OEM Sport Exhaust | Page 4 | FerrariChat

OEM Sport Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Doug2D, May 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Okay so after driving it a few times I realized that the sound was too quiet for me. It sounds good at WOT but doesn't get my blood flowing like my 360 did with unvalved Tubi and Fabspeed headers. So I decided to pull the vacuum lines and leave the valves open. Wow, what a difference!!! Now it sounds like a Ferrari. I will work on some videos of the difference.

Since there is some noticeable drone (not terrible but could be annoying on a long drive), I think I will be opting for a Forza valve controller down the road.

Unhooking the valves was easy with this system. Unhook the vacuum lines where they spliced the extensions into the stock lines, plug the lines from the car and cap the lines going to the valves on the exhaust. I used quarter inch sprinkler line caps from Home Depot. The picture was taken before I used a zip tie to hold the carpet place. Then I use grease fitting caps on the lines going to the valves and tied the lines up out of the way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    any sound clips? :)

3. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Sorry, it has been raining here for weeks so no good vids but I have some crappy iPhone vids I will post.

4. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Well, after only a few months, my exhaust started rattling at 3-4K RPMs. After a few hours of diagnostic, turns out there is a hairline fracture in the weld of one of the tips. The bolt for the clamp also snapped in half. I'm calling FTB on Monday to sort it out. Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Shoot, that isn't good news!

6. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Did anybody manage to save the Instructions for the install? The pdf isn’t linked after the update to the forum

7. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Email me and I will get you a copy. PMing you my email.

8. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017

Hey,

Just want to thank you again!

I’m really stoked to throw this on my car

9. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Doug.....any resolution?

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    My F430 developed the exact same rattle this weekend. It was driving me crazy and started when the car came to temperature at idle. I think your post will help me pinpoint where the rattle is coming from. I am not running the sport exhaust, just Fabspeed header and xpipe with OEM tips. Hope a simple bracket is the fix.

11. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Yes. Ferrari swapped out the part for me. Although they sent the wrong muffler initially. It no longer rattles.

12. SYDNEYRICHMAN

SYDNEYRICHMAN Rookie

Jul 8, 2017
    I’m so glad everyone likes their exhaust! I do have a copy of the instructions I received from Tumi if anyone needs them please send me a message. (Thanks for the kind words btw)
    Sydney

13. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Looks like a good deal

14. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Following up on this. The replacement exhaust FoT sent me has no problems since. Still love this exhaust ++

15. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Hey Guys!!
    Great information on the Ferrari (Tubi) OEM Sport Exhaust. Is everyone still pleased with their purchase. Can a few of you post some sound clips or videos. Are you running with valves or did you decide it was best to disconnect the valves. Correct me if I am wrong...If valves are disconnected then the exhaust bypasses the muffler where only one outlet on each side is used to flow exhaust out the single tip. When valve is closed, exhaust is flowing thru muffler and both tips on each side...CORRECT?? If purchase a non valved unit, then exhaust must flow thru muffler all the time...Correct??

Does anyone have this system without the valve design?? Would you recommend this option if you could do it over again?
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    G

16. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Still very happy with mine. I have had it two or three years. Mine is valved. Plenty loud for me with valves closed and great with them open. As I said before, this should have been the stock unit.

17. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Hey Tom,
    Thanks for your reply!!! Do you possibly have a sound clip or video to share?? :)
    Have a great weekend!!
    G

18. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Car in for service and to be fitted with Challenge Wheels and tires. Expect to get it back Tuesday. I can make one then.

19. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Hey Tom!
    That would be awesome! Look forward to seeing it...
    Good luck with your service.
    Thanks!

20. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Tried to upload file. Was not allowed (not recognized extension). If you pm me a number or email I can send to you.

21. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Thanks to (((Howl))) who took the time and effort to send me his sound clip.

I decided to pull the trigger on this Ferrari Sport Exhaust by Tubi. I called Ferrari of Tampa, spoke to Matt and he hooked me up!
    I do have Fabspeed headers and stock cats. Sounds much better than the stock exhaust to me. The sound is similar to my previous 360 with Tubi and sport cats. Car seems to not generate or keep as much heat in my garage as the previous stock exhaust.

Question: Do you run exhaust with valves connected or disconnected.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!
    Drive safe, enjoy the ride!
    G

22. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares