Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    if that's the case, i may just have to pick him up, i need to do something to jump start my team

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good start for me this week and it is only Friday. Can I take down the #2 team? :) Ferrari Cowboys have started off great too, 21 points from a TE!

3. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    #78 Hoodude, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
    FC-dude had cutler too,a 30pointer,so 51 points before sunday!...looks doggy for the berners
    cheering,
    RE

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I saw that and initially thought something must be messed up..... Very nice position to be in before any games on Sunday. Rob's also off to a flying start, and my man Brandon Marshall exceeded expectations.

Rob - If you're looking to get rid of #85, do you have to offer him to everyone, or do you simply drop him to be picked up by whoever happens to notice first? [I know there's a waiver period - I guess I need to go and read the rules on trading.] Suffice to say I'll throw my hat into the ring if you're looking to get shot of him. [Despite my league leading W-L record I'm only 5th in points scored, and that makes me nervous as we head towards the playoffs.....]

Cheers,
    Ian

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we can trade or if I waive him then I think it comes down to waiver rights if more than 1 person wants him.

6. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    trade offered. i need something to kick my team into gear

7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Help.

Should I play Carolina's Defense (at Oakland)
    OR
    New England's Defense (home vs. Buffalo)

NE's defense is playing good, Buffalo is going downhill and missing a bunch of starters, plus NE is 'home'.

But. It's Oakland......

Most votes here is what I will go with.

8. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I kind of agree - He may be just the guy to do it. I'm doing OK, but a "stud" WR is appealing..... [They're always high risk/reward it seems.]

Anyway, I RTFM'd and it seems that if your offer is accepted, all managers get notified and we then have two days to "object"..... Back to Rob. [No counter offer from me at this time.......]

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - Whisky - I have $ on the Panthers at -9. I was unfortunate enough to be in the "local market" last week and had to watch the Oakland game - Very possibly the worst NFL performance I've ever seen, and I don't think it's going to improve this week. My 02c, FWIW.

9. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Ian,I watched the whole Oak/Carolina game and it's 3hrs of my life just well gone for nothing,,,awful,,,
    Jake's qb rating was one point higher than the number of times Oak punted,,,that's how bad [oh nevermind]
    cheer,
    RE

10. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 It'll never happen as the owners own the league, but the Raiders are to me the reason they should have "promotion" and "demotion" like in soccer - If you're in, say, the English premier league, and *suck* that badly you get demoted to the "first division" and the best from that division is promoted to the premiership - IIRC, it's actually the 3 worst that go down and get replaced...... Maybe "promote" the winners of the AFL and demote the Raiders! :D

The good news though is not only did my bet win, but the other two on my parlay card came in as well - $20 returns $240 :D

Returning to topic - What a fun weekends fantasy! I thought Rob had it in the bag with 30-odd points from Thursday, but watched the computer all day Sunday as he was slowly overhauled by the super hot "fighting Dinos". It also looked for a long time that Sainthoo was going down to Lotec who doesn't have a QB and 3 other guys on byes - He looked *horrible* until after MNF......

Cheers,
    Ian

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Urgh, @#$%&(&#$* %))$*)@*$)*!!! I wish they had a points against stat, I swear I have the worst match ups. The only week that Lotec actually sets his roster was against me! :D :D :D

12. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I feel your pain! I was going to comment on your "bad luck" there, but realized (in totally selfish fashion!) that I was playing him the following week, and didn't want to wake him up...... [Having said that, I think that had you played Ocho Cinco against me last week you'd have had a "W"......]

I assume, not having heard anything, that you rejected the trade offer for him?

I've now offered a trade as well.....

Cheers,
    Ian

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can't access from day job, I will check tonight, but I saw email and I don't need a QB. Warner is kicking butt and Romo returns this week I hope! What I will probably offer is Chad plus one of my 'B' RB's for one of your 'A' RB's.

