Official Ferrari infotainment upgrade in 612 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari infotainment upgrade in 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by boxaw, Apr 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    any specific reason you went kenwood over alpine or pioneer?

2. oledude

oledude Rookie

Aug 30, 2016

Dutchman, was that based on the original Ferrari mounting kit, or tailor made for your car?
    I have a car with the becker + CD changer below, and I think a 2-DIN player will look a bit odd without a surrond 'bezel', particularly at the bottom of the player.

3. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    I am reviving this thread as I'm embarking on an upgrade of my own and seems like a suitable place to ask relevant questions instead of starting my own thread.

My questions revolve around the identity of the wires. I have a Becker unit and am pretty sure that the black plug harness in the back is for the speakers (the colors seem to match the universal denominations). However, I am unclear about the individual wires of the white harness, the tri-color harness, and the thick black wire on the right side. My Search skills don't seem to be up to par enough to find information on this, so any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I am wondering if there is a speaker harness that would let me hook the factory plug directly to my new radio's RCA speaker wires. It's not mandatory but it would save time from doing wiring.

4. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    No need to redo the wires. a standard ISO plug is used (for power and speakers) which you can plug straight into your new radio.

5. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    My radio came with just one wire harness that im rewiring. I already figure out how to power it and this weekend I'll be wiring the speakers.

6. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    Got most of the main wiring figured out (main power, ignition, ground, and dimmer). Is it safe to assume that the black harness wires are for the speakers? The sound cut out but power remained on when I tested it on the Becker unit.

7. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    Can't seem to edit my post, but i found a diagram and yes, they are for the speakers.