Official Daytona Pics | Page 117 | FerrariChat

Official Daytona Pics

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Iceman.1, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Yesterday I was invited to the 90th birthday of Fritz Neuser, a well known ex Ferrari dealer, the guy who sold me his personal new 812 SF.

The yellow car is Fritz Neuser's own car, based on a 365 ???, rebuild from (I believe Bacchelli) after a hard crash.

Also there is a green Daytona and a set of Daytona carbs (I believe).
    Wonderful place.

Daniel

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mcimino, readplays, Schultz and 3 others like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Love the green Daytona. That yellow abomination is hideous. Crush it.

Nembo1777 and GIOTTO like this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yikes that yellow thing is...challenging

The green Daytona is gorgeous

pcht5 likes this.
  5. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Mhhhh
    Here they work, can't edit.

The silver one is a Sbarro

Daniel

6. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  7. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Can I take the engine of the yellow thing ?

readplays and 375+ like this.
  8. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Anyone know the colour of the Daytona -- Verde Medio ??

9. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    375+ likes this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That hurts!

11. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That's going to be way expensive!

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Ouch! Stuff like that bothers me. So avoidable! ;(

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Anyone have any more photos and know what happened ? Did he loose it on the tram tracks?
    Is this a Spyder conversion? I Can't see if LHD or RHD

14. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
  15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I owned a Daytona years ago and I really didn’t like it, so I sold it. Drove one yesterday and I love it again. What gives? Why is market soft/lukewarm on these Ferraris?

16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I never understood why. I loved it. Loved driving them. Love how they look, sound.

And in this market, the fact that you can probably buy a mind one for $650k is amazing..

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Because buyers didn't think the new 365 GTB/4 car was an improvement on the 275 GTB. At the time (1966) buyers saw Lamborghini with the Miura and when Ferrari failed to introduce a new car in 1968 with the motor behind the driver there was much disappointment. FOR many that thinking has not changed. Beyond all that there are simply more 365 GTB/4 cars potentially available so they don't hold their value as well as the limited 275 GTB cars.

RamsHmb and Wheels1 like this.
  18. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    A Daytona is the equivalent of an F-150 (very handy), minus PS, but with that sound,
    only by starting that incredible motor, those looks inside and out, WOW! That yards long hood :)
    It is simply the most modern of Ferrari, of the era. Boxers are swell, but there is only a Daytona.
    None other in that sector.

You only have to drive one, very very well at 8.75/10ths, and very carefully, use its terrific power,
    and with serious tires, as potentially some Avons CR6ZZ.
    It is the most fun one can have. Give me one with those specs, call me and I will show you its animal side.

I am willing to wager, that you will be thrilled, adrenalized to the top. Period

No little winding roads through the redwoods though, that's what Dino is for.

Regards, Alberto

Spider2400 and -K1- like this.
  19. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Personally, I think the things that make the Daytona so interesting also limit its appeal to the overall market.

While most would acknowledge that it is visually compelling, it is still a "brute" of a car, and is not elegant in the same way that a Lusso or 275 is; I think the average person would look at a Lusso or 275 and guess that it was pretty old, and worth a lot of money, while that same person would look at Daytona, and be a little uncertain of it's vintage, and probably not guess that it is as expensive as it is (even at soft/lukewarm prices). Though buyers of such cars might think a little differently, that "average person" perspective is likely still there.

Also, the Daytona is not just the last of the real Enzo era cars, but also the first of the real Fiat era cars. This means that it had a substantive production run, without the refreshes that break things like the 275 series into smaller distinguished batches; there may have been a lot of 275s, but there were not that many of any given type, so the perception is that the 275s are a lot more rare.

And related to that last bit, the Daytona is simply a newer model; if you look at the value trend of the 12-pot cars that followed it, the trend is generally downward. Newer cars are just (and perhaps justifiably) viewed as being lower value in the collector market.

I find it interesting to consider the above when looking at Dino values. I think most would agree that the "curvy" nature of the Dinos make them more classically elegant, and I would even dare to say the many folks would say it looking like an older design than the Daytona. Add in the fact that the Dino has a reputation for being fun/easy to drive (compared to the Daytona's reputation of being good only at high speeds (which I don't agree with, BTW), and I think Dinos are appealing to a lot more people than Daytonas are.

Net-net result? Dinos are getting closer to Daytona values (though obviously not in towering speed).

Or to put it another way: "Daytonas are just not for everyone".... :)

-K1-, Daytonafan, Lusso123 and 4 others like this.
  20. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Alex, Absolutely agree :)

21. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
    Agree 100%, having driven several Dinos and Daytonas there is just no comparison, to me the Dino is a beautiful car probably one of the most beautiful designs ever but a Daytona is the full Ferrari experience, I have one and have driven it at high speed both on open roads as well as on winding country roads and what a car, its intoxicating, the power, brakes, handling and driving position just feel perfect to me

A 4 Cam 6 Carb V12 Ferrari is as good as it gets, to get that configuration on a 275 you would have to spend at least 4 times what a Daytona is worth

Its important to say that there is a big difference from an average car and a well sorted car specially true for a Daytona, it makes a huge difference.

-K1-, Lusso123, Hawkeye and 4 others like this.
  22. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    375+ and Enzo Anselmo Ferrari like this.
  23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  24. Pierre P

Pierre P Rookie

Oct 30, 2020
    pantera gr4, Timo Seefeld and 375+ like this.