October Event | FerrariChat

October Event

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by jimshadow, Jun 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I tried a few weeks ago but no one replied to my thread...If im in town i will be there.

3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Andrew,

I'm hope you'll be able to make it. Anyone else? Thoughts, comments, concerns?

This is going to be a FUN, FUN, FUN weekend!!!!! Check it out.

JIM

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    So lots of looks, but only a comment from Andrew....Come one guys!!!!

I just got confirmation that Tim Allen WILL BE present for part of the event! I'm THRILLED about this as he is a die hard car guy! Let's show him some FERRARIS!

Also, he will be performing locally (details coming soon) so for those coming, there is an opportunity to catch a show as well. :) I'll be able to give the "when/where" soon.
    In the mean time, what I would like to do is to gauge the interest from the Chicago crowd and get some people signed up for a kick *ss weekend!

JIM

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #5 Darolls, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Jimbo,

October is a long way off! It's hard to make plans this far in advance.......give it some time. I have some ongoing health issues so I really can't make a commitment yet.

Skippity

6. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Ok, here is the scoop on Tim Allen......

Tim will be performing stand up on Thursday October 7th at the Embassy Theatre in Ft. Wayne. On Friday he will be hanging around and attending the Ferraris and Friends reception at the Country Club.
    I will hopefully have some advance tickets (good seats) for anyone registered that wants to come a day early. I don't have the final pricing yet but I believe they will be around $45.

What I need now is for owners to commit to coming and register on the F&F website. Both Tim's people and our larger sponsors (Bridgestone for example) are asking frequently how many Ferraris we are expecting. While many of you have expressed interest, only a few have actually registered so far. I know that October is a long ways off, but I'd like to get the Ferrari owners atleast committed. Remember, 100% of your registration fees are going to the charities, so this is for a good cause to boot.
    JIM
    www.ferrarisandfriends.com

7. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Bump......

I'd really like to get some of the Chicago Ferraris over to this event. Thoughts? Fort Wayne is not a terrible drive. ;) I've driven the GT4 to Chicago and back a couple times.
    If you have this on your calendar, the registration link is here:

http://www.ferrarisandfriends.com/register.htm#_personalInfo

JIM

8. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    If any of you guys (and gals) are interested in seeing Tim Allen the day before the Ferraris and Friends event, you can purchase advance tickets here: http://ferrarisandfriends.com/timallen-ftwayne.html

Once again, I hope to see some Chicago area Ferraris (and other exotics) at this event!!!

JIM

9. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    A 2nd 330GTC has registered along with a couple Lambos and some Porsches....Still waiting on the Chicago guys.....:) <hint, hint, wink, wink> :) The event has also picked up 3 more Sponsors today. VERY excited about that!!! I'm hoping for big news for the charities.:)

JIM

10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I just learned today that Ferraris and Friends will have a special guest in addition to Tim Allen.....This person has a LONG history with Ferrari and has a couple VERY special cars. I'm not sure yet if the cars will be coming, but this is someone that you WILL DEFINETLY want to meet and hear his stories. I'll learn in the coming days more details, and will be dropping more hints as to who this person is. Once again, I'm totally psyched about this event!

Please take a moment and register. (www.ferrarisandfriends.com) This will help me and those helping me with the event to shore up the last minute details as we approach October. :)

JIM

11. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    (Hey SKIP, October is almost here!!! LOL!)

Quite the buzz for the event. Just about a month away. If you are even thinking of coming, the discount rate on the rooms expire on October 1st, so reserve now. The link is here:
    http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/FWAFHHF-FER-20101008/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
    There will be ARMED security for the cars overnight and a roped off area of the parking garage of the hotel for all exotics.

Rumors are that Bob Seger and Kenny Perry might make an appearance. Nothing confirmed yet, but they certainly know about the event and are interested in coming. :) We'll see.

For those who have registered, the Friday Reception starts at 4. We are asking all Ferrari owners plan to come between 2:30 and 3:30 so we can place the cars on the 17th fairway.

The autocross is going to be a hit. We have a seriously huge place (32 acres of concrete) for this event and as long as it doesn't sell in the next 2 weeks we will be good to go. :) I autocrossed my GT4 a couple weeks ago in preparation and it was a BLAST!!! There will be loaner helmets available for those who decide to dont have one.

The sponsors have been very gracious. There is no way we could do this on this level without them. Please visit the site and clik on their links, especially the charities. I think attendees will be impressed with all the stuff they are going to find in their gift bags. ;)

Hope to see you here in October!

JIM

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    skip I say you do it and ride with your doors open

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Great idea; it probably would help my waning vision. :(

14. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    WOW, what a night!!!

