Occasional no start | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Occasional no start

Discussion in '348/355' started by Nader, Nov 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Not sure why you're having problems finding it, but depending on the age of your car, it could be a 9-pin circular type or a rectangular, rubber-booted 10-pin type. But it's right behind and slightly below the top of the left hand rear shock strut. I recall the circular type is mounted in a hole in a metal bracket.

Here's a picture of the newer harness (not showing the location, but the plug)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-348-348tb-348ts-MOTOR-UTILITIES-CABLE-WIRING-LOOM-HARNESS-151912-/292595612811

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #27 Qavion, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    .... or I may have assumed that the plug was in the same location as on the F355

4. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    ernie and Wade like this.
  5. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Went for a 30 minute drive last night, and problem appears to be resolved since cleaning the bullet connector. Pulled into garage, shut it off, immediately restarted with no problems. Let it heat soak for a few minutes, also restarted. Im tracking the car today at Lime Rock, so will get much hotter today than last night. I'll report back if any issues.

Qavion and steved033 like this.
  6. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    So after a long session on track, then letting car heat soak for awhile, car did the same thing and wouldnt start. Seems to only happen when the radiator fans come on when you turn the key to accessory. Any thought other than getting a one piece cable and ditching the bullet connector, which I will do shortly?!