport exhaust that seems affordable. Now there is this group buy for Nouvalari on the forum, where you can add "headers" for 308 for over $2000...not so good price anymore, unless these "headers" is something you might not need? Anybody that can explain what parts are needed on a 308 for a beginner? :)

17. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Headers are not needed.

18. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Interesting enough but my choice is the Magnaflow. I think it sound more like the Ansa system which is on my 77.

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #19 tifosi12, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Quicksilver sounded the best to me, really throaty deep sound.

Magnaflow was second. At least that guy revved the engine to the point that it made a difference. Maybe the other two would have sounded just as well if they had actually stepped on the loud pedal. ;)

What I don't understand is why they left the diaper on (except for the Quicksilver)?

I'm looking for a new exhaust as well, but the sound is only half the deal: I want to get rid of that fugly diaper and see the beautifully chromed exhaust instead.

20. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Hi 308.

If you want to install a Nouvalari muffler, you only need to remove the old muffler and install the new Nouvalari. You can use the same headers. You must change the donuts gaskets and -desirable- nuts and bolts for new ones. That's all.

Cheers

21. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #22 tifosi12, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Nice!

But 8,000 rpms? And the engine is still in one piece?

Sadly still with a diaper. What's the point of having a chromed exhaust then?

23. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The redline was 7,700 so I really wasn't pushing it that hard.

I tried leaving the diaper off, but it just didn't look correct/finished in the rear, without it.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #24 tifosi12, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    If you have the Euro bumpers, I think it looks darn perfect.

I have the Euro bumpers (big weight saving!) but still the old exhaust and the diaper, which now really looks dumb as there is a visible gap between the diaper and the bumper. Only one way to fix that...

25. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    NOVALARI, do you make HEADERS for my 1982 2v US version? Thanks, Dennis