Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by vaccarella, Jan 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s888

s888 Rookie

Sep 8, 2014
    London
    Thanks greyboxer, will do.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There are a few more factors at play:

- supply and demand: there's been a relative torrent of 308's on the auction room floor recently. Relative being the operative word.
    - season: I'd argue November isn't the time when people are rushing to buy a GTS
    - on the day: within an auction room you have to have the right punters looking that very day
    - finally, the car itself: I have no idea what this car is like, maybe it's perfect. But the auction room inspection might, for some reason, have put people off

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  5. s888

s888 Rookie

Sep 8, 2014
    London
    Hi vaccarella, very good points. I must say I received numerous compliments and the car was very well presented to auction. Runs like an absolute beauty aswell with no hiccups. But like you said at an auction sometimes it all depends on the day and the punters, but that is what is exciting, positive or negative. At the previous Silverstone auctions they had a handful of 308's, some of which were not in the best of shape, some that required work before being roadworthy but they all sold for strong prices. There is always an element of luck at auctions, but that's where the buzz is!! :) ps. Mine is a gtb, perfect for winter time :)

6. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  8. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Not only Alberto and me know the special about the 208 turbo GTB/GTS and GTB/GTS turbo intercooler (the italian versions of the 308 GTB/GTS and 328 GTB/GTS).
    Though the realy good 3x8 are getting rare, the 208 prices increasing.

This Thread is ment to list the offers for all the 2-litre-models (carbs, turbos and intercoolers) around the world, starting with this one in eastern-germany:

Ferrari 208 GTB Turbo ***Ferrari Dresden*** Gebrauchtwagen, Benzin, ? 59.890,- in Radebeul / Dresden

Discussing about the offered cars and their particular pricing is very welcome !

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Funny: same color combo as this famous QV, sold new in 1984 in East Germany (YES!)
    18.000 kms on the odo.

308 GTB QV | VDV-Grant

That car has been advertised for sale at 85.000 euros for six months in France, no takers.
    She is now for sale in Belgium, and for a higher price...

Rgds

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    the two very rare "Turbo" models are the next "must have" Ferrari models. One model is fantastic looking and the first Ferrari turbo ever (208 turbo) and the "328 turbo" is even fantastic to drive and very fast.

Still affordable, "the 328 turbo" is also the two third of 288 GTO model, but it doesn't cost two third of the 288 GTO price. Yet. ;)

ciao

11. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Albert, you hereby get the job as chief advertising copywriter down at Giovanni's showroom. Your next task is to talk up the Fiat Stilo; there's a few sitting unsold ;)

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hope it's a well paid job... I have three turbo but two 328 and a 308 too and I never wrote "buy a 328", please check it. It's just what I think, I really like those Ferrari turbo car. I do not know if what I say will really happen, but trust me that is exactly my thinking.
    I do not understand what is the relationship between a Ferrari and a Fiat Stilo nor who that Giovanni is.

Ciao

13. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was just joking, Albert. Your sentences were perfect advertising copy.

14. ARMBARBI48

ARMBARBI48 Karting

Jan 29, 2013
    Modena Italy
    Full Name:
    Armido Barbieri
    #114 ARMBARBI48, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    #115 wildegroot, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting thread. Getting ready to consign my 1978 308GTB to R&S for the January Scottsdale auction. Given that it is not stock ( supercharged, modified - Electromotive, bigger wheels/brakes, intercooled, Euro drysump), R&S seems to be the way to go. This will be my first experience selling at auction, wouldn't mind comments/advice from anyone who cares to share their experience. Look for my ad in Ferrariads section soon - if it doesn't sell before January, hopefully I can add my auction result to this thread in 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I like Autoscout and am watching a few of those cars in that list already!

17. Luis1977

Luis1977 Rookie

Sep 19, 2014
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Thanks to the advice of this forum and the advice of Albert-LP i just bought a GTS Turbo Intercooler.
    Cnt wait to get my hands on it.
    I will soon look to get a GTB Turbo Intercooler which is a much rarer car (308 produced compared to 828 for the GTS)

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    it looks turbo models are getting the interest they deserve. Among them, the best looking is the 208 GTS turbo and the best of all (my opinion) is the "328" GTB turbo and by far: very rare, great to drive, very fast and very reliable.

I think forum is a place where you can compare opinons and share infos, but my posts about turbo cars are often taken ad commercial ads. I prefer to consider them as a tip and info i can give to those that don't know the model.

I remember when the 208 GTB turbo was introduced in 1982: it was the first turbocharged Ferrari ever, and was introduced during the first Formula 1 turbo era. That model gave dignity to a model (the 208) that was much underpowered. I remember that i was fascinated by that small engine with a turbo that was almost as fast as the 3 liter QV and faster than the former 308 "i" model. That was the model i wanted at the time, small and fast. In advance i had dreamed a lot for the 308 GTS and the 308 GTS QV was another later dream, but the small turbo was in pole potition as my Ferrari desire. When, 32 years later, i finally got one, i have to say that there are better Ferrari engines than the one installed on the very first 208 turbo, but the seduction he has is always the same. And the following "328" turbo is a mastercpiece, less attractive than the firts 208 turbo as outside shape, but ten times better as power output and drivability. Of course it's a turbo 2 liter, at low rpm there is no engine, but when you push it's amazing. I would like to read as soon as possible the driving impression of Luis1977, as i know very well he purchased that model (maybe) because i wrote of it here on Fchat: i would like to know if we share the same impressions about the car and if he is happy of the choice he did.

ciao

19. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Albert did the 328 Turbo have QV heads?

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No, it has the two valves engine, but with upgrades to heads ans valves (at least).

Ciao

21. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I think your car is fantastic. I hope you find someone who's ready to buy one like yours and thinks the same. I suspect there will be a few who might. Still, I think you'd get more by putting the original induction on the car, wheels, etc. The dry sump GTBs are second only to the VRs in value. Yours will be an interesting benchmark for a restomod dry sump. Can't wait to see what happens! Best of luck!

Ciao!

Hannibal

22. Mongo

Mongo Karting

Sep 8, 2005
    SF Bay, CA
    I just popped on to take a look at 308s after a long while and see examples now going for at least $45-$55k. What happened? Seemed like this was an overnight jump.

23. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Having been in the market and looked cross-country for nearly two years before finally purchasing this March, I can tell your prices for GOOD examples are up $10-$15k since Summer 2013, when I found that there were far more nice carbed cars to pick from. If you really want to be blown away, do a search on this forum for discussions about prices in Europe in the past 6 months.

24. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
  25. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I paid a good amount for my 1977 cared 308GTB with 20k miles
    308's are heading north closely followed by the 355's

Pinninfarina word