OBD-II Car Code Reader! | FerrariChat

OBD-II Car Code Reader!

Discussion in '360/430' started by [email protected], Feb 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t.bohner@att.net

Mar 24, 2013
    Can anyone recommend a good OBD-II Car Code Reader!

2. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Torque Pro app and cheap bluetooth OBD II adapter. Awesome tool, lots of functionality.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

3. Fatty

Fatty Karting

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
    Check out ultra-gauge.com

It's got functionality to clear error codes as well, and display up to 8 parameters.

4. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    I'm using Torque Pro and the inexpensive OBDII bluetooth, it's great. Get the OBD II from Amazon, check the return policy. Some of the OBDII's have problems as they are cheap asian production.

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just saw this one in a magazine last week. I do not know if it is any good but the article said you could just leave it plugged all the time and run the app that you purchase off of your iphone or andriod. ~$80 USD

Actron®

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I can tell you that I have had the cheap type that requires a lap top to read and the all in one expensive OBD2 reader and I prefer the more expensive reader. It is easier to pull out, no need for a lap top, menus are all set, and just plug and play.

The Innova, or an Actron, about 200 bucks gets my vote.

Your preference may vary.

7. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
  8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I have the Innova as well, love it

9. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have an innova also but ferrari is not one of the models in the vehicle selection menu. How do you get around this? Thanks Dennis

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I have an Actron Plus. Works fine. No need for a laptop or smartphone. Just plug and read. No consumer third party reader will have Ferrari proprietary reads. But you can check and clear CELs and read any standard OBD II codes and I/M readiness monitors.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You will probably just have to run it using generic OBDII setup, will read generic code, buts not manufacturer-specific. I personally have 3:

Actron 9670-THIS HAS NEVER, EVER, NOT ONCE connected to my Ferrari, used successfully on my dad's Jag XKR and other cars. Yes, the port ground campaign has been completed
    Actron CP6900 Bluetooth-Sometimes takes a few attempts to connect, but reads generic codes. I keep this one in my car.
    Launch CRP123-Best of them all, connects with no problem and reads/clears codes as expected.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Edit: Just saw this thread is 5 years old....hope the dude found one by now!

whatheheck likes this.
  12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I have a $20 bluetooth OBD2 plug in reader and the Torque Pro app. Works great, brings up the codes and you can clear them. Used it on my 360 for straight pipe cel codes.

jcurry likes this.
  13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    +1. I bought a couple and keep on in each car for quick check if ever needed. Just be aware that these $15 ones on Ebay sometimes arrive defective. One of mine did, but the vendor refunded my money.