OB2 Scanner for F355 | FerrariChat

OB2 Scanner for F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ebarela, Jul 9, 2024 at 8:50 PM.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ebarela

Ebarela Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Ernest Barela
    Hello,
    Looking for recommendations on what OB2 Scanner works best on F355 (1999). Thank you in advance.

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Not knowing what you want the scanner to do for you ? Only read codes ?
    I think the AP200 ( old version - white) is a great scan tool for ferrari - especially for 50 dollars

Ebarela likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Don't expect too much from cheap scanners (<$10K). Airbag, suspension, hvac, abs, etc, data is not fed to the OBD2 port. Some recommend bluetooth devices with smartphone apps which produce more useful data (in graphical form).

Cheap scanners may not properly decode non-generic (POxxxx) codes and may point to devices not even fitted to the F355.

Ebarela and flash32 like this.
  4. Ebarela

Ebarela Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Ernest Barela
    Thank you. I keep getting a check engine light and when I take it to the Ferrari dealer they don’t find anything wrong with my car so trying to find a scanner so I can check it myself when the light comes on. I had the engine our service done last year at 25,000 miles so not sure why this light keeps coming on. I appreciate all your recommendations. Thank you.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    For simply extracting codes, you won't need anything special (regarding OBD2 scanners). We don't have a 355 decoder, but the 360 codes are pretty close.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/eKo1SFjGvfm8ntqu

Do you know if you've had the OBD2 wiring modification done (to ground pin 4 & 5)? There was a Service Bulletin for this.