The Purosangue Thread | Page 251 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!!! That is awesome!!!

I was once in our California sitting in the parking lot at a grocery castors while my wife ran in to get a few items. Some guy in a t top TransAm yelled out “nice grocery gitter”. I thought I would die laughing and gave him the thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua likes this.
  2. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    2 days for the journalist veto tests to lift... :)

3. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  5. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I wish the embargos were staggered.
    Kind of too much at once today.
    That being said, the reviewers appear to happier than a lumberjack after work at a road side BBQ joint.
    Many of us expect different iterations of the vehicle after the initial run of V12 power.
    It seems like the reviewers have been informed differently on what the future will be for the 4 door (or 5 door if you prefer).
    I cannot see them making this kind of investment, resulting in such a well loved machine and killing the golden goose after a couple of years.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  7. Goatpuncher

Goatpuncher Rookie

Aug 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Lumetri
    I think it looks fantastic overall, but the shields are obnoxious. Way too big, feels like theyre right in the middle of the fender. I'm not crazy about the existence of a Ferrari SUV either, but I think they did a much better job lamborghini. Unlike the Urus, I wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen in this. Its not garish and shouty.

8. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    now imagine that your Purosangue have novitec exhaust and you drive with family to grocery store :D :D :D :D :D

Maggio23 likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Should have launched it in Davos a few weeks ago ..just to wind up the WEF

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Following the testing of the Purosangue these are some of verdicts published today.

EVO
    Overall the Purosangue is a deeply impressive and intriguing car. I’m just not sure what it’s really for. It’s not practical enough to be a true Range Rover or Cayenne replacement but it’s too big and too compromised to be a true sports GT. It also lacks the sepia-toned glamour that drips from cars like the GTC4 Lusso with their direct link to the wonderful GTs from days past. It simply doesn’t feel as special. What an engine, though. They will, of course, sell every one they can make. That’s what it’s for, ultimately. The Purosangue is a happy car for Ferrari’s future but it’s a little sad that it’s had to go here at all.

TOP GEAR
    But the company really shouldn’t feel awkward. Technology has moved on, the market has matured, and the Purosangue offers something that Ferrari buyers have thus far been unable to access: a genuinely daily Ferrari. The good bit is that the Purosangue leans heavily towards Ferrari’s core proposition with an added dose of daily useability, rather than a re-cloaked SUV. It’s impressive, and certainly the most convincing ‘SUV’. In fact, it’s probably the only one that really deserves the name.

AUTOCAR. UK
    And I still think this car will never be quite as cool as a GTC4. But this is a car Ferrari had to make, and while you excuse some car makers their SUVs because they let them make enough money to produce the sports cars we love, the Purosangue does for its maker what a lot of SUVs can’t for theirs: it actually feels like a Ferrari.

CARMAGAZINE
    The Purosangue has the looks, sound and pace of a proper Ferrari, while the cabin and outright luxury is second to none. It does have its flaws (what Italian supercar doesn’t) and dynamically it’s not quite a match for Ferrari’s low-slung sports cars, but in the grand scheme these are small complaints. The headline here is that Ferrari has made an SUV that’s fit for the badge.

PISTON HEADS
    There are two ways, it seems, of summing up the Purosangue from this first experience. One feels a bit mean, but also keeps nagging, is that it's not quite as thrilling to drive as the more traditional Ferraris while at the same time being less useful than the cars happy to identify as conventional (albeit hugely fast) SUVs - meaning you get the compromise of both without the very best bits. While costing more than either. The alternative, happier perspective - and one that feels no less true when you climb out of it - is that this is one of the most exhilarating four-door cars ever made, capable of things we never thought possible for a vehicle like this, powered by a mesmerising Ferrari V12. The popularity of the Purosangue already indicates which side of the debate prospective buyers fall on. They are unlikely to be disappointed.

MOTOR.it
    The technological alchemists of Ferrari have hit the mark once again, because the Purosangue travels like a pleasure, loads luggage, and offers hospitality to 4 people, but burns the finish line of 100 km/h in 3.3 seconds and exceeds 310 km/h maximum speed where permitted. It's the Ferrari that wasn't there, the family supercar to drive even on the snow, but which, if desired, wouldn't look out of place even on the track. Innovating does not mean following the herd of electrification, sometimes being unique and developing solutions never seen before can leave a deeper mark. At Maranello they took the steepest route to create their first high-wheeled car, but now they've climbed higher than anyon

PATRIEK, TSOYBELIS, jpalmito and 8 others like this.
  11. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not sure what foot to stand on ;-) It is slower than my FF (208mph or 335 km/h) which I simply did not expect. Does it matter? I have never had the pleasure to drive my FF +200mph , so NO - it is just that I did not expect that reduction in top speed...

Boomhauer, 350MH83 and MDEL like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for posting, and here is the verdict from the Yankee "Big 3"

Car and Driver
    Purosangue prints money and inevitably becomes the bestselling model in the lineup. And anyway, people who can spend $400,000 on an SUV probably don't face the binary choice of Purosangue or sports car. They'll get both. But if, cursed by fate, you can somehow only have one Ferrari? Then this is the one to have.

Motortrend

Like it or not, the Purosangue is here, but at least it's armed with the best of what Ferrari has to offer. It's a striking vehicle that's fabulously athletic and comfortable to boot. There's no shortage of super SUVs, but this one's old school, where old school means 12 cylinders and a hell of a lot of noise. This is the Ferrari way.

Road and Track

The Ferrari Purosangue makes you forget it's an SUV. The inevitable debate around a Ferrari SUV seems trite. The Purosangue is a marvel, and one that uses its next-level technology in service of the driving experience. There's nothing else quite like it.

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I think you’re reading between the words not the lines. The overwhelming sentiment is extremely positive. And the car just looks amazing compared to other SUVs it competes with.

Nospinzone, TSOYBELIS, JAM1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Good grief.

Talk about confirmation bias.

15. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Folks have been grimacing about the vehicle from before it existed. Kind of funny to see someone apply that much bias to a discussion.

I just want to hear back from the grimacers when Ferrari uses some of the cash haul from the SUV to build a T50 competitor.

paulchua and elmadi like this.
  16. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I'm disappointed. At this price range, it should be the best at what it pretends to be, but isn't, not even close.

17. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Written by someone that clearly has never owned a Ferrari and doesn't understand what makes a Ferrari great. Only someone looking from the outside in could write such trash.

18. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Looks like the verdict from the big reviews is positive. Ferrari hit the mark it aimed for and soon we will have a V6 Hybrid which we probably be as fast (but alas quieter)and perhaps lighter making it nimbler. Not what I want and need in an SUV but I understand it.
    If this helps Ferrari finance better sports cars I am all for it.
    This is The Way-

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

elmadi likes this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I would be so happy to see it, unfortunately the new CEO decided to kill the V12 after the last Icona and F167..
    The path to electrification is a deadly one for the brand.

sailfly likes this.