Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement.

Discussion in '612/599' started by jjmalez, Jan 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Really, really disappointing in the looks department but maybe the interior packaging goals dictated the overall shape. Design wise I prefer the direction Lambo is taking. Will be interesting to see what they do to the 599 next!!

David

2. mazza

mazza Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    ITS LIKE A BAD DREAM
    I wanted this car to be sooooo special........

3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but for the most part the beholder has yet to see it in the flesh...

I have had that privilege and as I have said before, the car has real charisma.

Beyond anything else, it is a technological revolution that puts the likes of Audi, Porsche etc 10 years behind.

The car does 0-100km/h in 7.5 seconds on the snow.....

The front is truly magnificent but be careful as the colour chosen has a great effect on the visuals

The interior is superbe and I was comfortable sitting in the back and access/exit is easy

And who can complain about a 335 km/h Ferrari that you can use every day and go skiing with??

4. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ

+1!!!

Will see it in 2 weeks.

MJ

5. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    oh no! what did they do?

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    With due respect, please define what to you constitures charisma because this new Ferrari is nothing more than a rehash of the BMW M Coupe, Reliant Schimatar with a few trinkets on it.

Yes its a technological revolution but surely all that technology could have been clothed in a more exotic looking body than a mere rehash of old designs.

However I agree with you that the concept has real appeal but I also cant help but think Ferrari has pushed everday useability too far with this car....as others have said whats next , a saloon, a SUV?

Final comments on looks will be reserved for when I see one but unless it really does have this "charisma"....

7. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    But I liked the Z M Coupe!

8. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Enzo would.

9. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    That's all I could think of when looking at it.

Final verdict: I do not like it.

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #36 ingegnere, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Even the name is the same!

For what it is and what it's supposed to do, it's fantastic! Kudos to Pininfarina - much better than I predicted:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    First thoughts.. M3 coupe. Which I find repugnant.
    To each his own however.

I haven't seen this in the flesh so I have to reserve absolute judgement, however I said the same about the Panamera and I haven't "warmed up to it" yet..

It seems to me the styling of luxury brands is favoring appeal to asian markets..

12. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Just one thought here: do you remember when was the last time Ferrari presented a 4 seater or a 2+2 in a red livery?

13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    The California 2+2 was launched in both Rosso Corsa and Azzuro California.

14. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Right. I was more refering to the historical lineage of 612, 456, 365/400/412... which, in my opinion, don't look so good in red. And the fact this car looks, well, probably as good as it gets, whatever your own feeling about its beauty is, clearly shows it's much more agressive and less classy than its predecessors, in terms of design. Funny, for a car that is at the same time probably the most useable for everyday life.

15. Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'll reserve final judgment until I see it in the flesh, but I think I'm going to love it. It's a bit shocking to the senses, but I think I "get it" and honestly from descriptions and spy photos, it looks pretty much just like I expected. A lot of times I'm unhappy w/a new Ferrari until I see it in the flesh, the 612 and 599 were both bothersome for various reasons, but over time and with the right details/wheels/colors, they're both favorites. The GTO is probably my favorite current new car in the universe, and on the day the first 599 photos first hit the internet I would have never expected that to happen.

I still think the California is ghastly and I will likely never warm to it, there is no way they could hide all that junk in the trunk with any finesse regardless of the performance (ditto Panamera). I was in lust w/the 458 in photos, even more so in person. There is often a beauty in cars that have sexy lines and a few "uncomfortable" details that tend to emote love-it-hate-it emotions. This car has that in spades. Can't wait to see it in person.

16. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    An Italian Clownshoe!...I love it! :)

17. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    The Italians are 10 years ahead of the Germans in terms of automotive engineering ?

18. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Not a fan of this car.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes. Agreed. This is the lightweight 4wd system they've been working on for over ten years. It is very advanced. They did state it's weight is less than half of others 4wd systems. This allows Ferrari to continue to increase HP on the road cars AND get the powerto the ground. If this system were on a GTO imagine how many seconds it would take off the lap time. The GTO who's basically as fast as the Enzo.

20. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I wonder how many will be ordered with the "pannelli di legno ai lati" option.

21. Chaos in 1983!

Dec 17, 2003
    It doesn't cut it for me, it looks awkward and strange, the front is a mess...the 458 lights don't flow with the rest of the car... I don't think calling this the successor of the 612 is right, I mean it's a whole different thing...the 612 is a really classy car, this FF looks like a Japanese hot hatch that a 16 year old gets as his first car...

Perhaps I'll change my mind a bit when I see it in the flesh but from what I can see now I've decided someone has been smoking something at Ferrari...

22. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    Over 10 years? where did you get that number from???

23. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    HOLY UGLY CAR BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of that episode where Homer Simpson got to design a car for his long lost brother's company and wound up sinking the company with a "monstrosity" lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW33eg8PYkE[/ame] (fast forward to the 2:00 mark haha)

I wouldnt be caught DEAD in this piece of ugly performance ridden eye sore

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE MR. MONTEZEMOLO!!!!!!!!

24. plip

plip Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Gianni Olivieri
    +1000