Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement.

Discussion in '612/599' started by jjmalez, Jan 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Honestly, I don't think the 456 was a design triumph. It's basically handsome, far from ugly, but I wouldn't rate it among the all-time greats.

And I agree it doesn't look good in red.

2. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    This very much reminds me of BMW's Z3 M Coupe. I was a fan of that eccentric looking little car and I think the FF is kinda cool in a similar non-conformist way.

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    In So Cal, the Porsche Panamera is a huge seller. I see them everywhere I go. I bet Porsche sells more Panamera then Cayennes this year.

They must drive great. They sure don't look great.

4. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Doesn't look special. Just weird. I feel like I'm watching one of those European fashion shows with ridiculous clothes no one ever actually will wear.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I like it, but I doubt my wife will let me get it. I'm digging the new cars, the 458 is good and the Cali has won me over.

6. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    It's certainly not a Ferrari the average Joe aspires to get some day. I'm sure it will be a great car it just doesn't do anything for me and thats what a Ferrari should do, it should stir something inside of you, this one doesn't do that.

7. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The real life pic makes it look like a 1 series with a long nose. It's sad, but I think it's been at least a decade since I was really blown away by a new Ferrari, maybe the Enzo.

8. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
  9. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    You said it... Who will go around and think "I hope I can afford it some day!"

Many will be sold as daily drivers as Ferrari no. 2 in your collection... And take a serious depreciation hit...

10. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    +1

11. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I am still hours after seeing it fairly shocked that this is actually a production car and not some bad dream on the part of the designer, sure the video is great but how many people actually drive Ferrari's in snow...

The whole shape doesnt have a good agle, grey makes the car even worse. I really do have to wonder what reception will be like at Geneva when its officially presented....I wonder how many of the people who saw the car in the metal today actually liked it..

Way I see it this is a dark day in Ferrari design, the concept is fundamentally flawed, the execution horrendous.

If sales of the 612 were slow...

12. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I like it !

Well, to explain: I like the fact I will never in this lifetime feel like I need to save all my money to get this 'glorious beauty' ;-)

Now, going back to 'real beauties', where is that Swaters Blue with tan interior 456M I saw recently for sale, need to hurry and get that one now....:)

Frank

13. Dr. Rossa

Dr. Rossa Rookie

Aug 2, 2007
    I don't believe you will find a poster of the FF on any sixteen year olds wall, but I honestly believe you never found a 612 on one either. Controversial...absolutely! No comment on styling. We're going to read, love it/ hate it all day long. The 612 had a very statesmanlike appeal but if you saw a female getting out of the car, you didn't automatically think...oh...she must be driving her significant (male) others car. It could easily be hers. Now with this thing...no way its hers. There's a huge suitcase of cash in the boot and she's dropping it off for him.
    What i love best about this car is that it will depreciate at 19.6m/s/s (gravityX2) and I'll have an awesome winter beater in 2 years.

14. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #89 Modena360-66, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    ^ On the side profiles it looks like they got cancer on their behinds......

16. Andreu Tautou

Andreu Tautou Karting

Oct 29, 2009
    maybe VW makes a sabotage to buy cheap shares in Ferrari?

17. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    I get the reason why they would make this.
    I just don't really get why someone would actually buy it.

I'll stick with my Bentely for when I need to drive in the snow

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Its better looking than 612 which isnt hard to do

But WHO decided that what F really needs is an AWD Hatchback ?

What the H is it for ?

Might be cool to carry parts for a race team but its nowhere near elegant enough to compete w even the Maserati coupe

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well, I hated the Ferrari official photos but the ones from the Czech sight look really cool.

I need to see it in person. It's always going to be difficult to get a 4 seater to have the sporty feeling of a 2 seater. You have to remember what purpose this car was designed for.

20. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    They would have done better if they had just put a bigger motor, a modern interior and faired-in, covered headlights in a 456M.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my 612 OTO just went up in price!
    :)
    its horrible and enzo is probably rolling in his grave....

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #97 360trev, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. popsmuf

popsmuf Karting

Jun 20, 2006
    SoCal
    Yes, I think many 612 owners will be keeping their cars...

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the 612 is versatile...rear seats can take car seats, small adults, etc....snow tires and its a great winter car....i dont have many friends who must have a rear seat who can fit full size adults and awd...who cares? thats what the range rovers, QPs, and german sedans are for....

25. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sorry mate, there's a thread somewhere in here where the student talks about this CG design. It's one hell of a job in my opinion and the fellow should have a position designing for somebody with this skill, but it's no Ferrari prototype. :)