News

Official C8 Corvette picture thread

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jul 19, 2019.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Better off going aftermarket forged than those "snowflake" wheels.

2. energy88

energy88 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA & Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    They look good in the brochure, but in the wild and in real light and viewed from an angle, they look anemic.

3. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Funny, felt the same as y’all. Thought those trident wheels were okay on the configurator- real life pics, uh, no.

Got the base wheels- not terrible. Will look to get some aftermarket forged for track duty.

4. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Looks like The Mayor is correct. If you watch Chevy's animation of the convertible in their announcement of its reveal date, you can see the coupe change into the convertible in a profile drawing. The convertible does appear to have a lower roof line and a more stretched-out look. I like it!

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Convertible will be revealed on 10-2.

thecarreaper likes this.
  6. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I have to say that Tadge is (IMO) the perfect guy for this job. He very clearly understands the customer, he is engaging and not afraid to be funny (or ironic) in the answer to the chrome wheel question (!).

of2worlds likes this.
  7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That might be because on vette forum we gave him an earful during the time the mid-engine C8 was a dream but claimed to be reality. Vette fans have been disapointed before. He was told things like "don't make fake BMW engine noise through the car speakers!"

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    At least he got away from those pesky torque converters on the C8 versions. :D

9. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Huh? The C8 is a reality. And when did Tadge claim this "dream"? Hell, NO ONE at GM even acknowledged the C8 's existence until 8 months ago....
    And the engine note plumbed into the C8 cabin is NOT the synthesized BMW note, it's the actual engine...

10. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    I snagged an allocation for one a few months back and should be getting it by the end of the first quarter 2020. Next weekend at the corvette funfest in Effingham IL the GM 2020 corvette tour will be showing off the cars and other items. Its only a couple hours from me so I guess I should go see one in person since I ordered one! Here are some shots of the spec I have coming.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login