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    That's pretty much what I figured after looking at your roster...... I wanted to "get my feet wet" with the "mechanics" of trading - The deadline is this Friday after all.
    Hmmm - I guess make the offer and we'll take it from there. [Brings to mind something I read before the draft - something like "you never get value in a fantasy trade"......]

I guess you "rejected" rollsorferrari' trade offer? Maybe I'll go and see what he needs....... :D

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - Before we get into the "stress" of the post season, I'd like to say a big "thanks!" for getting me into this - It's certainly enhanced my enjoyment of the NFL - Which I'm going to watch all day on Sunday anyway - I now have the HD monitor doing it's thing and the Yahoo "Stattracker" on the laptop. Very cool!

15. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    OK - trade offer received. As "suspected" Rob wants LT!...... I just don't think I can bring myself to trade the #1 choice though...... *If* I was struggling (rollsorferrari?) I'd probably go for it, but much thinking and my (league leading :)) record means I just can't pull the trigger.....

Now, this almost guarantees #85 will have 200 yds + 3TD's next week *and* LT willl get shut down, but that's just a chance I'm going to have to take.

Cheers,
    Ian

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought a good trade. :D LT just isn't getting the run offense like past years. I also opened up any of my other RB's as part of the trade.

17. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I've just moved him to my bench.........

How scary is that?....... :D

As long as nobody has a "crazy" game ("my" Jets DF last week, for example!), I reckon Sainthoo (6-4) is in trouble - Screw the projections :)

Cheers,
    Ian

18. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    So much for that theory! - I got *spanked*! - Unless Marshawn Lynch runs for about 500yds tonight I'm screwed....... However, two other matchups are way too close to call - Robs Fumblers needs just 6 points to overhaul Berners (projection is 10) and the Fighting Dinos need 10 to overcome Rollsor..... (projection is 8). Very cool!

cheers,
    Ian

19. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Who is in first place? OH wait, that would be me :D

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, playoffs are starting. I had the hottest team last week, will it hold through playoffs? Thankfully I wasn't only one to get beat by Lotec (twice!). :D

I'm dumping Chad Johnson this week, you guys can HAVE him! :)

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What, no trash talk as playoffs start? This is what it all comes down to, the regular season doesn't mean anything at this point except giving you a better seed.

OK, I will start. Yes I got 5th place in regular season, but I don't think anyone can hang with me now! Last week I put up 20 more points than even the 2nd highest team. :D However, I'm so dependent on Romo and Tennessee and they both did great last week. My RB's and WR's are average, so if QB or DEF falters I'm usually in trouble. Romo has a tough matchup this week, but Tennessee is looking good. Bring it on! :eek:

BTW, no one has noticed I dropped 3 All Stars from my team... Chad Johnson, Jamal Lewis, and Dallas Clark. Pick them up! :)

22. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    OK, I'll start! Just a little "gun shy" about posting until now as it seems commenting herein immediately leads to a loss....

But, as the #1 seed I'm feeling pretty good - As long as Lotec doesn't wake up anyway! :D [Considering he didn't have a QB for half the season 3 wins and a tie isn't bad!]

Looking forward to "going all the way!".....

Cheers,
    Ian

23. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I did notice, but after looking at the numbers I'm staying with the devils-I-know..... Who would have thought that the mighty Ocho-cinco would be a free agent heading in to the playoffs? [And, I *almost* traded LT for him.....]

Jamal could be a good pickup, but I'm overloaded at RB.

Some pretty high numbers seem to be projected this week. Looks like 100+ is going to be needed to get a W in most matchups. Great stuff!

Cheers,
    Ian

24. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I knew it! Shouldn't have said anything...... Lotec's RB's scored 48 points! He's at 69, with Randy Moss & Roy Williams still to go! Darnit!

I *think* I'm going to be OK, but it's way tighter than I was expecting.

Cheers,
    Ian

25. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Phew! - Came out OK in the end. It even seems that the seeding system "almost" worked in the end - The 1, 2 and 4 seeds all go through, only one "upset" with the 3 seed losing to #6..... On to the semi's!