I spent this evening at Sycamore Hills CC where we did a "food tasting" of the items that will be on the menu for the Champagne Reception. You guys are in for a treat!!!! EVERYTHING on the menu has been specially designed/prepared exclusively for this event and its OUTSTANDING!!! The club is going the distance to make sure that Friday night is a special event for us!

If you are coming in a Ferrari, please plan on being at the club on Friday night between 2:30 and 3:30 to park out on the fairway. Everyone else plan on 4pm to get started. Dress code for the club is resort casual to formal, your choice just no bluejeans. (Saturday dress is whatever is comfortable! I'll be in jeans/t-shirt)
    More updates to follow shortly!

JIM

15. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #15 jimshadow, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Here is an incomplete snippet of what is registered/verbally committed so far.* (*subject to change)
    There are also a bunch of local Hot Rods that are going to come the day of the event. They are weather watching. ;)

I'd LOVE to see some Chicago Ferraris attend!!!!!

YEAR MAKE MODEL

1966 Ferrari 330GTC

1966 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2

1962 Ferrari 250GTE

1974 Ferrari 308GT4

2002 Ferrari 360 Modena

1983 Ferrari 308QV

2006 Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder

1993 Ferrari 348 Spyder

1985 Ferrari 308QV

1977 Ferrari 308 GTB

1987 Ferrari Mondial

1967 Ferrari 330P4

1983 Ferrari 308GTS

2011 Audi R8

1957 Ford Thunderbird
    1954 MG TF

1955 Ford Thunderbird

1998 Porsche Boxster

2007 Porsche 997 S Cab

2008 Mercedes SL 55

Lotus Elise California

Acura NSX

1995 Porsche 993

2006 Aston Martin DB9

Lamborghini Murciealago
    Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo

1990 Ferrari Testarossa

1970 Ferrari 365GTB/4

2011 Ferrari 458 Italia

1999 Acura NSX

1985 Ferrari 308QV
    1976 Porsche 911 Coupe

1978 Ferrari 308GTS

1991 Ferrari 348TS

1988 Ferrari Mondial 3.2

2006 Ferrari 360 Modena

2006 Porsche Cayman
    2001 Porsche
    2011 Porsche
    2011 BMW 550i

JIM

16. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I'm happy to announce that Todd Cooperider (Esotericdetail.com) will be discussing several topics during the day long Tech Sessions at Ferraris and Friends. If you are not familiar with Todd's work, check out his website above. He is truly an artist when it comes to detailling and I could not be more thrilled that he is participating in the Ferraris and Friends weekend.
    Todd will be discussing proper washing/waxing techniques, paint correction and other topics on Saturday Oct, 10th. Be sure to register, the tech sessions are free!

JIM

17. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    13/17 posts in this thread are mine.....1096 views, however.....
    Is anyone from Chicago way thinking about coming out for this event???

JIM

18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    If you are sitting on the fence, wondering if you should register or not.....the following cars have registered in the past couple days....

-1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/2 Alloy-Bodied NART Spyder (yellow)
    -1968 Ferrari 365 California Spyder Conversion (red)
    -1972 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Alloy-Bodied, 6 carb conversion Daytona Spyder (red)
    -1972 Ferrari 246 GTS Dino Targa top (red)
    -1978 Ferrari 512 BB Targa Top Boxer (black)
    -1991 Ferrari 512 Testarossa Convertible (silver)
    -2010 Ferrari California Convertible Hard Top (Blue)
    -2005 FORD GT40(Black)
    -2005 FORD GT40(White)
    -2006 Ferrari F430(Red)

Time to register and make plans if you have not done so yet!!!! Atleast one of the cars in this group is coming from Illinois!

JIM

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im flying back from NY on friday..Hoping to convince my wife to wake up early on sat to be there by noon..but it's not done yet :)

20. eyboro

eyboro Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Eitan
    Is it possible to register for Sunday the 10th only?

21. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    IF you are refering to the "Coffee & Cars" on Sunday, that is totally open to the public. I would be thrilled if you came out!!!

JIM

22. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Perhaps not Chicago but I am rallying the troops in Central IL. You should have seen a 2006 430 (silverstone) that I referred sign up already. I am working on securing a few other entrants (including myself!) this weekend.

23. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Michael,

Thank you.! He did register!!! I'm very excited about this and to hear that you are going to sign up as well. I'd LOVE to see your beautiful T Coupe!!!
    Not sure if you'll be at the Coady open house Saturday, but I'm planning to drive the GT4 over from Ft. Wayne. I'm looking foward to meeting any fellow FChatters there!

