Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Cozmic_Kid, Sep 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Cheating, scandal ? sabotage ? crashing intentionally ? You say you've been a fan from the early 80's,

Let's just say that you don't recall much, and leave it at that.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #52 kraftwerk, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    All you need is Max Mosley to change his mind and stay head of the FIA and the job is done...:eek:

Mind you with Todt there you have.

3. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I think he's supporting Kimi.

4. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    If that is where Kimi goes, yes. I will cheer for Ferrari and Massa, but against Alonso.

5. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    In a few years when he's won a few championships with Ferrari most people here who dislike him will probably speak different about him:)

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not me.

And those championships won't happen if he turns on the team like he did at McLaren.

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Schu never conspired to take down his team, so you can't equate the two. Schu was 'win at all costs' on the track, but he really was at the center of the "family" environment at the Scuderia during his run. My fear is that a) Alonso will eventually run Massa off and b) team chemistry will be crap because he'll run right over Dumbmenicali. While Alonso is undoubtedly one of the top-2 drivers (sorry, I cannot discount the fact that Hamilton beat him in the same car, nor the fact that Hamilton is outperforming him now when the McLaren was a bottom-3 car earlier this season), his insolence and selfishness must be tempered by a strong team principle (i.e. Brawn, Todt, Briatore), otherwise he ruins the team.

If somebody were to create a 1-car "Scuderia Alonso", then I think he'd be fantastic.

8. Geir

Geir Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    #58 Geir, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    +1

9. carb308vt

carb308vt Karting

Apr 12, 2005
    NYC/Vermont
    Full Name:
    Craig M
    Love him or hate him, he's a 'passionate' driver with mad skills. He doesn't like to lose or lose the spotlight. A total narcissist not unlike Senna. You won't catch him on the sidelines eating an ice cream cone in his shorts...

10. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That's a pretty pathetic attitude to have.

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    All you Alonso supporters, Just kick back and watch. Once Alonso starts winning races, Lets go back and see who jumps ship. It's gonna happen. Trust me. Everyone here will be Alonso fans. If Not, there not Ferrari fans.

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I hope he brings his 6/10's with him.

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think some are saying they won't support him, while others (like me) have reservations on how he will impact the team. First off, I'm not certain that the current leadership can lead the team to victory and you only compound that with a primadonna personality. Alonso won't settle for driving a cr@ppy car and then things will get interesting. I hope it all works out, but I believe in some cases past is precedent and I fear this is one of them.

Again, I hope for the best but am concerned about whether or not Ferrari have all of the "pieces" to enjoy another Schumacher-type era. It may be more like Prost's tour of duty.

14. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I like to see it as perfect pairing. Great driver+great car+great crew=wins. Those are the basics. Then we have the underlying issue of whether or not the teammates can mesh. We soon shall see. I've been a fan of many sports over the years and everyone once in a while there's an "oh-crap" moment in contracts. A majority of the time it turns into a great thing! I'll support anyone in red!

15. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thats a ridiculous statement. Really, so you cant support the team without supporting the driver. I will not now or ever be an Alonso fan and will always remain a Ferrari fan.

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

I agree with BJM. If you despise Alonso before he joins Ferrari and love him afterwards... does that really make you a fan of Ferrari, or does it just mean you like cheering for whomever's car is painted red? The team is made up of more than just a paint job and more than just the driver of the day.

Forza Ferrari, but hiring Fernando Alonso was a mistake. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

17. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    why do you dislike massa so much????????

18. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Good points in your entire posts but I'll still use Shell V-Power and Shell diesel only because I am an Audi fan!!!

Carol

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    that would be quite funny if he says I think I'll stay afterall ! !

Carol

20. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not much doubt left about FA being a disruptive influence is there?
    Then again a shake up might be just what the Scuderia needs.
    In any case its a bit early to start hanging crepe or to pour the bubbly.

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Again I'm with you on this.

MS got everyone pulling in the right direction all singing the same tune, at Ferrari he had a great team around him all the pieces fitting into place and he was very dedicated to the cause of winning ruthlessly.

We can only wait and see if FA has a similar impact, he has the pace he has the skill as a car developer, his down fall maybe his peoples skill's making it all happen.

But on the whole if every one at Ferrari embraces him he could make it happen.

22. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    The winning will stop when the whining begins... :D

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Funny Carol ....you jest...surely! but it wouldn't surprise me...:eek:

24. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm not enthused. It will be interesting and disheartening to see in what manner Alonso manages to wreck this Ferrari team. Massa deserves much better than him.

25. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually, I'm overjoyed. Considering the economic climate the timing couldn't be better. I'll save quite a bit of money over the next 3 years by not having to buy any Ferrari merchandise... ;)