Official Ferrari LaFerrari Picture Thread | Page 202 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari LaFerrari Picture Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by furious_ferrari, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Will someone please order an Argento without black roof?!

2. alexs '05

alexs '05 Karting

May 20, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex M
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Some want to follow the traditional route, some want to break the mold.

In all honesty I wouldn't order either the orange or green but probably go for a silver or yellow.
    Red would be the last color I would order on any F-car as I just associate it with fanboys, but that could be due to the image-hungry people here in Miami + when you think Ferrari, I picture people wearing the red clothing to match their cars, etc.

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    If the owner is pleased, that should be the only thing that matters.

>8^)
    ER

4. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    #5029 GHG, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #5030 Garretto, Jan 18, 2015
  6. diogomsl

diogomsl Karting

Jan 4, 2014
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Diogo Laroca
    It's the first time that a picture of the front is published. I like the contrast.
    By the way, this is 205744.

7. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #5032 Peloton25, Jan 18, 2015
    I was thinking perhaps he was inspired by one of his fellow countrymen. Would you call David Piper's choice vulgar as well? No history to it at all, right? :rolleyes:

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    there was a red car with black roof that has the same black bonnet insert. also there was a black car with a red insert all the way to the tip of the nose if i recall correctly. i do appreciate these little extra creativity in speccing the car ( not so much for the massa's car though)

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  10. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Way too bright for Rosso Dino, RD has more red in it

11. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  12. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #5037 AJ, Jan 19, 2015
  13. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    and it does, but it doen't have to prevent us from giving our honest opinion does it? Even if it is a negative one. I am sure that if you are able to afford these types of car, the feeling of having it delivered makes you pretty immune from any negative comment you might receive.

I have yet to encounter a color on the LaF which I absolutely hate. I do not care much for orange or Kermit-green, but I think the car can pull it off. I think one in shiny gold would over do it for me. Or baby blue with a minty green roof. :D

14. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    any more pictures of this car? should be more around as sitting in showroom

15. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I have to say that the mono color scheme for me is preferable over the two tone (black roof) on the LA F. Super sleek in every color!

MJ

16. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    We all have our likes and dislikes, however, the use of the words "sad" and "vulgarity" are rather pompous ways of expressing one's opinion of a paint color that is not to their liking.

>8^)
    ER

17. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #5042 Garretto, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    I have to agree there.

BTW, for the orange LaF at Autohaus Gohm I'm leaning to Rosso Dino, even if it looked at first like an oranger orange. Rosso Dino is one of the historic colours in the current range (!).

18. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not really.

Actually, I think it *would* truly be sad if everyone had to hide their honest opinions on a car simply to be PC. ;) C'mon chill out, this is a fun forum where people can relax and express themselves. We shouldn't play PC games on FChat. "Sad" conveys a broader, more informative sentiment over a simple "dislike".

19. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Hrm. As I see it, Peter is entitled to his opinion about colors and is also entitled to express it. If you don't agree with him, great! Express your own opinion.

This discussion goes pear shaped at the point where we start asking each other to choose words which suit everyone. Statistically we come from different backgrounds and preferences, and the only result can be a milquetoast stream of banalities. I could write a short shell script to generate those and save us all the time of actually writing. And that would be, ah, sad 😇

20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    My, my !! We are sensitive!! Not surprising - seems to me that you are the King of correcting people's use of words and of then insulting them for using them.

I stand by my emotions! It makes me sad to see cars such as these in these kind of colours. It also makes me sad that someone who has a mclaren as an avatar has to take everything at the nth degree.

As so many have said, let's enjoy this forum for what it is supposed to be - a place where aficionados can exchange

21. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I just found your commentary on others unique color choices to be a little, how do you say it... 'Sad'?

Unique Ferraris are a good thing - the world needs more of them, not less and someone expressing their desire for individuality with a spec should not be cause for you to launch an attack or deem them solely as attention seekers who should have bought something else instead.

Sure wish I could be there when you meet some of these owners who chose 'vulgarity' over 'tradition' to see if you will stand by your emotions then, and also how little they will care for your opinion.

And thank goodness for the first person who was brave enough to step outside the boundaries and spec their Ferrari in "Blu Tour de France" way back in what was it, like 1993?? ...so that now you can claim to have selected a "traditional color". :)

>8^)
    ER

22. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Bingo!!

I rest my case!!

They have people who can help you deal with your frustrations. Then we could enjoy the right to freedom of speech (and opinion).

I was pretty sure that you would react as you did.

Predictable and predictably frustrated!!

Hohohoho!!

23. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Thanks Ben!! In the meantime and on a more interesting note, love your photos and was especially touched by the steering wheel inscription. Happy New Year to the both of you and looking forward to spending some great moments together in 2015!

24. vlad0

vlad0 Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    In my eyes the black roof combos look more modern..

Its not realistic, but a glass roof would ne perfect.

25. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    At least I know you read my reply. Doesn't matter if it sinks in - I didn't have any hope for you either. ;)

And the word isn't 'frustrated' - it is still just 'disappointed'.

>8^)
    ER