Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Cozmic_Kid, Sep 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    When...now or in 2005-06?

2. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Last time I recall him saying it was Monaco '07

3. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    I agree with you Steve about LH. Just look at how FA completely came unraveled. :D I just have only heard him state Kimi as his biggest competitor.

+100

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Steve. Please stop saying things that I agree with.

:)

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #130 kraftwerk, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Ok Max Mosley is honest and rules..:;)

Good god that hurt....

6. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    You're still half right.

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks

9. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Being a whiny ***** is not what make FA so dangerous to a team...

What does Button have to do with this conversation??? He's the only #1 who's been legitimately beaten by a #2.

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Button? You so quickly forgot about Kimi getting mopped up by Massa last year..

11. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    I was simply illustrating that, just because I don't agree with a decision the team makes, doesn't make me any less of a fan.

12. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David

14. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    You're kidding right???

Let me guess...you think FA legitimately won Singapore last year simply because he crossed the finish line first....or better yet, I bet you think Massa was the legitimate winner of Spa last year too. If you answered yes to these then I can certainly understand why you would think Kimi legitimately got "mopped" by Massa. :D

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    What do any of those things have to do with the fact that Kimi lost to Felipe 6 wins to 2, 6 poles to 2 and 97 points to 75 in 08? What is your reasoning? Aliens taking over Kimi's body perhaps? I called Kimi losing his ride last year, now it's come true.

16. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Let's say a no-name golfer played Tiger Woods in golf and the no-name guy had Nike come and make clubs specifically designed for him and had their experts give him specific info on how to use the clubs to their maximum on each shot. Tiger was given a set of generic womens left handed clubs that were missing a few clubs. Now, if the no-name guy beat Tiger at golf I would imagine you would be saying that Tiger was legitimately mopped by some no-name golfer. You would be correct because both golfers were golfing on the same golf course and both used golf clubs...right??? ;)

When you go to the bookstore do you think that the books with the most interesting covers thus must naturally be the most interesting books??? ;)

Luis, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the Kimi/Massa issue. :)

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    OK--back to the topic. Has anyone found any information on the numbers, vis-a-vis Kimi and Alonso? For Kimi to accept his release from Ferrari, I assume his money was guaranteed for 2010 whether from Ferrari, his new team or a combination of the two. I cannot imagine Ferrari would agree to just pay Kimi that amount of money to sit on the sidelines, nor would he accept less than his contract entitled. So I wonder if they already worked out the terms with McLaren, and if Ferrari are on the hook for any of Kimi's 2010 pay. McLaren would see that as a weak point when negotiating on the part of Ferrari.

Now, as far as Alonso is concerned. Do we know his salary yet?

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Excellent analogy:).

19. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian

Huh??? Massa beat Kimi last season. In the same car. Period. That's the fact, everything else in any direction is just speculation.

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Clint, don't get me wrong, I actually am a fan of Kimi's. However I was highly disappointed in his performance last year and this year as well. I know what you are trying to say with your analogy but the truth is I don't really buy it. Why would Ferrari intentionally sabotage their driver that just won the WDC? If they really did update the Ferrari and Kimi hated it, then it would stand to reason that it was Kimi's job, along with his race engineer, to find out why and correct the problem, It should not take an entire season to do that, especially before the in-season testing ban. It really does seem that Kimi has lost something somewhere. I hope he get it back.

21. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    #146 R2112, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    IMO, it's not "intentionally sabotaging" Kimi...even though many have said that...it's more about "support" and "development" in one direction and let the other fend for themselves due to other reasons than racing performance...reasons that have nothing to do with racing. They do things differently at Ferrari...veeeeery differently. ;)

Just like in my analogy that it should have been Tiger's job to figure out how to play golf at a top PGA level with clubs designed for a left handed golfer and nowhere near correctly designed for him. If Tiger was as good of golfer as everyone says he is, then he should be able to immediately adapt...right???

IMO, kimi hasn't lost anything and if he goes to Mac we'll realize that very quickly. As I stated before...I think you and I just simply disagree on this. No big deal. :)

22. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Exactly...just like the no-name golfer beat Tiger in my analogy.

...and Massa won Spa '08

...and MS won Indy '05

...and FA won Singapore '08

...and...;)

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

That exactly is my point. It was Kimi's job to figure it out and he didn't. He used to be able to with McLaren. I think maybe that's what he lost, the ability to adapt. I don't know if it was McLaren having a different development programme than Ferrari?

24. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    How do you know he didn't? Just like making Tiger play left handed and use clubs too small for him...I bet Tiger's performance would suddenly diminish too. Trust me, it wouldn't be due to his lack of trying or skill...it's due to it being an almost impossible task. IMO, I think Kimi showed how much talent he has by coming in 3rd in the WDC in a car that was barely drivable for him and couldn't get heat into the tires...not too mention the lack of support.

Yes, and he still can as long as the team can meet him even close to half way. ;)

They do...it's called keeping both drivers in mind. ;)

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Lol, ok let me hear your whole theory then. Why would they start backing Massa more instead of Kimi, I'm curious now...:D