Official Ferrari LaFerrari Picture Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari LaFerrari Picture Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by furious_ferrari, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Thanks for the info, and congrats in case it is yours!

Is it the same LF as in the previous pictures from Monaco?

2. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    This LaFerrari is the first. The inside nameplate has written 1/499...the second LaF will have written 2/499 or 1/499 (one of the 499 LaFerraris) ?

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As already posted we believe every car will be 1/499 thus giving the factory latitude on numbers. You can be pretty sure that the earliest chassis number, the real 1/499 will most likely go to the museum.

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    your feeling or someone who's telling you his experience ?

5. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Traveller is correct. I believe this has been the practice for the last few years, that limited edition models get a "1 of X" plaque, and not an exact number. At least on cars with triple digit runs. They will probably make more cars anyway. There are several F50's that share the same VIN and according to one of the best informed members here (toolfan) there are quite a few additional Enzo's as well. This has been discussed extensively in other threads.

6. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thanks for the info! Forgive me if I made a question maybe a bit 'stupid ... in fact I could imagine that there was ample space dedicated to this

7. giacomodiroma

giacomodiroma Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    This means after 499 of 499 built, that car will still have the plate saying 1/499. So this gives Ferrari latitude? So when they say to their customers they will build 499 LaFerrari, they mean it is only a estimation so that they can increase volumes if they see they want to make more money? So the customer who buys into the equation of 499 perhaps will not have the exclusivityness of only 499 in the world but instead an increased volume of units that he did not expect? I imagine this would not be the first time Ferrari play this game like this because they also maked it with FXX. Suddenly after promising a strictly limit edition they make like 10 more. And say nothing, but later the truth come out and they have no answer for it.

8. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Yup, you're right. They have done it many times before and will do it again. They still claim that there are only 29 599XX's ever built, yet I have the VIN for around 40 cars. Do a search of the forum and you will find many threads on the cars that Ferrari have produced in higher numbers than they officially claim.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  10. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Sidenote: does anyone REALLY think it's his car? Seems a bit odd for, *ahem*, a footballer to be one of the first to get an example. The people who want to piss off Ferrari by flipping their cars quickly aren't likely to be so early in the delivery schedule, are they?

Can anyone with first or secondhand knowledge confirm if Ferrari had issued the same "don't sell your car to anyone other than us the first 18 months or we'll blacklist you" memo regarding the LF as they have done with cars in the past?

11. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    You would think Samuel Eto'o owning a Mansory Stallone would be grounds for never being allowed to own a new Ferrari again……

A near criminal act in my opinion.

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Something tells me he did not pass the minimum 5 Ferrari collection test-tragic.

13. D55L

D55L Karting

Dec 14, 2008
    I have troubles believing it is his car, especially given the fact that those pics were circulating around for few weeks and the car on those pics is the very first customer LaF delivered to Italy.

Thanks.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I dont know if it's his but he is not a flipper. He has a Veyron, a One-77 that he has had for a a couple of years already.

15. GSVII

GSVII Rookie

Jul 26, 2012
    Monte Carlo, MC
    My experience. Yes it is the only one in Monaco for now, the Second will arrive in Monaco in May (to Garretto)

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Amazing!do You have the définitive specs of the car ?

17. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Congratulations, if that's your LaFerrari. I had my reservations when I saw pictures of LaFerrari on the show stand but out in the natural light its a truly stunning car.

18. GSVII

GSVII Rookie

Jul 26, 2012
    Monte Carlo, MC
    No other specs apart from the original ones given. The car really flies! It is unbelievably fast and accurate.

19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Ι don't believe it either but they've seen him occasionally with a One-77 and a V12 Zagato. Hard to believe that he owns all of these cars..but really who knows.

20. giacomodiroma

giacomodiroma Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    Embarrassing! This is the first customer Ferrari have choosen to honour with the posesion of their most incredible car ever?? Above all other big Ferrari clients ever? I think Ferrari accept from him at minimum two times the money so he can be first if it is true. I hope this is not true. Not true that Ferrari need money so much, I hope.

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Thank You for your feedback,how do You compare It With an enzo for instance?

22. GSVII

GSVII Rookie

Jul 26, 2012
    Monte Carlo, MC
    To whom are you referring to?

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Samuel Eto'o

24. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    #124 qwertstnbir, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    cry me a river :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Loxo likes this.
  25. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I was referring to the question as to how he had acquired the car if it is indeed his. The only realistic alternative the way I see it, is buying the car from someone looking to make quick money, and upset their relationship with Ferrari in the same go.

I'm also critical of this rumour because there have been pictures of a black production-spec LaFerrari circulating the internet for a few days or weeks.