Office Space, is it worth it? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Office Space, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WJHMH, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I think I've told this story before on the board, but it's appropriate for this thread so I'll tell it again darnit :)

Anyway, at my last job I was PM on a services contract with the Army... we lived in cubicle world where everyone had 8 bosses named Bob. One of our contract deliverables was monthly status reports, so I had my employees do them weekly just to keep on top of things, then I submitted them to the Army at the end of the month. I had to come up with a name for the reports, so I called it the Task/Project Status Report (military/gov't people like to call things tasks or taskers..). So yes, I had my employees fill out TPS Reports every week :) And yes I did get after them for not using the right template, because I had to consolidate them at the end of the month. It's important that you use the right one.. ;)

Only one or two caught on...

-R

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    After posting my previous comment, I found that we HAVE "Office Space" in DVD! My wife said that I bought this DVD saying they filmed this in Dallas and my girl, Jennifer is in it. (Yes, I did buy GOOD GIRL, too) Somehow I thoght this movie you all are discussing was the new movie!!!

I saw it last night again, and brought all my memory back. I somehow thought this movie was titled "POST-IT". (you see why when you see the cover)

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ty,

I am almost 100% positive that this movie was filmed in the DFW area.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Robin; that is truly funny! :D

--Dan

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    That manager exists in real life. His name is Mark Weigand. Last I heard, four years ago, he was in northern California. The guy is an imbecile.

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    You're right, it's stupid to waste time on renting this movie...

You've gotta buy it :) It's an absolute riot, and the most on-point commentaries I have ever been exposed to.

Best!
    Ben.

7. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    wow, is this a first in movie history?

a truly unanimous opinion? not just here either, i've never heard a bad werd about the movie from ANYONE, and everyone seems to have it in their top-ten.

anyhoo, point is, a friend of mine hadn't seen it, so i loaned her my copy tonight, worried that she might be the first...

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    She'll like it so much you'll never see your DVD ever again. You might as well just go buy yourself another copy. :D

9. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I personally own ONLY 5 DVDs (b/c I usually rent), however, Office Space is one of those that I own.

10. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great movie. You're missing out

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    STOP DIGGING UP MY OLD POSTS!!

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

Not me....

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well, as a geek, I own it. Love the movie, lived the movie many times over.

My brother watched it for the first time about a year ago. He didn't really say one thing, nor even utter a smile. He lived it as well and found it to be too realistic to laugh at.

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    a-huh, my shovel's really dirty, this must be the... first.

i just happened to lend the movie out and thought i'd search on opinions of the movie here. found the thread interesting and relevant so added my two bits, wasn't really worth starting a new discussion over.