Official 599GTB Manual Transmission Thread. Last of the breed? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Official 599GTB Manual Transmission Thread. Last of the breed?

Discussion in '612/599' started by open roads, Sep 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
  2. carcraaazy

carcraaazy Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    What happened to the two guys that didn't believe me? As far as other records I've seen, this is the last manual transmission Ferrari made. Case closed? Or is there another one with a later vin#?

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I think there were a lot more 3 pedals than generally thought, but still very rare. Yours is by far the latest I have seen. When you consider there were only 246 three pedal 575Ms built and probably a similar number of 612s, no reason to think there are not 100-200+ 599s out there, except for dealer false advertising.

4. carcraaazy

carcraaazy Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    I have records of only 30 or so...

5. Throttlesteerer

Oct 20, 2013
    Germany
    I think I got some insights on the numbers that are not yet known in this forum.

That total number of 30 599 manuals was advertised from RM Sotheby. They received the number from Ferrari. That is also exactly the number that my Ferrari dealer got from the factory. However it is true that there are some more cars than that (as always).

My source that holds VINs of 285 288GTOs, 480 Enzos, 469 LaFerraris and 120 599 SAs, actually holds 45 VINs of 599 manuals. (including colors and some specs on most cars)

As those other models VINs seem pretty complete, I think it is fair to say that there were less than 50 cars made of the 599 manual. Probably those 45 are the real number.

The car that is for sale at Ferrari-Frankfurt is VIN 167984 which makes it the last european 599 manual, or european manual Ferrari V12 respectivly. That 182599 car should be the last one worldwide then...

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congrats, carcraaazy. You own an awesome car and an important piece of history. 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I would not believe the 45 number any more than I believed the 30 number.

8. Throttlesteerer

Oct 20, 2013
    Germany
    Well, you seem to know it all then.
    Probably way more than 120 599 SAs and way more than 480 Enzos then too...

I think the numbers from this cedible source I posted are good enough to narrow down the speculation to a single digit level. If.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I know enough not to trust an unpublished source and I know all about the 120 SA Apertas and that there are more than the "official" number of Enzos. Any serial number collector worth his salt, except maybe Marcel Massini with his factory sources, will tell you his list is incomplete.

10. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To my knowledge there are around 540 Enzos.

12. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Ferrari is the Cinton Family of the auto world when it comes to outright lies. How long are the customers going to let them get away with all these shady business practices?