Number of Gransports to be produced | FerrariChat

Number of Gransports to be produced

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Markus Hengstler, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    I read in another thread that the number of Gransports will be limited. Since I ordered one a month or so ago, I'm wondering where you got this information and how many of you have actually ordered one...

Mine will be mediterranean blue with black interior and should arrive early september.

2. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    The site says only 300 to be made total

Mine should be September / October

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I was told directly from MNA that the number of GranSports to be produced will be limited to just 150 and all will be 2005 as the replacement Coupe/Spyder is due to arrive in '06.

4. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Derek,

Have you driven the GranSport? My dealer was able to turn on the car during the Rockafeller Center 50 Years of Ferrari show. Sounded fantastic! Almost like a tubi. Wish I could get some feedback on how it drives vs. the coupe.

5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I wish! I haven't even heard the friggin car run. I'll certainly give you opinion of the car though when I get a chance to drive one.

6. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    I heard a few when I visited the factory in Modena in June. It's a shame I couldn't drive one...

7. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    What was your impression? They say anything about the car?

8. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    They were only driving it around the parking lot. But even then the sound of the engine was superb. No, they didn't say much about the car and there were only three of the Gransports outside and none in the production line.

I find the car more impressive and agressive than the normal coupé, especially because of the grille and the lowered chassis.

Ah, yes: I got my delivery date confirmed. As soon as I got it, I'll post my impressions more detailed.

9. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    They were only driving it around the parking lot. But even then the sound of the engine was superb. No, they didn't say much about the car and there were only three of the Gransports outside and none in the production line.

I find the car more impressive and agressive than the normal coupé, especially because of the grille and the lowered chassis.

Ah, yes: I got my delivery date confirmed. As soon as I got it, I'll post my impressions more detailed.

10. sirsomo

sirsomo Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta/Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Just to clarify it sounds like there will be 300 Gransports made, of which 150 or about half will be brought to the states?

11. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Hmmm....good question. As it was explained to me, 150 total to be produced but the person I spoke to at MNA might have understood my question as it pertains to N. America.

12. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    Yesterday my dealer called to tell me that I should get my car within the next two weeks!

13. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    In the US, we have to wait until at least Sept/oct. As soon as you get it, please post detailed impressions. I am getting impatient waiting for mine.

14. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Markus, What are the specs of your gransport?

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Gran Sport sounds amazing and looks great.

Congrats to all of you ! Much better than a 997 :)

16. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    congrats to new gransport owners, u officially have the car with the sikest interior color combo that will shok all passengers..

btw, that gransport package really does the car justice, its actually mean and has changed the reg coupe into something far more desirable.

17. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    I thought the same after seeing it !

Got mine in the 3 Layer fuji white paint, and the Dark blue leather w/ baby blue tecno fabric and a list of other goodies.

Told September or October. Will be a really neat lookin car!

18. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    I'll do that.

I ordered mine with the following options: Xenon lights, rear parking sensors, skyhook system and anti-theft system. I'll post some pictures as soon as possible.

19. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    I got the fuji white paint with black leather and black fabric, xenon, park sensor, skyhook and heated seats.

Can't wait

20. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    Yesterday evening I picked up my Gransport. While driving through the city of Winterthur I had the attention of everybody especially when useing sport mode...
    More impressions to follow.

21. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    markus, congrats! please post some pics.

22. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Markus, I am very interested by your impressions, specially about a comparison with the Coupé CC... and if you drive around Fribourg, make a stop to show me your beast ;-)

23. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    #23 Markus Hengstler, Aug 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pictures of my beauty... On september 6th I'll go to the race track of Anneau du Rhin. My dealer organizes an event just for Maserati and Ferrari. I'm very curious about the performance on the track. I have to admit that this is new for me. So far the cars I owned were all sedans and not too sporty (Chrysler Stratus, Cadillac Seville STS).

Cheers
    Markus
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Absolutely beautiful!
    And a great color choice

Best

- Jon

25. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Looks fantastic. I am totally jealous. Can't wait for mine. Please post your driving impressions. Also post some interior pics. I ordered mine with black interior and want to see how it looks. No pics exisit of the black fabric and black leather.