Obvious solution | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Obvious solution

Discussion in 'F1' started by skip737, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What the worst would be ?

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Another Mercedes title due to Ferrari incompetence....

I imagine toys being thrown out of a pram, team poorly managing it's drivers (i.e. letting them race each other too long, not backing the fastest driver early, whoever he may be, etc)

daytona355 likes this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I took a lot of flak here for saying that Ferrari isn't the best organisation.

I don't know if Binoto will change things, but already there are signs of weakness.

Also, why Vettel keeps spining all the time?

Ferrari seems to have a better car this year, but they were in a better position at this stage last year.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    How much longer will Ferrari favor Vettel in a 50:50 situation with Chuck? Or based on Chuck ignoring team orders in Bahrain, has that strategy already been thrown out the window?

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think they could maybe enforce retirement of the worst placed car at say 60% or 75% race distance to reduce the chances of tripping over people, and maybe the big three or four teams would help run a third car for customer teams for the benefits of testing engines etc? Then again, if you have to be top three in constructors to get it, that’s an extra incentive, and I’m sure tv and crowds would like the excitement of watching three interteam drivers battling to not be third at the cut off?

william likes this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari hasn't been a strong organisation since montezemelo started meddling. If he had let Brawn/Todt and co continue on as they where doing, I'm confident we'd have had 2008 in the pocket as well. All bets are off for the 2009 car but for sure they'd have established a stronger work ethic to fix the problems post that year.

Binotto has a lot on his plate and all quite sudden so willing to give him some slack.

Vettel spinning I've raised several times now...in any case it's NOT good.

7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    We discussed this in the other thread: up to now Mick has proved to be as talented as Stroll.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Nothing against him, but Stroll can hardly be taken as a benchmark !

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Perhaps I was not clear. My statement is that what Mick Jr has shown is more or less what Stroll had shown prior to F1, ie, an above average driver but clearly not at the same level as Verstappen, for instance.

Bas likes this.
  10. Frozakimi

Frozakimi Rookie

Jul 3, 2016
    Kimi was not even treared fair in his time at Ferrari, so it would suggest why he seems lack of motivation if you do not have the team to support you. In the end, Kimi is the one who won “last” driver championship till now in red

11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Back on topic - given a straight choice between Kimi and Vettel I would be very surprised if the majority vote supported Kimi. He’s had his day and made a ton of cash. But he’s history and the current driver pairing of vet and leclerc is, to be fair, very strong.

daytona355, P.Singhof and william like this.
  12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fascinating how the entire Italian press is now saying what I said since the Melbourne GP:

Make Leclerc #1

Vettel does not deserve #1 status if he is constantly slower than Charles. Just makes no sense.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I totally agree. He did win a World Championship -but it was a lucky win... and his motivation seems to have dropped from there.... I just don't see why he's so popular vs. Vettel other than his quirky personality... which again I don't really see much in. when you meet Riakkonnen - he's not much... there is just that blank stare... Vettel is by far the better driver.

JJ likes this.
  14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Totally disagree I'll go for experience over youth any day. Leclerc is very good, and he needs to settle in ... He's undoubtedly going to be a world champion.... I just don't see him as the guy to beat Mercedes... Vettel is just not happy with the car... its Ferrari's job to get him happy with it.

15. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    #40 cairns, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    You could always make a poll. IMO option Kimi is the better leader and the better mentor. And given the motivation probably the better driver. Who knows how many he would have won were he given proper support and not have been forced to be Vettel's wingman?

16. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    #41 cairns, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    It's Vettel's job to make the most of what he's given. And he usually makes the least of it. Quit pampering his derriere and start demanding results. He's being paid a fortune for Christ's sake.

It's Ferrari's job to give him the best car they can. And his job is to make that car a winner- not a spinner.

bmwracer likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would agree if Charles wouldn't beat the Vettel, but he does. It's not the car, it's the driver.

william likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    In Australia he was slower, in Bahrain faster and in China they were equal... I do not see how Leclerc is "constantly faster"...

Isobel, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  20. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Not constantly (yet) but IMO demonstrably the equal or superior right out of the box. Let them race and let's see what happens.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    If not for team orders, Vettel would have finished behind Chuck. Once Vettel was gifted a pass in front of Chuck, he couldn't close on Bottles and was only good at locking his wheels.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  22. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    ... and the strategists

william likes this.
  23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh, don't impress me now with those big words. :eek:

I'm still trying to figure out what the "undercut" is...o_O

Isobel, subirg, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  24. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Right. I know Dan Gurney used to have a crew cut. But . . . undercut??

375+ likes this.
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D