Novitec switchtronic vs capristo exhaust remote kit for the GTC Lusso | FerrariChat

Novitec switchtronic vs capristo exhaust remote kit for the GTC Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Nov 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    After being disappointed in my test drive for the 2020 Panamera GTS and Turbo (I have owned a 2014 Panamera turboS and loved it), I test drove a GTC4 Lusso and was pleasantly surprised and very impressed. I had a 2016 FF-loved it but hated the dated technology and ran out of places to put the pieces that fell off of it. I found a 2017 GTC4 Lusso with 1200 miles in my specs and put a deposit on it. I am thinking about getting an exhaust remote kit for it before I take delivery. I watched Shmee’s video on the Novitec switchtronic and ask the dealer to put one of those in and they suggested the Capristo remote. Anyone have either and or thoughts on them ? Thank you in advance for any input.

2. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    My understanding is Novitec is on or off and the Capristo, while it requires more programming, provides more customization with a less attractive remote. Bumper needs to be removed for installation. Hope that helps. Joe

3. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Best value and most d quality may be the Forza compenti- cheap at less than $400 and way better than capristo. Should have a lot of threads in the forum. I had it installed in the f12.

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I had a remote bypass on my Lusso and it made literally no difference. The change was so slight I had the dealer check their work a couple days after I picked it up after the install to see if it was broken. For the 8,000 miles on the Lusso that followed I never even bothered switching it on.

5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I got my car with the Capristo remote. Does the job.

That said I was very disappointed with the stock sound, even with the remote. Granted this is my first V12 (came from a 458) and I never drove or rode in an FF.....Put on an exhaust and 200 cell cats and never looked back. Best $10K I spent.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Carlos@TAG

Carlos@TAG Karting

Apr 12, 2017
    Good Evening!

While both the Capristo and the Novitec units both achieve the same outcome there are a few pros and cons to each.

-The Capristo Valve Controller does require a bit more programming, but has a couple more features than the Novitec unit. Capristo will ship you fobs that you can open and close the valves with whenever you'd like. You can also set the system to open up at a specified RPM when you are cruising around town and don't want it to be very loud.

-The Novitec Switchtronic does not have adjustable parameters to open and close the valves at a set RPM like the Capristo unit. The Novitec Switchtronic is integrated to the vehicle via the auxilary power outlet so overall, the installation is bit more aesthetically pleasing and removes the need to carry around extra fobs on your keychain.

Keep in mind, this is strictly to keep the valves open on the exhaust system. If you are looking for more volume I would suggest adding either a Novitec or Capristo Exhaust.

Shoot me a message if you have any other questions!
    -Carlos@TAG

Matt L likes this.