October 14th Northwest Florida - Panhandle Get-Together | Page 3 | FerrariChat

October 14th Northwest Florida - Panhandle Get-Together

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Owens84QV, Aug 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    He was a cool little kid...I'll have my pic posted tomorrow. I really was great to meet everyone. We'll have to have an annual Ferrarichat Panhandle Gathering. Next year we'll be able to call it the "2nd Annual xxxxx"!

2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    #52 tatcat, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. SMWDave

SMWDave Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Panama City Fl
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    Thanks to everyone who made it out!

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Made it home in fine. The problem is definitely electrical. On the way home @ 75mph, the tach fluctuated between 4K and 7.5K. I'll be checking grounds, the flywheel sensors, etc. Thanks for everyone's help.

Dave, you'll have to propose a date for the spring and we'll have to do this trip again. What a great day. We'll get the word out and the next get-together will have twice the turn-out.

Thanks again!

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Anyone know who that was in the Mondial Cab? He did a u-turn and I thought he was going to follow us but turned into a driveway instead.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Looks like this was a fun event. Would loved to have joined. Maybe next year.

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    He finally caught up to us as we were turning into the dog track. He is not on F-Chat...but I think we talked it up enough where he'll be joining us on-line. I didn't get a name, but he was from PCB.

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ron...it would have been great to have you and other SoFL guys attend. There were probably 8-10 cars that didn't show up. Next year will be much better. The dog track treated us like celebs!

I wonder if a whole-Florida event is required? Maybe pic a spot like Ocala that is central to the state and meet there?

9. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Ocala is a bit more north Florida than central. To me central is Melbourne/Cocoa Beach. But I really like the idea of an all Florida event.

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That funny, but I suppose if you considered just the east coast then it would be true. ;)

If you drew a gentle arc from Pensacola to Miami the halfway point would be smack dap in Florida's Thoroughbred region.

http://www.hiltonocala.com/

http://ocalastud.com/images/ocalastud.com/default.aspx?contentName=Home%20Page&news=1/