JIM

24. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    For those who are thinking of coming and participating in the Autocross.....
    The Autocross will be a "show and drive" style event for us. You can go out anytime, run some laps and return to the event. It will be held at the Airport on 32 acres of clear concrete. There will also be an Aviation Display as well. An A-10, F100 and a few private jets on display during the Autocross. Should be a great time!!!!

JIM

25. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Just in case anyone is thinking of coming.....Here is what's happening:

Ferraris and Friends Schedule of Events

Friday October 8: 4pm-10pm
    Champagne Reception, Sycamore Hills Country Club. (MAP: 11836 Covington Road Fort Wayne, IN 46814)
    Ferraris will be displayed on the 17th Fairway “Pebble Beach” Style. Friends of Ferraris will be proudly displayed around the beautiful grounds of SHCC.*
    *If you are bringing a Ferrari for the Friday reception, please plan to arrive between 2:00pm and 3:30pm to position your car on the fairway.
    *Dress is “resort casual to formal” depending on your taste. NO denim please.
    4pm-7pm- Ferraris and Friends on display. Champange, light hors d’ouvres.
    7pm-10pm- Heather Herron- WANE TV, Introduction of Tim Allen and Sponsors, followed by Live Jazz with “The Singing Messengers.”
    The evening’s events will include an opportunity to walk the grounds of SHCC to view the cars and the course, heavy hors d’ouvres, cash bar, a jazz band, guest speakers and an opportunity to meet Tim Allen.

MISC DIRECTIONS:
    Hotel to Artisans Rods and Classics- HERE
    Hotel to Sycamore Hills Country Club- HERE
    Map from Artisans to Trailer Parking Lot- HERE*
    *For those trailering in cars, please call Jim Wilcox to let him know an approximate time of arrival. Trailers will be kept in a locked/secure area.
    574-320-7360.

Saturday October 9th: 8:30 -11pm (or longer if people are still standing!)
    The majority of the day will be held at Artisans Rods and Classics (MAP: 815 Lawrence Drive, Fort Wayne 46804) Dress for today is COMFORTABLE! Jeans/t-shirts, shorts, etc…

8:30am- FIRST DRIVE (MAP) leaves Artisans and will last approx 1.5 hrs. (Please be ready to depart at 8:30am as we will need to leave on time). The drive will explore some of the better (non-straight/flat) roads of NE Indiana.
    10am daylong Charity Auction Table opens. Social Tent opens.
    10am Shuttle to Jefferson Pointe runs hourly….
    10am-4pm AUTOCROSS Begins. Location: Kitty Hawk, Fort Wayne International Airport. DIRECTIONS HERE. There will be an AVIATION DISPLAY at the Autocross. Even if you are not participating, it might be worth the drive out there to see the planes!
    **The Autocross is a “Show and Drive” style event. You can go out to the airport, run some laps and return at your convenience. There is no need to stay out there for the day unless you want to.
    10am- Tech Session. Todd Cooperider, Esoteric Auto Detail will be hosting a tech session on “Proper Washing Techniques.”
    11am- Tech Session. Brian Stewart, Owner Autocar Sports & Classics “Looking at the SD2 diagnostic tool and its capabilities.”
    12pm- Tech Session. Denny Gilson, Owner, Evolution Customs. TOPIC TBD
    12pm – Tech Session: Rich Brooks, Owner GT Guy LLC. Rich will be doing a live installation of his bumper modification on a 2005 Ford GT!
    1pm- Tech Session: Todd Cooperider, Advanced Polishing Techniques
    1pm-4pm: Wine Tasting @ Chops (Shuttle available)
    1:30pm- 2nd Drive around the roads of NE Indiana. (MAP) Lasts approx 1.5 and will largely be a re-drive of the morning route.
    2pm- Tech Session: Denny Gilson, Topic TBD
    3pm Tech Session: Brian Stewart, Topic TBD
    4pm Tech Session: Todd Cooperider, Topic TBD
    5pm: Charity Auctions wraps up. (PLEASE NOTE: We do not have the ability to accept credit cards. Please be prepared with cash or check for auction items purchased.)
    6pm: Evening party begins with Hog Roast style dinner, cash bar
    6:30-7pm: Announcements: Heather Herron, WANE-TV….Winners from Autocross, Charity totals, introduction of band, etc…
    7:30 Music: Abby Walters and
    7:30pm-11pm: Party

Sunday October 10th:
    Golf Event: 10am Sycamore Hills Country Club.*
    *Must register in advance, Tee Times TBD
    Coffee & Cars 9am Debrand Fine Chocolate (10105 Auburn Park Drive, Fort Wayne) (MAP) - (260) 969-8323)