Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement.

Discussion in '612/599' started by jjmalez, Jan 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    You're usually perceived to be no better than the company you associate with.Throw this over engineered " mall wagon " into a group of 458's,430's,599's and a few of the really high end supercars and you bring the whole bunch down.

I loved the 458 the first second I saw it and the feeling just keeps building as I think of my spider down the road.I do not like the idea of a 350k car "growing on me".

2. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    #177 London John, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    I'm sorely disappointed. I'm a big fan of V12's and love the idea of four useable seats. I think this car is a technical marvel and will probably drive extremely well. I'm genuinely in the market for another V12 and was looking forward to talking to my dealer with eager anticipation........and cheque book in hand.

I will not, however, be buying one. It's just a miserable looking car. It "looks" wrong on so many levels. It's the kind of car you'd turn around to look at when you've parked........but you'd be thinking "Gee, what the hell have I bought here". It's one of those designs that nearly gets there........but just seems to miss on all the crucial points and from all the important angles..............which, in combination, means it misses by just enough to elicit a sneer......that doesn't go away.

I'm not sure other poster's are right about the Asian market either. I'm regularly in China, and know a lot of Ferrari owners. They all like the 458/599 and the ladies like the Cali.......i.e. the sportier body shapes. That's what they know Ferrari for.........that's their brand association. They have more of an aesthetic sense than they're being given credit for here and, make no mistake, their sense of brand association is stronger than anywhere in the world.

It says something to me that the release video had the car 90% under a cowl......and the 10% it was uncovered it was pitch black. Strangest product release I've seen where they don't show the product. Seriously, the lunatics are in charge of the asylum.

3. read_this

read_this Rookie

Dec 7, 2010
    Your not making any sense, I was 11 when i started dreaming about ferraris and now i buy one a year. And so will my kid at 11 start dreaming about them and 10 years from now buy one a year! If boys now days confuse Ferraris for Bmws and Audis, will they be passionate about Ferraris like we are now days???

4. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I think you are missing the point he was making....which I agree to ;-)

Basically this is not the car that Ferrari hopes 11 year old kids will love. They still make those cars (458, 599, Enzo replacement and partly California)

I don't know how many they think of selling per year but I don't think they will have any issues at all in selling at least 200 per year. There are a lot of people out there who love Ferrari but have a family and need to be able to transport quite often 3 or 4 people in the car. This is a car aimed at them.... Is there any other sports car out there which can do that?

5. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    #180 Tifosi15, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    You, my friend, have it.

Is the FF a car kids will gush over? No, those are the cars that the young ones dream about taking their lady friend (one person) out to dinner in. The FF is a car for the dreamers that also want to take their family along. As stated, what other four seater car has 660bhp, a V12, and the Ferrari passion behind it? Nothing, the FF is the car that defines the Ferrari passion for the whole family to enjoy at once

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I agree; share the fun - the more, the merrier!

Kind of like a 2 or 3-seater F1 car :)

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No one is complaining about the technology or the engine lalala..most here are upset by the design.

A 612 and a 456 can take you and your friends to diner with 3 cases of Champagne in the trunk while looking good.

8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Isn't the trunk on the 612 tiny?

Not even large enough to fit a regular suitcase.

The trunk is short due to the placement of the fuel tank behind the rear seats.(?)

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The trunk on the 612 is quite reasonable. I took my family of 4 on a 2 week trip in mine, and while we used every cubic centimeter of trunk space, we made it work.

For two people, there is plenty of room in the trunk. I don't know if you could fit some sort of enormous hard sided samsonite, but for the kind of soft bags most people use these days, there is plenty of room. Golf clubs fit as well.

10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    One thing which I feel should have been included in the FF is a better way to get to the back seats.

Some sort of small door or sliding door for the rear seat passengers would have been a great improvement.

Ferrari could have found a way to do this with style- ie no ugly handles but push buttons or hidden latches.

11. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I think others have already understood and agreed with my point, but for the record I was dreaming about Ferraris when I was 11 mainly because the Daytona that is mine now had been sitting in the garage at home since I was 1 years old (it was the first of my Dad's 27 Ferrari's and counting.

The Ferraris I dreamed about then were Daytona's 275's and Boxers and I also recall that I was the only kid in class who didn't want a Lamborghini Countach . I never dreamed about 365GT4's 400 or 412's but that never stopped Ferrari selling them (that body style lasted for 17 years far longer than any other Ferrari). Curiously I now find the thought of an early 365GT4 2+2 quite appealing and the same goes for the FF.

12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Too bad the 612 lost so much sexy curves compared to the original designer's drawing.

13. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  14. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    I didn't think anything could help 612 resale values. I guess I was wrong! LOL.

15. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  17. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    That's not at all what I was saying or hinting at. Merely stating that one of the very first Ferrari's had a design similar in nature

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I know, was joking.

19. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    :eek: Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted your tone. This thread has had me on alert I guess... :eek:

20. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    Horrendous and bizarre. And I think the other modern Ferraris (458, 599 especially) are some of the most beautiful ever made.

Everything about it is weird or awkward in some way. The proportions, the details...it looks horrible.

21. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    #196 deppi0, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not sure where to post as there are two threads about it...but anyway here's a new pic!

So different here.

What do you think?

The front doesn't seem crazy aggressive as it was in the first pictures.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    I like it.

I like it a lot.

23. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I wanna see a picture of it in black.

PS. "You can put make up on a pig, but it's still a pig."

24. Flubnut

Flubnut Karting

Feb 3, 2009
    Chicago-ish
    Full Name:
    Mr. Flubnut, Esq.
    #199 Flubnut, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Certainly a more flattering angle and color than the first official pics. But it still feels more like "hatchback" than "shooting brake". Curious to see if that changes when people start seeing it in person.

Below is Vandenbrink's 612 shooting brake concept, which isn't revolutionary, but I think helps to illustrate what I was expecting to see instead:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

I'm now loving this, very exciting design..