Oak St. on June 6 | FerrariChat

Oak St. on June 6

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Quikor, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quikor

Quikor Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Will be downtown with the family and would like to know more about it. This was posted on LFSC's site.
    Thanks.

2. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Quikor,
    See: www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/pages/calendar.cfm for additional info on Ferraris on Oak Street 2004, and view the photo gallery from the 2003 event while your there.
    There should also be discussions of the 2003 event in F-chat Chicago archive files.
    Dave

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's that time again. Only a few spots left, so if you're interested, make sure you send your application in soon.

Applications can be downloaded at:

http://www.fcacentralstates.org/event_description.asp?eventid=98

Then send it to Mike Epifanio along with your payment.

My car is in it and as always a hot contender in the "Biggest Wing" category. If no F40 shows up, I should be good for a trophy.
    :)

4. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
  5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congratulations Mike to your new Consultant status!

Pretty cool. Does that mean you'll hang out here more? Would be good.

PS: I merged the two Oak Street threads.

6. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    I'll try to "hang out" more but this is a busy time of year with all the events starting,and the consulting will come first.

7. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I mailed my application yesterday for Oak street, hopefully there is still more room...... :)

8. braincuttermd

braincuttermd Karting

May 6, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm going to try and check this out (as a spectator) since this is my first summer in Chicago (moved here May 2nd).

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Welcome to Chicago! LOTS to see and do here...and,the Restaraunts....:) (If you saw me,you'd know that I know what I'm talking about there....but,I still fit in my Ferrari...:) ) We have plenty of great Festivals all Summer long in the City and the Suburbs. Lots of really cool Neighborhoods,(be careful,though...I've lived here most of my life and there are some places you don't want to go...:( ) But,lots of great Ethnic foods. Truly a "Party Town".

Keep checking here on FChat for Ferrari Drives and events,too.

10. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    According to the "Ferraris on Oak" Guidelines at http://www.fcacentralstates.org/2004_Oak_Street_App.pdf

"As space will be limited, you will be notified by phone or mail of your acceptace to this event."

"The FCA Oak Street Event Committee will have sole discretion to determine which vehicles will be accepted for display and their respective parking locations at this event."

Those of you that have applied, have you been contacted and notified of acceptance yet ?

The event is less than 3 weeks away. Does anyone know what the selection or non selection criteria is ?

Dave

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm passing on it this year,Dave. They probably have enough...more than enough...3X8's as it is.

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Dave,

I talked with Mike E. this last weekend at Gingerman and asked him about Oak Street. He said if he didn't call you, you are in. Because i hadn't heard anything either, so i asked him. He said there have been a lot more entries this year, he also said he was in the process of trying to get another permit to get another street for more cars to enter too....

Tod

13. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Dave,

I have not heard anything. I paid an entry fee. I hope it is refundable if I get booted!

If you hear anything further, post it.

Anyone going to the Lake Forest Concours? Maybe there will be more info there.

Rich

14. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the information. I sent Mike my application for Oak Street a few weeks ago and had not heard anything. This is good to know. :)

15. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Tod,
    Thanks for the heads up. Apparently the web site guidelines are mis-leading since it indicates "you will be notified by phone or mail of your acceptace to this event." which is backwards from what Mike E. told you at Gingerman.
    Good to know since I wanted to make alternate plans if required.
    I wonder how many people will be no shows thinking since they didn't receive a call or mail that they were not "accepted" ?

Richard,
    See you at LFSC Concours

Frank,
    Keep your chin up.... We Drive !

Dave

16. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Dave,
    Concerning the Lake Forest Event this comming Sunday, do you have to RSVP for this event or just show up?? I was figuring just show up???

Thanks,
    Tod

17. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Darn good question Tod, and thanks for reminding me. The FCA newsletter does not mention to RSVP, but in previous years you did need to pre-register. I think it is Sue that you contact. She can fax a registration form that you fax back to her after completion. I show their number as 847-295-6560

Dave

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I know,Dave...Thanks! :)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure Sue still works there, but you might want to call LFSC anyway. Alternatively call Mike E.

20. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    how far is this event from the Peninsula hotel ? The cars of Playersrun will be at the Peninsula around 5pm.
    Stop by and say HI !!!

Markus

21. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Cool! Is this the same Players Run as: http://www.playersrun.com/ ?

I was thinkiing of staying in the city that night. My concern was keeping my car safe. Do you know if the Peninsula has made arrangments to keep the cars in a safe place?

Take care.

22. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    yep, THE Playersun ;o)

Markus

23. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Mike, if you refer to Playersrun re. the overnight parking..yes, the parking is in an enclosed and guarded facility.

Markus

24. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Markus, thank you! Good luck with everything.

25. So the playersrun people will be around that hotel at 5pm on the 6th. ?