Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Cozmic_Kid, Sep 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    I've given you some quotes below that sum it up. Basically, Ferrari have appeared over the last few years to think more with their heart than their head. ;)

2. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Well, not exactly a bunch of team insiders but I suppose it's possible...;)

Anything is possible in F1 these days. Still seems a bit on the far fetched side to me.

3. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Well, my info is not limited to just "fchat insiders"... :D However, those quotes pretty much covered the bases. ;)

Like I said before...we'll just simply agree to disagree. No biggee :)

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Works for me, good luck to Kimi today!

5. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    So which part ruled their thinking in contracting the FA? My personal response to that would be too rude to publish!!!!

6. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    #156 R2112, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    I think you know exactly which part it was...unfortunately the same part that's been ruling their thinking the last few years ;)

It's ok, go ahead and post...that's what astrics are for :D Trust me, there are many who will agree with you. ;)

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Folks, there's no point arguing about the Massa-Kimi issue. The only way to settle this whole thing is, depending on Massa's condition next year, and if he's able to match or beat Alonso in the same car.

Yea, I was rooting for Kimi when he came to Ferrari. He's definitely the quickest out of the box, but his whole performance was just disappointing. A lot of people has been speculating how he's gonna trash Massa, but that didn't happen. Kimi won the 2007 title very un-convincingly, IMHO. he got lucky with the fact that the Mclaren boys were fighting and holding up each other and he benefited from that.

Then when 2008 came, he fired a warning shot and said that without the aid of TC, he's just gonna drive better and faster. Well, he kept to his word the first 4 races, at least. But he just faded off after that. Folks that support Kimi will argue that he couldn't adapt to the car, and the team was favouring Massa, bla bla.

Thing is, as a WDC, Kimi should have worked around his problem. This was when testing was allowed. He qualifies badly, sleeps at 75% of the race, and suddenly wake up the last 10 laps or so, and sets some massive impressive times. Where did that come from? I refuse to believe that he could not adapt to the car. After all, this year's car is much more difficult to handle, but he's doing a good job, isn't he? This is after, who knows maybe he got some sorta warning from Ferrari.

Frankly, i really had high hopes on Kimi trashing Alonso back in 2007. I really hoped he could just shoot everyone down. Someone with his calibre, should have been a triple WDC at least. Seriously, i think it was just wasted, this whole Kimi-Ferrari partnership.

8. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Is that why Kimi has had problems, we gave him a right handed car and he's left handed...LOL

9. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Completely disagree Brian...but you knew that already. :)

10. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    That's only part of the issue...however, it looks like you missed the point. :D

Lucky for the other driver though he happened to be right handed. ;)

11. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    In that this is an Alonso thread would it be a hijack to mention that he only beat Fisi by a scant 1.5 sec.s in Japan?

12. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    #162 RWatters, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    You forgot to mention that Alonso gained 6 positions to Fisi's whopping 2. Plus I think the F60 is a better overall car than the R29 (IMO of course).

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    My comment was intended as mild humor and irony.
    Given what a dog the F60 seems to be the R29 must be a real ball of joy then.

14. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The F60 seems to be generating better results the second half of the season than the R29 is. If Massa was still behind the wheel I'm sure it would have had another win or two under it's belt as well.

I'm sure this will bring up another driver debate by me saying that. lol

15. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The differences between a good F1 car and an also-ran are so small as to be imperceptible to the average observer. That's why I rely on results as the only reliable metric.