NSX Road Trip | Page 7 | FerrariChat

NSX Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NbyNW, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Crossed the summit at 9,666 ft. Then started down and hit fog. Damn. Probably the worst fog I’ve driven through. 30-40 mph tops.

5 steep grades of 8%.

Love the regenerative braking, almost didn’t have to touch the brakes, but did occasionally to keep them warm and somewhat dry.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Parked, really dirty, and ready for a bath tomorrow! What a drive! Positive reactions from everyone, nothing negative. Calling it an awesome car is an understatement. Solid, reliable, perfect handling, comfortable, and fast!

I parked it in general parking places and no problems. I didn’t parallel park it because there are so many big pickup trucks out there I didn’t want anyone to back into the nose.

I think the only damage is a small rock chip in the windshield, high corner, drivers side. Maybe get it sealed/filled or just leave it and see if it cracks?

Total trip was over 1,500 miles over 8 days. Very pleased I picked the NSX!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Great thread! I love driving vacations. Try to do one every other year.

Jo Sta7 and NbyNW like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Leave the windshield chip. A badge of honor on a well used awesome automobile!
    T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Seems like it, right? We usually don’t do back-to-back scallops, but my mom wanted them for dinner when we got back. No complaints from me! Going for something lighter tonight.

We like the Claret, lighter than Merlots or Malbecs.

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

mikesufka likes this.
  9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Is all that grit left over from the winter and treating the roads during snow storms? Crazy. The NSX looks pristine again. Time to dirty her up with another road trip!
    T

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Not really sure. I could hear some stuff near center lines but had no idea it was this much. Did drive through lots of rain so maybe that washed stuff into drinking lanes.

13. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That was my thought. I'm sure those roads get sanded during the winter.

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

And there are still snow piles in Yellowstone along roads. Not used to seeing that in June. Thinking back... coming out of the east exit at the summit was lots of snow on the mountain side and a family was playing in it. We should have stopped but I was focused on the roller coaster down.

15. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I zig-zagged back and forth across the continental divide on a motorcycle trip in June once, and we had mountain snow and valley rain one day. At the top it was snowing, at the bottom cold, cold rain. I was comfy on my Beemer with heated grips and seat, though. :)

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sounds like fun. And it’s still snowing out there. The Bear Tooth was closed last week from snow. One of the films for Invisible Boundaries shows them at a mountain camp in July/August with it snowing.

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Right lane? Is that legal there? :)

18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Good catch! It is the Wild West.
    (Damn autocorrect.)

19. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Pretty funny...

Great post and scenery... I've driven (over decades) many of those roads... great memories...

20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks and glad it’s bringing back memories!