Ohhhh...McLaren is bringing their “real” bar in Baku! | FerrariChat

Ohhhh...McLaren is bringing their “real” bar in Baku!

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Apr 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    In the meantime, all of the other teams are standing still, hoping McLaren catches up . . . . just because they're nice guys.

The question is, how long until Alonso starts whinging about the team . . .

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Thread title is wrong - the updated car is coming to Barcelona in more like a month as the next race is Baku in 2 weeks and McLaren will get absolutely killed there. It is clear that they have an under developed car at the moment. Their huge failures in testing made sure of that. Now they are playing catch up, but as we have seen many times before, McLaren are one of the best teams at in season car development, so I think they will catch up. How much they catch up is the question. If they don't make a big step in Barcelona, then Boullier had better get his resume ready... :)

vinuneuro and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Alonso..YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The whole McLaren team will be heading for the bar if they don't improve some.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

How good is their bar. Im partial to Martini's at times. A good scotch post race......looking forward to what they offer :)

7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah... I slept in and hadn't had my coffee yet. I broke my rule one for cellphone use... no typing BEFORE coffee. Rule two is no Typing AFTER tequila.

daytona355, subirg and DF1 like this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    McLaren PR is just silly. They sound rediculous. Elephant in the room... Emperors new clothes... Elephants clothes with a pet emperor in his room... Why don't they just get on with it and say less, far less

ingegnere likes this.
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Alonso sad about McLaren situation

APRIL 17, 2018

Fernando Alonso has admitted that McLaren's lack of performance in 2018 makes him "sad".

The Spaniard has been upbeat about the British team's chances in the wake of the Honda split, but although improved, McLaren is still struggling now with Renault power.

It has left some people wondering if Alonso does not now look with envious eyes at Toro Rosso, who took on the works Honda collaboration for 2018.

"Talking about a team after one good qualifying or race does not work," Alonso told Speed Week.

"After every win, every podium, I am asked if I regret leaving Ferrari. And now that Mercedes won everything for four years, you no longer ask about Ferrari, you ask about Toro Rosso," he added.

Nonetheless, he admits that McLaren is not yet ready to win, "and that leaves us sad".

"We cannot give the McLaren people the results we all want," Alonso is quoted by El Pais newspaper.

"I try to do the best job possible but we must try to improve."

daytona355 likes this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Boullier is an *******...he's more ridiculous that sadam hussein foreign minister!!!
    I remenber him at renault, talking trash about Kimi when they owed him money!
    The guy looks like a frog that smokes too much pot!

daytona355 likes this.
  11. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    At some point, don't you just shut up and keep your head down and do the work at hand? It's like the old adage of "under promise-over deliver" is a completely foreign concept to them.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don't think we are seeing Eric. I think a more accurate reflection of his skill and personality is his time at Renault. Now we are seeing him influence and controlled by the toxic McLaren culture.

Yes. See my post.

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    OMG, McLaren please stop. Their PR machine has been in overdrive all winter, providing answers to questions nobody asked or cares about.

classic308 and crinoid like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    When it is all silence here I can actually hear the chattering of teeth from the headquarters in Untertürkheim :D

ingegnere likes this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    McLaren needs to fire its management. For all their complaining about Ron tell me how they are doing better now either on the track, financially, or in the eye of public opinion.

daytona355, classic308 and crinoid like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Now McLaren is blaming its fans for expecting too much too soon. Unbelievable.

classic308 and crinoid like this.
  17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    crinoid likes this.
  18. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    McLaren preparing B car for Spain

APRIL 18, 2018

McLaren has confirmed that it will have a substantially different car in Spain.

After a tough start to the 2018 season despite the Honda era having ended, Spain's Marca newspaper said the team may be preparing a 'new chassis' for the race in Barcelona next month.

Team boss Eric Boullier now confirms to Speed Week: "The 2018 car as we imagined it will be in Spain.

"In an ideal world, we would have had it for Australia but it was not possible. So we have used so far a development of the 2017 car," revealed the Frenchman.

"We knew from the beginning that our options would be limited, although it has been frustrating, particularly in qualifying."

Asked if the 'B' car will finally put McLaren where it wants to be, Boullier answered: "I'd rather promise less and deliver more.

"I've been in formula one long enough to say that we'll drink champagne when we reach the podium."

19. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    As will everyone else have substantially upgraded cars in Spain

kylec likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Oh now Boullier wants to promise less and deliver more.

(Eyes roll)

Bas and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The car will suck in baku...so Eric will just say:
    -Well, it´s a brand new car so it will take a few races do unleash it's performance!
    In a couple of races..it will still suck, so Eric will reply:
    -Other have been developing their cars since the begining of the year, we are a litle behind but the numbers on the car are amazing, we just need some more speed on the corners and on the straights!
    car will keep on sucking, so once more Eric will step forward
    _ It's no use to keep on developing this year's car, it was basicly a test car for nex year, so we started already working on 2019 wich is when the real project will show it's full potential and we are adamant we will fight for podiums and wins!

Ps: Eric..stay of the drugs...

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.