NYC roads and Ferrari tires | FerrariChat

NYC roads and Ferrari tires

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Manish C, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manish C

Manish C Rookie

Jun 24, 2020
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Manish Chopra
    Hi everyone, about to take the plunge to get an FF or Lusso but as I drove back to the city today, got concerned about the road conditions, which also tend to be worse during spring. Any share whether having on in the city is a very bad idea, even if just used to exit and return to downtown nyc? Much appreciate anyone’s experiences. Thanks

2. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Not a prayer. Figure a new tire at least every 3-6 months, and maybe a wheel.
    If offered or available, get tire/rim insurance.

Friend w a 350 MB hit the jackpot... Blew ALL FOUR at once on the Williamsburgh bridge.

PhilaChris and Manish C like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it happens but what can you do - pretty sure leo on this board is dding to nyc

Manish C likes this.
  4. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I typically live in NYC during the week and go up to my house by Lime Rock every weekend (though have been up by Lime Rock the last 3 1/2 months). I drive an E63S AMG wagon in and out of the city every week. 19" wheels with low profile Michelin Pilot Sports (in the winter Nokian Hakapellitas). I haven't had a pronlem with this combo in two years (knocking on wood as I type this).

It really depends on the roads you take in the city. I take the same route to my apt, then to my office from up north every week, and then the same route reversed leaving. Mostly from the financial district to my place in the Village, then the West Side Highway (which has been repaved over the last couple of years) up to the Saw Mill. Only really crappy road is Clarkson where it is rough cobblestone. Just drive slowly, and find a route with roads that arent bad.

Manish C likes this.
  5. Manish C

Manish C Rookie

Jun 24, 2020
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Manish Chopra