Offered a Valhalla Allocation-Need Advice ASAP...Please! | FerrariChat

Offered a Valhalla Allocation-Need Advice ASAP...Please!

Discussion in 'British' started by ROMO, Sep 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I'm a Ferrari guy and recently bought a AM DB11 with an AMR Software Update to increase the HP and Exhaust notes and I'm enjoying the car immensely while not turning too many heads as compared to my Ferrari's, which I find relieving.

Many people in the DC area know me as a Ferrari guy having 7 Ferrari's and 1 Maserati MC12 but the local Aston Martin Dealership wants my business in a big way given my exposure to other CEO's and local professional athletes who I come into contact with on a daily basis.

As such, I've been offered a "hold back" allocation for a Valhalla and have been invited to a private showing in NYC on September 9th. Since I'm not an Aston Martin guy per se, I don't know if this car is a value proposition at MSRP as an investment car OR if it's a car I would buy and drive on occasions.

My fear is that if I don't like the Valhalla after purchasing and driving it for a little while, is this a car that will depreciate or will there be a strong market for a resale on the car. Based on my on-line research it might appear that the Valkyrie may be the more desirable car BUT I'm not going to take a chance on a $3.5M car.

Any advice from an FCHAT Aston Martin expert (s)would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
    ROMO

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I was offered an allocation several months ago before it was called the Valhalla...but I wasn’t sure either. I’ve owned a few Aston’s and love the marque, but most of us know the production cars depreciate like rocks.
    But, the Valhalla is in mid-hypercar territory...(I say mid because the Valkyrie is their epitome hypercar). I heard 500 will be made so it is limited. But this seems unchartered territory except for the One-77, which was even more limited.
    It’s just too unpredictable with Aston’s wavering financials as well as several companies flooding the market with “hypercars.” Look at how the Centenario faired with even less units....not well.
    But Lord almighty the Valhalla looks magnificent!

Sent from my 16M

ROMO likes this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What kind of pricing are they talking about?

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Press reports put it at 1.1-1.3 mil

ROMO and ryalex like this.
  5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Wow. Then it really is One 77 territory.

I'm actually a little confused between the Valhalla and the Vanquish Vision. Seem very similar, and i thought the VV was going to be the regular production flagship for 2021?

ROMO likes this.
  6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I would be very reluctant too, there seems to be a flood of "hypercars" coming from every direction, all priced in a bracket that is "unobtanium" to 99.9% of people and something has to give, just a matter of time.
    It is just unsustainable to support that supply with limited pool of buyers who eventually get tired of this too.

ROMO likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    stick to what you know unless theyre taking the downside somehow!

ROMO and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    So the Valhalla is the mid-hypercar supposedly producing 500, I believe my friend who has a deposit, said 1.5 euros (he’s hedging on the currency rate).
    I was in a think-tank meeting discussing the Vanquish Vision concept car you speak of and again, it looked absolutely gorgeous with a very similar design element as the Valhalla, especially the front. They did not discuss engine specs, but it was clear that the Vanquish concept was to compete against likes of the 488, Huracan, 720S, etc...so somewhere in the $300-400k when released.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

ROMO likes this.
  9. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The Valhalla is a V6, right? That right there would make me a bit hesitant. The Valkyrie would be a safer bet with a 10,000 rpm V12.

ROMO likes this.
  10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I agree if buying new. Just too many new Aston hypercars.

My choice be a less than 100 produced modern Aston supercar, like one-77 or V12 Zagato.

ROMO likes this.
  11. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I truly appreciate the words of wisdom from ALL of you and as such, I will pass on the Valhalla in favor of the final and limited edition 812 Superfast.

It will be the last naturally aspirated 12 cylinder car made by Ferrari and I'm just more comfortable with that car.

Again thank you all VERY much!

JoeTSI, Robb and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You already know the answer. The fact you are asking to be convinced means it's not the right car for you. When it's the right car you won't have to second guess and will be more than happy to give them your money. This is not one of those situations.

edit: just saw the post above mine. Good call. :)

cnpapa24, ROMO and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I had been in to Aston of Naples this spring inquiring about the Vanquish Vision. The sales rep had contact the Aston rep for the US. He said no word yet on the vanquish, but offered me a Valhalla even though I have no history at all with AM. The Valhalla looks like an amazing car, but there are a bunch amazing hypercars out there. Not sure it is worth a million.

14. ntlr

ntlr Karting

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    I was almost convinced I would take my allocation, but changed my mind on it. I love the looks, the idea, but I also realized I wouldn't drive it nearly as much as I wanted, and probably going in a different direction instead.

15. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It is a beautiful car but in power and tech terms the SF90S is already in the same ballpark at half the price. I highly doubt Aston will sell more than 2-300 Valhallas.

ROMO likes this.
  16. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    At Pebble Beach 2021, I was told it starts at $815K by one of the exec's. Maybe they are evaluating their markets viability.....

17. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    My experience with one off Aston’s, it’s a VERY niche buyer. That’s fine if keeping for a lifetime as they are gorgeous. But if looking for an exit strategy, it could be a very difficult resale with unforeseen depreciation.

18. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    same boat. take it.

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    A lot has changed… just went to Aston Newport yesterday and chatted with them about the Valhalla. Looks like now they are pushing up production to 999 . Price point is around $850k. Deposit dropped from $300k to $200k. Should have over 1000hp. Release in 2023.
    Concerns: higher production. By the time it’s 2023, competitors will be at 1500-2000HP. Depreciation.
    I’m still considering it, it’s one of the most beautiful designs IMO. But just don’t know if it will hold value for this chunk of change.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROMO likes this.
  20. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sounds like a car that would slot in with the new Ford GT and float accordingly price-wise. Shares the characteristic of an obviously potent but somewhat underwhelming engine in terms of pride-of-ownership. $1M price-point. Limited but not too limited. Wild design. Benchmarked against previous LEs within their respective marks nothing truly comparable in their lineage. Both cars share a mysterious identity with regard to where they sit in the market. Both come from manufacturers with legendary racing history.

Tough to think about each in a vacuum (might just be me) but could play off each other when they're both sitting on the showroom floor at some boutique dealership. Can't think of anything else to benchmark against.