Oct 10 Fall Folliage drive | FerrariChat

Oct 10 Fall Folliage drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    It's that time of year.
    Headed from Clifton NJ in the 355 Spyder (testing some coolant hose replacements, new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S & an alignment) ->GSP->Palisades Pkwy->to 7-Lakes->Perkins->Bear Mountain Inn then around the 6 circle back to 7-Lakes to Tuxedo to 17A to Rt 94 and back maybe otterhill rd.

Wrong!

I've got to listen to DFlett when he says the park roads are closed. But I wouldn't have thought the big ones too. But they were. Heavy traffic up the GSP (Spotted a yellow Gallardo near Paramus), moderate traffic up the Palisades. Swung off to 7 lakes towards Perkins when the road was blocked. Everybody was going every which way not expecting things to be shut down like that. Turn around then again to hit Palisades to exit to West bound 7-lakes. NO TRAFFIC on 7-lakes. but hundreds if not a thousand cars all parked along the side of the road because lots were full. No masks in sight. Wonderful drive over 7-lakes to Tuxedo, then to 17A (passed a McLaren MP4 black/neon green) past Maskers to Rt 94 (Warwick) (passed a where traffic at all the u-pick apple places was PACKED.
    Finally got to NJ/Vernon (passed a nice F12) & nice drive to Rt 23. All that to find the best folliage was Rt23S from Vernon to Kinnelon. Very nice.

I'm thinking better colors in a week or two.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

djs308 and Ferrarium like this.
  2. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    Nice pics. I used to ride that route every weekend when I first started riding steer bikes. I haven’t done that ride yet with my 360. I’ll have to hook up with you next time you make the run!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Wife & I decided to go for a drive. No pics this time. Strictly enjoying the scenery
    Past Point View Resevoir to Pines lake & around (Love that one lane bridge) and through Oakland & Pompton Lakes on West Oakland ave to Skyline Rd
    until the end, then North to Greenwood Lake Tpk to Monksville resevoir and across onto StoneTown Rd until the end onto Ringwood Ave and back home.

The colors were truly spectacular.

Just as we are passing through Wanaque, the town fired-up the old skool fire sirens. There was a fire. My wife never heard one before and was looking all around
    for the source until we passed the firehouse. Then two police blowing through town scared the bejeezes out of lots of cars on Ringwood ave.