Now a proper 360 | FerrariChat

Now a proper 360

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Greg Nichols, Mar 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #1 Greg Nichols, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Yep, lots of decade + old 360's look show room condition. My jaw hit the floor when I saw how good my 2001 360 looked when it got off the delivery truck, with 28k miles driven. Like it was brand new, not a ding or paint swirl on it. The underside was beat up a bit, but that was to be expected and not noticeable unless you are underneath the car. The part you see still looks brand new, as does the interior save a wrinkle or two on the leather seats. The only flaw is the front clear bra has a nick in it half the size of a dime, but not through to the paint. I'm happy it's there, and the car is not 100% perfect. I don't want a perfect car, I want a car to drive whenever I feel like driving, not just in perfect conditions.

3. Greg Nichols

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I bet yours looks great thanks to todd?

I have seen plenty of F cars and show room condition is not what comes to mind. It is possible to have a high gloss car and a driver.....glad to hear yours is one of them!

Cheers,
    GREG

4. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    No, the prior owners just took really really good care of my car it looks like. Todd does great work for sure, but truthfully I don't think there is much if any room for improvement to the paint and look of the car right now, and a detail job would just be wasted money. Just a simple wash and I'm more than thrilled how great the car looks.

The car that needs Todd's attention is my Infiniti G35 Coupe, with 60k miles and the traditional chips/dings of being a DD and road trip car. However, I like the fact that it's a little beat up so when new chips/dings happen, it doesn't bother me. The price of a good detail is also probably 10% of the worth of the car right now anyway :p.

5. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Nice work Greg.

And Mike...no room for improvement? Now that sounds like a challenge! :)

Seriously though, you don't need to go with a full-on paint correction detail to make a big difference, and having a nicely detailed car, and a "driver" car can co-exist. Most of the paint correction work out there is done on daily drivers, not exotics. And as for the G, even a simple one-step polish would take years off of the car without taking chunks out of your bank account. Bring it by sometime if you'd like me to take a look at it.

6. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Better then new now... nice job.

Josh

7. Greg Nichols

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the kudos Josh.

So Todd, is he going to take you up on his challenge to improve his paint?

Cheers,
    GREG

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    come on Greg, Todd is sponsor, don't cheapen what he invests. :)