Official Austin USGP photo/update thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Official Austin USGP photo/update thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Wolfgang5150, Nov 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thank you

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Hi Tim

Great Pics!
    Thank You.

Maybe you can help - I will be attending Austin in November and I am a little confused about which grandstand is the pick of the bunch. It is a little difficult to tell from the circuit map and perhaps you could offer some advice.

My first reaction was turn one. However, from your pics it seems that there are some other great viewing opportunities.

Can you, or anyone else assist please?

I would like to have it sorted before tickets go on sale.

JM

3. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hi JM. Thanks for the compliment!

I have to say I'm really big fan of the east side of the track. That is, pretty much everything from T1 to T11. The T9 GS and T5 are probably my favorites, followed by T1.

At T1, you can see the cars coming around T20, the pits, and down to the T3 pedestrian bridge, after that it's all prett far away. From there you can also see from about T17 to T19 in the distance.

I'm a huge fan of the esses and feel like if you don't walk down and see the cars going through them, then you've really missed the best of COTA. The T5 GS gives you a great view of the cars coming toward you in the esses from T2. You can also see from about T16-18 there.

From T9, you can see great action all the way from T6 to T12. Mist underrated spot on the track, imho.

That said, I usually stay on the ground in GA. Best value by far, and I get to roam and see different parts of the track.

Enjoy!

4. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Thanks Tim

I'll take all that on board when the tickets are available

JM