Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No *****!.... You didn't get a bone, you got a great big juicy steak!

Holey-moley! - 74 points! Seventy-four - From 4 guys! Damn, I've won entire games with 74 points!.....

I cringed all the way thru' the game - MJD running when JAC had the the rock. Then, Peyton to just about anyone scored "double" points. It was tough sledding just *watching* it......

Then, of course, I've just noticed the smack talking PM from him as well! :)

75 point underdog going into Sunday. :(

OTOH:

That's what I'm hoping!.... I do have the #1 (fantasy) QB and some pretty solid guys, so I'm not about to roll over. BUT, I am now trying to figure out why I thought knowing I'm down by 75 was in any way an advantage!

Plus, we're on the piste for the weekend, so I won't be watching on Sunday, which is probably not such a bad thing......

Cheers,
    Ian

2. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    It seems everyone else has lost interest.... Which, if the best you can do is 3rd place is understandable I guess.... :)

+1 :D

Cheers,
    Ian

3. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Ian,
    I won't go overboard...but yeah 75 is a nice lead...but no kidding you got strong players...in no way is ''the watch'' in the bag but it's on the counter,ticking.
    cheers,
    RE

4. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Firstly, the snow was *awesome*, thanks for asking :)

My guys had a pretty good Sunday with the result that I'm now in pretty much the same boat as Rob was a couple of weeks back: Berners is done with 112 points and I'm on 91. BUT, I have Matt Forte going on MNF tonight. Projection is 17 points, which would obviously leave me 4 points short.....

If he has a really good (not great, but good) game I think I can snatch this thing from the jaws of defeat! [100 yards, 2 TD's and no fumbles would be perfect for example....] It's going to be cold, and Chicago love to run the ball.

Anyone want to make a book on this?.......

In conclusion, I need everyone to focus their energy on Matt having a good game - Thanks!

Cheers,
    Ian

5. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    BTW, I just noticed that Rob has tied up third place (unless Aaron Rodgers passes for about 1K yards and 5 TD's, which I doubt).

Congratulations to Robs fumblers! [No watches, women or sponsored drives for 3rd though......;)]

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - This post more in the interest of seeing if anyone apart from Hoodude and myself are still reading this stuff......

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ha, OK week, but again my bench played better than starters. :) funny, but only reason at all I started Romo over Warner was I planned to see part of the game Saturday.

7. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    #132 Hoodude, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Ian,
    Forte cud do it really,can't locate stats on GB run def but it's on/off innit?
    But really I'm let down by Panters loss to Giunts...man that's dissappointing...Kasay is so dependable,just alil'gust at the end,they cud end up on the road for 3 games if they can!! NO is not a team you wanna play for a thing,,,
    Anyway,cheers
    RE
    Rob,why'd you start Romo again? I'm confused...

8. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Well, he gave it his best shot, but "we" came up just a little short (112 - 106 was the final). Damn - One more TD and I'd have been OK [I think, but aren't sure that a tie would have given it to me. But, it wasn't to be.]

So, big congratulations to Berners for winning the inaugural F-Chat fantasy league! [One assumes money, sponsored drives, watches and even women will now be flocking to his side! :)]

I don't know about everyone else, but I thoroughly enjoyed my rookie "ownership" experience. Going into the playoffs as the #1 seed no doubt aided my enjoyment, but the experience was all good. It certainly enhanced my Sunday NFL viewing, although I must admit it does "skew" ones perspective on the games on occasion [eg, I'm a '9ers fan, but found myself rooting for the Dolphins defense *against* "my" 9ers the other week.]

Talking to other fantasy owners, I have a couple of "suggestions" that I'd like to put out there for next season but I think I'll start a new thread to discuss said ideas once the "dust has settled".

Thanks again to Rob for a sterling commish job - I'm already looking forward to next year!

Cheers to all, and again, well done the Berners.
    Ian

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I had fun this season. Thanks everyone for playing. We'll do it again next year, I think having 16 in the league will be better as less talent to spread among the teams and then regular season will mean more fighting for 8 playoff spots.

Final Standings...

*1. Berners (Hoodude) 5-8-0 .385 1066 L-2 3 14
    *2. Flat Cranks (Fast_ian) 10-3-0 .769 1201 W-2 6 24
    *3. Rob's Fumblers (Rob Lay) 5-8-0 .385 1182 W-1 4 26
    *4. Sainthoo (sainthoo) 9-4-0 .692 1188 W-6 7 26
    *5. Ferrari Cowboys (ferraridude615) 8-5-0 .615 1254 L-2 2 9
    *6. The Fighting Dino's (tfazio) 7-5-1 .577 1301 L-2 5 10
    *7. rollsorferrari06ws (rollsorferrari?) 3-8-2 .308 926 L-1 8 5
    *8. Lotec113 3-9-1 .269 767 W-2 1 -

So who was Lotec, Aaya?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hoodude, also let me know what size shirt you want. Also, I can get shirts for the others too 2nd, 3rd... if you want them. :) I'm going to get a 3rd place shirt. :D

11. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Oh yeah! - XL please. [You have my mailing address, correct?]

Moving on, I think 16 teams may be too many - Most seem to be 10-12 teams. With a "full" 16 teams it's possible you won't even have a backup QB for example..... OTOH, you're the commish, so I'll go with whatever you decide.

Other comments (as you opened the "comment" secrtion ;)]

- I believe the (default) "-1" for an interception is a little generous - Defense gets 2 for the takeaway, QB should also be -2 IMHO.
    - I don't know if Yahoo can do it, but my buddy (commish of his league) has "Defense and special teams" rather than just "defense" - We didn't get (or lose!) any points this season for special teams plays, which seems a shame. He also gives more points for, eg, long return yardage - A 99 yard return for TD should score more than a 10 yard return IMHO. [On special teams]. I'll try and pick up his scoring system and post it here for review.

Please note, I'm not whining, just trying to improve the experience for next year.

Cheers,
    Ian

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we can talk about customizations for next year, but I just went with the default Yahoo points, they have been doing this longer than me.

maybe 12 teams is best with 8 making playoffs, still some regular season motivation not to miss playoffs.

13. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Rob,
    Ian,
    etc...
    First,thank you thank you very much...and XL probably best[L is sometimes not L enuff].
    2nd, Yahoo worked good [this was my1st live<real?> draft[at least we didn't have to sit around inna smoky room]
    3rd,I was some surprised more didn't play but 12 wud be a good number
    4th,there's always next...and I'm drafting M.Ryan and hoping A.Williams or Stewart will be available....but those schedules will not be as easy next year!!
    5th,cheers,
    RE

14. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Me and Fightdinos put up the most points and ended up in fifth and sixth. Sometimes life just isn't fair. Gotta peak at the right time.