# of kids for halloween | Page 2 | FerrariChat

# of kids for halloween

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robert biscan, Nov 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I had a couple dozen.

But yeah its sad what this holiday has become. When i was a kid (late 70s) it seemed as if there were hundreds of kids everywhere

2. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Mom bought around 10 bags of candy, but only went through around 5. Usually we get over 100 kids, but this year, only 30-40 max.

3. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    down to 80-100 this year from 120+ last year, and more years before. Even had some young kids come by at 930pm but told 'em it was over, lol, as if the lights out and dark pumpkins wasn't a clue.

down all over I think - but the N.Georgia party looks great!

4. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Rung? Did you answer????? :)

15-18 this year. It's a dying tradition, unfortunately.

5. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Agreed. :(

Had a handful of kids this year. Way down from even 3 years ago.

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    We only had 2 groups, total 7 kids. It has been going down every year since we built the house in 1995...I had just assumed that our neighborhood is ageing now, with mostly retired people instead of little-kid families.

But I guess there are a lot of people here noticing a downward trend. I think this holiday is taking a beating from both the PC crowd (dangerous, it teaches the kids to be beggars) and maybe also a lot of the churches (work of the devil, etc.)

Too bad - it was in many ways as big a deal as Christmas when we were kids.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    We only got about 3 at our place. We went to a "trunk or treat" at a parking lot though with about 100 families, so we got the kids candy there and gave out a large bucketful.

It is weird though. Growing up in the 80's, I would get 2 pillowcases full of candy and would be out for a good 2-3 hours of trick-or-treating. Kids swarmed the streets. Now it's totally different.

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Whats up with this? Halloween lost its spark? I didnt see anything about this in the news but it seems like it has.

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    We had two groups. Not very impressive for a town (Haddonfield) filled with young families.

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    +1

I remember planning our route, and I remember everyone wanting to be first to the guy who just left out a big tub of candy, so we could take it all for ourselves :)

We used to out with pillowcases and totally fill them up. Went out as soon as it was dark, used to run from house to house, and would stop at home a couple times to unload the goodies. It was the talk of school the next day - how much you got and where you went.

Nowadays kids just dont seem to care.

11. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    wow kids go out for candy when its sunny, here it all goes down when the sun is down.

12. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    In our old house we would get 3 max. In the new house, in a densely packed little neighborhood, we went thru 12 bags of candy!

13. Bowers

Bowers Karting

Sep 27, 2007
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Bowers
    We only got a hand full, 10 give or take, every year there’s less and less, but the woman makes me put up the same amount of crap… eerrrrr I mean decorations, every year.

14. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    +100.....welcome to the New American Mindset: your neighbor could potentially be a child molester or anti-social kook that likes to touch/hurt kids.

15. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Zero. One of the many perks of living in a condo in the city.