NSX | Page 7 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Grey NSX on BAT currently at 65k

2. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

#152 Sterling Sackey, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Inspected this 1991 NSX a few days ago. One California owner from new, 17,000 miles, and still wearing its original Yokohama A-022's!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Recently facilitated the sale of another NSX Zanardi, this time #38. To my knowledge this represents a new record for USA NSX sales, eclipsing my former sale of #32!

[​IMG]

4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

My first 1991 NSX with 32,900 miles is available again, please contact [email protected] if interested!

[​IMG]

5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Honda/Acura offering $30k off the NSX for current dealer stock and starting next year they're only going to make them to order. It's a pretty attractive car at $125k.

johnei likes this.
  6. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Yes it is. For that price you could have a nicely optioned Carrera S, or a 573 horsepower twin-turbo hybrid supercar!

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I like the first gen NSX but with the prices going up so much I'm wondering if the new mid engine corvette would be a better choice?

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Apples to oranges. New cars will never feel like this again, the rawness is gone.
    Depends what you want in your car really.

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I took delivery of an NSX yesterday. Drove it about 50 miles. WOW is all I can say. I had one for a weekend about 6 months ago but only drove it a little bit as it was a friends. It's a fantastic car that you can still get a fantastic deal on for another month.

It's a car that's about way more than straight line speed. In track mode it's very quick. Definitely 458 quick. Not as visceral but I don't think an 11 second quarter mile car is a poor straight line performer.

That's just the beginning with this car though. The steering is terrific. Truly. The car feels so agile and planted. I'd guess it weighs 3,200 pounds. Visibility out front is 10/10. The steering wheel is the perfect shape and size.

The BEST part is the ride comfort. It's 720S good. Maybe even better. Really gives a lot of confidence with the poor roads around Pittsburgh. Far more comfortable than a 911 Turbo. Looks way better than a Turbo. Sounds way better than a Turbo. Feels more special inside. I don't know why anyone would buy a Turbo over this.

For $7k an exhaust upgrade can add 70 hp to the car and take off 30 pounds. I might upgrade next year but perhaps not. The car is just good, it feels like each piece is dialed into make the car a complete picture. I foresee me keeping it for a long long time.

I'll post pics next week when sun comes back out ;)

10. Rbcj50cal

Rbcj50cal Rookie

Nov 6, 2015
    Is the exhaust upgrade a Acura option or aftermarket?

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The NSX is a car that every owner says is amazing, but yet every armchair car reviewer on messageboards hates them. I feel it will go the way of the LFA. An expensive Japanese sports car that people said didn't fit well in any category and went unloved, but years after production halted people finally realized how ahead of its time it was and it kept its value.

The NSX will be the same.

Congrats on the acquisition. Enjoy it in good health!

m5shiv likes this.
  12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Forgive me but I'm always suspect of exhaust HP improvement numbers.
    Did Honda send all the misfits to the exhaust department ?
    Was exhaust note heard through Ivory tower notebook speakers in a boardroom and approved ?

But enough.

Hey... I never read one totally positive review of the Porsche 996GT2. Not one. And I read them all.

Exhaust note be damned.
    Finally that car is getting the respect it deserves.

Perhaps the new NSX is in that category.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The V-8 BMW M3 owners were taking the stock muffler apart and modding it for a much richer audio gain.
    Supposedly better than aftermarkets.

14. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the real review, Jon. I have suspected it's better than we have been led to believe by many.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Someone said they're putting $30k on the hood?

16. DoccL

DoccL Rookie

Jan 26, 2016
    Yes they are giving a $30k incentive and a little more if the dealer is capable. There are also great lease deals. I just got mine last month on a 3yr lease and I'll definitely be buying it at the end. I had a Gen1 for 15yrs, a 996TT for four years, and this car so far is the best one out there in this price range. It'll be reliable and the technology will be copied by many manufacturers in the years to come.

17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Glad both of you had your wishes fulfilled after all your contemplation and can post real owner experiences for others on the sidelines to see.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    So what’s the lowest you can get a 2017 for?

Matt

19. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Depends on options... 130-140. Check out nsxprime. Lots of talk there on pricing, discounts, etc.

I’ve looked at them but with pricing all over the map I’d like to see where it settles down. First year hit, where the 2018s will be priced. 30k continued?

tifoso2728 likes this.
  20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

McLaren Philly and Algar have used ones priced over what I could buy a new one.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    The new NSX is an amazing machine. Drove one for some time at an NSX event.
    Looks fantastic (458-570 mix) will own one. You can pick up brand new one 35-45k off sticker.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I got $50k off sticker for those interested.

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Now that's probably what the price should have been in the first place. It will have a much better chance of survival in the $125k range than the $165-190k range. Then again, the market appears to be dictating that as it is.

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It’s worth every bit of 175k in my opinion for how great the car is. The problem is the brand. No one going into an Acura dealership is cross shopping a TLX and an NSX. Acura also did a poor job marketing the car. Did not drum up excitement.

ryalex likes this.
  25. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What was the msrp?