OBD Data Collection on the 488

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by wrs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. We have now implemented a page that contains launching points to Ferrari News, Ferrari Classifieds, Popular Threads, and Uploaded Media. The idea is to view this Home Page to get all your Ferrari content from one place. Please see the thread below for more info and bug reports. Thanks! https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-home-page.577616/
  1. wrs

wrs Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 11, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I have the OBDLinkMX for wifi that I used at COTA last week. I set it for 10s/s and indeed it delivered data at that rate but the update rate in the car registers seems to be at the 1s level. Is there any way to change this or any other devices that allow for faster data collection. I would like a decent real time display of RPM, IAT, Boost, Lambda and so on that I can add to my GoPro video and also for purposes of analysis.

I had the Cobb Access Port for my 991tts which sampled 44 times per second and was very helpful. I would like that capability on the Ferrari without paying $10k for the telemetry option. Anyone have any good info for me?

2. LVP488

LVP488 Formula 3

Jan 21, 2017
    The telemetry option is integrated but it may be derived from aim equipment (since the Ferrari datarace is just rebranded aim gear): http://www.aim-sportline.com/

3. wrs

wrs Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 11, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks for the pointer, I looked into it but they only have the 458 right now. The sales guy said they had the 488 GT3 and he would look into if that will work for the regular 488. I think I could even use the 458 option but I wouldn't get the data on MAF, MAP and any turbo specific info that I would like to have. For example, I want to know what the boost is just like the IAT and so on. Anyway, I am checking into this as a possibility.