Official Lancia Delta Integrale thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Official Lancia Delta Integrale thread

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by roma1280, Dec 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Correct on numbers, 400 Martini 5 and 310 Martini 6. Both really great imho.

2. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    There is one for sale in south africa a 16v for 40k usd.

4. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
    I have an EVO for the street but have been working on this rally car for a while - finally running - yay !

5. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
  6. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  7. theowinstone

theowinstone Karting

May 27, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Theodore Winstone
    lgs, cstorry, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  8. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
  9. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
    tantumaude, roma1280 and AtSomePoint like this.
  10. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    mikesufka, CETH, JoeTSI and 1 other person like this.
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Makuono likes this.
  12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  13. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes and yes, let me find the link. It’s pretty awesome!

14. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Reviving this thread. I recently purchased @Hawkeye 's 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V on BaT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-lancia-delta-hf-integrale-16v-4/. I've wanted an Integrale for years, and while I had never driven one, based on cosmetics alone, I wanted a 16V, mainly for that crazy interior and those even crazier wheels.

Now that I have the car, I utterly love it. The car itself is exactly what it was represented to be: original paint, (almost) mechanically sorted (more about that below), etc. No mods other than the (almost obligatory) adjustable roof spoiler (that only was stock on the Evo 1/2) and an aftermarket exhaust that sounds great.

I've gotten to drive it a bit, and it's amazing. We've all heard the phrase, "corners like it's on rails", but the Integrale truly feels like it's on rail tracks when cornering. I think it's the way the AWD system works with the diffs, but it's definitely a different feeling than, say, an Evo (have owned an IX and X) or an STi (have driven many, have owned a regular WRX).

Not the fastest car in the world, of course, but plenty of power to have fun with. And, it's a _small_ car. Light, too. It's smaller than my 4 door VW GTI parked side by side. And, wow, is it distinctive. I just love looking at it.

I haven't been driving it for the last few weeks, though, because when I got it, the AC didn't work. (No shade to the seller; I never asked whether it worked, and he never used it in Ohio) AC is sort of a requirement for me down here in Houston, so that needed to be fixed. Well, we're a few weeks into a major project now where the compressor had to be rebuilt (some weird Sanyo-Seiki thing that isn't available and was only used in this car), expansion valve was replaced, and many hoses were replaced. But, then we found out that the evaporator was leaking, which is not good news. That means the entire HVAC box has to come out, that sits on both sides of the firewall. And that means that half of the engine compartment has to be disassembled, as well as dash removal. Ugh.

Good news is that, upon disassembly, it was obvious that someone had "been in there" before, and things were not put back together correctly. So, this was a great opportunity to clean things up and return everything to the correct stock appearance and functionality. Not to mention clean out the HVAC box itself, replace more hoses, vacuum lines, etc. etc.

Anyway, it's almost all back together again, and I can't wait to drive it. In the meantime, I've been educating myself about the Integrale, ordering and reading every book that I can find on the car, trying to find a decent forum (there really isn't), and really understanding the history of the car. I've been fortunate to have an 037 pass through my dealership, and a Fulvia HF Fanalone is in service right now, so I have some hands-on knowledge of some of the Integrale's parents.

Eventually, I'm sure I will sell this car, but for now, I plan to drive it and thoroughly enjoy it.

Hawkeye and roma1280 like this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just picked up an evo 1 in blue with @ 340 hp but setup as a daily driver. Cant wait for it!!

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Anyone have experience with winter tires? Cant find any nokians for the delta!

17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    awesome congrats!

18. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    keep us posted. Sounds awesome.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Spider68, Boomhauer and roma1280 like this.
  20. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Love that blue!

21. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    I have nokian hakkapeliitta R2 in 195/55-15 and they are excellent. I bought mine in 2018. They still seem readily available, but perhaps it depends on size and your location.

https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2/

roma1280 likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ok good to know. Ill ask for a set of 15s

roma1280 likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002