NSX | Page 16 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Its an underrated car for reasons i cannot understand. Price? Maybe. Not fast enough? Its pretty damn quick.

2. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    The common gripes have been weight, being a hybrid, limited customization, took too long to arrive/not as fast as a this or that, no 3 pedal option, no nose lift, no electric folding mirrors, no pedigree, some don't like the way it looks, price relative to Gen 1.

Mostly a bunch of nothing, but somehow Acura booted the launch and the car just hasn't sold well. After a year and half with mine, I haven't seen another registered one on the road (I did see a demo car out on a Sunday).

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #378 LightGuy, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Yes its short and stubby. Same as the Lancia Stratos which you would have to give an arm and leg for. But much better looks than the Alfa 4C which I also admire.

IMO someone declared the new NSX to be Ugly and everyone jumped on that bandwagon.
    Like the 996 headlights. Mention 996 and the next word is "headlights". I don't DRIVE the headlights I DRIVE the car !
    Lemmings.

Honda took well over their intro date to make exactly sure they got it right. I trust Honda in that regard.
    Once again Ferrari performance for a Honda price and the Ferrari is not Hybrid.
    Time for Ferrari to play catch up once again.

4. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

One of my other choices for next car is the 599.
    The car is so elegant yet ferocious. A gentleman's exotic.
    The other choice is a 430 Scud.
    More the animal.
    Or a new and warranteed hypercar fast NSX ?
    Decisions decisions.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thats the eternal struggle: form or function.........it is so rare to get both.

the nsx has clear performance strengths. what is not necessarily agreed upon is whether it looks as good as it runs. IF that were not the case, then they would have sold more than 516 units in the last year.
    arguably ferrari makes an inferior product from the standpoint of performance vs cost, performance vs dependability, performance vs durability etc.
    however, that doesnt seem to matter enough to stop them from selling each and every car they make....and still have waitlists.

so, what does ferrari need to catch up on again?

6. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    if that is your only criteria then the nsx wins.
    but its not.

however, as i just said in the other thread about this car, having just watched another video about the handling etc, i think i need to drive the nsx before disregarding it.

when you are driving it, at least you are not looking at it ! ;)

8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Looks are subjective, no doubt. But to me, the new NSX is much better looking than anything offered by Ferrari right now. Acura got the proportions right ... and without that, no amount of styling cues can ever fix the form.

Anyway, YES ... by all means, drive the car! Straight-line performance is not the only thing impressive about the new NSX. The torque vectoring from independent electric motors up front makes for an impressive track experience ... something else that really distances the NSX from the competition.

vinuneuro likes this.
  9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The NSX is a stunning car to look at. Its proportions, curves, and sharp angles work perfectly together.

When looking at different cars the 599 didn't speak to me, very nice car, but I wanted an engine in the back. 430 is long in the tooth for me yet the price was nice at $100-125k for a nice one. 430 Scud is incredible, but too hard core for what I wanted, plus still pricey. The 458 is beautiful yet it has a potential phantom brake problem (see the thread in the 458 section) and that's a risk I wasn't going to take, so 458 out. Plus any Ferrari comes with ownership drama and I'm done with that. Same with the 570S/GT, lots of little electrical niggles. Amazing car and incredible driving experience - if the dealer was closer, but two hours away and weeks with it in the shop to fix recurring gremlins was too much.

The more I looked at it, the more I liked the NSX. Amazing looks (my opinion), plenty fast, rare, no ownership drama, and Honda reliability with a four year warranty. And a dealer/NSX tech for $300 oil changes is 15 minutes away.

I'm looking at it right now... can't wait to drive it later today. Elegant and aggressive.

alum04org and F2003-GA like this.
  10. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i can somewhat agree with the looks of the current ferrari crop also lacking......i was at the dealer yesterday to get something fettled yet again on the 430... and i walked around with my friend who is the head of the bodyshop. we saw a lot of the cars under reparation, and my oh my, the new cars are not built nearly as strong as even the 430 and older. and then we saw all the newer cars there for work or delivery, and really not one of the latest cars is that appealing to me visually.

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I agree, it's amazing in person. Beautiful color ($6,000 up charge) and it really shows the lines of the car. I missed one in Bethesda with full leather seats as I watched and debated the 570.

12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

US Acura NSX sales:-

2016 - 269
    2017 - 581
    2018 Jan-Mar: 67

13. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    It is pretty much a matter of physics (acceleration) as to which car will win a drag race. The vehicle with electric motors added likely has the advantage in a drag race.

14. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Same reasons as above. Car feels solid. Its a Honda after all.

Although I feel 911 Turbo and R8 are closer competitors. More exotic looking than 911 although less performance. Cant comment on R8.

15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    2017 They sold 581 due to the 30K incentive and some dealers discounted up to additional 25K
    Incentives were still on in 2018 seem to have moved very little due to inventory shrinking. It's
    a screaming bargain if one can get a hold of a reasonable selling dealer - I've tried but no luck

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Driving home from the detailer yesterday two thumbs up, lots of looks, and a state trooper pulled along side for a while then pulled off.
    I tried to give Ferrari a fair look, I love the history, F1 tifosi, etc, just couldn't find one that fit what I wanted or expected.
    Also looked at GT3s, turbos, and other 911s. All are way too similar, common, and not very exciting to me.
    Never looked at an R8. Maybe I missed something but they've never been appealing to me either. Even with Tony Stark driving one.

17. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I found dealers were getting tight once supply dropped some in March. Many I looked at are still sitting. I'm happy with my deal, got into their holdback but they wouldn't sell at a loss.
    There must have been panic behind the scenes with those screaming deals in Dec - Feb.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    So do you mind sharing the details of your deal - You can PM me

19. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    911 very different. We have a 997 turbo. Great in its own way. Not an event though. 360 too much of an event. Tough to drive in traffic. Glad i owned it though. R8 never appealed to me either.

Today i rolled thru traffic in quiet. Then to sport plus on highways jekyll and hyde

20. RyanRA

RyanRA Rookie

Oct 20, 2012
    Your car looks so good with the matte Xpel Stealth. I’m really curious how my Valencia Red Pearl would look like in a matte finish.

21. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Kind of interested in the NSX if the incentives can still be had. It’s a nice 130-140k car for me but not 200k. A little torn between the NSX, R8 RWS, and 982 Spyder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

And it has Apple CarPlay. Pretty slick! Just starting to play with it and so far it’s seamless. Just works.

First real drive this afternoon and I’m really impressed. Wife in the copilot seat and she loved it.

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It’s so comfortable and smooth how could she not. I don’t know if anything is as effortlessly and non eventfully quick as the NSX.

werewolf and F2003-GA like this.
  24. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

She loved the 360C too. Yet so violent and focused to track days. Having something like this for everyday driving is amazing.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  25. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Really happy you’re enjoying the car. Cheers. We have similar taste in bourbon AND cars it seems :).